“One of the better meals in Limerick”
Review of Marco Polo

Marco Polo
Ranked #40 of 300 Restaurants in Limerick
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Birmingham, Alabama
“One of the better meals in Limerick”
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

The chic atmosphere and contemporary decor of this restaurant are amazing. The food is adequate and better than another restaurant we were able to find in Limerick. The menu is varied and the food is good. The pizzas are amazing. The drink menu is extensive for Limerick. Overall we had a very pleasant experience here and I would recommend it for anyone visiting Limerick city centre.

• Polish first
Limerick, Ireland
“Better the second time around.”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I had visited Marco Polo before and was not impressed. However, in the last few months I had heard good things about it so decided to give it another try. The lunch special of 10euro for starter, main course and a mineral is great value, although, there are many items which have supplements of 1, 2 or 3 euro. I had the duck rolls for starters and the fish and chips for main course. I was very happy with my lunch over all. The duck rolls were nice and light and the fish was big and tasty. My boyfriend had the bruschetta which he said was alright and the lasagne which he wasn't happy with at all. He said it was very tough. I got sticky toffee pudding for dessert which was a real let down, the pudding was very big and didn't have enough sauce with it so it felt dry. It wouldn't stop me from going back though, everything else was lovely, my boyfriend on the other hand won't be going back!

Matsudo, Japan
“Great value lunch menu”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My girlfriend and I had lunch in Marco Polo this afternoon and we were impressed by the great selection as well as the value. Depending on the appetiser/main course you choose, a two course lunch costs between €10-15, which is very competitive. Add to this the fact that the food is of a very good standard and Marco Polo becomes one of the best spots in Limerick for lunch. There are a few little issues however. The lunch menu is slightly confusing and I can imagine a few people feeling annoyed with this. Also, we were seated right beside where the dishes were cleaned of leftovers and this was a little noisy. These are minor gripes however and overall we would both recommend a visit for a spot of lunch.

doolin
“My Favourite Place in Limerick”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I ate in your place last Sunday night, Fabulous food but the lighting is very poor, difficult to see the menu etc.
Of course Luigi Malones was my Favourite place and they had great offers.
At Marco Paolos you had to have a 4 course to have a special offer on a Sunday evening.. not great in the recession......................
Myra

Waterford
“Yummy but needs a few tweaks”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Food was gorgeous and for 25 euro you couldnt go wrong. Was disappointed on the night by dessert though, my first three options were not available and the eton Mess wasn't an Eton Mess, it was bad icecream with a little cream and a tiny clump of meringue and some very bitter blackcurrant sauce! Our waiter was fairly rude too to be honest but the other staff were lovely!

Visited March 2013