“Yum... garden snail in my pasta”

Ristorante Del Arte
Ranked #213 of 315 Restaurants in Limerick
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Needed pasta before a race the following day so dug into a really tasty tomato & chicken pasta dish. I noticed a crunch while eating but didn't want to think much of it, I just spat it out onto the tissue. But 3/4 into the meal I actually find a small circular shell that I know definitely isn't shell fish! When the waitress came to the table I told her, she took the plate away. The manager came over immediately & apologised, and explained that a snail must have gotten into the dish from the salad in the prep area in the kitchen. YUCK!!! I didn't want anything else to eat but she insisted on something like desert to take the hunger away, so I ordered a fruit salad. Unbelievably they made me pay for the fruit salad, that I didn't want, on the bill. Not going back there!

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Regular visitors to Del Arte both as a couple or family visit. We love the menu, food, staff & service. Warm welcoming atmosphere with a great value menu and lots to choose from. Love there main courses especially chicken with marsala sauce and the desserts are to die for! Would also highly recommend there breakfasts, freshly cooked to order. Our personal favourites are the full Irish, porridge with fresh fruit and maple syrup on the side or pancakes. Very convenient restaurant due to locality, parking and ease of access.

1  Thank LMur10
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Worst service I have ever endured, rude, slow, unprofessional staff.. just had pizza which was burnt to a cinder, and side order of fries, which I was sharing with riend, dealt with about 4 different waiters & waitresses, all very rude, we were 20 mins waiting to order and it wasn't even busy, food was literally just flung on our table without a word... was gobsmacked at whole experience there.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I love Italian food but Del Arte wasnt my idea of it, I had stuffed pasta was awful. On my 2nd visit I ordered a pizza it must've been made with salt instead of flour I needed bout 5 litres of water after it.

DelArteManagement, General Manager at Ristorante Del Arte, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Hi Reviewer, I have sent you a private message seeking further details about the dishes you ordered. We would like to ensure our staff learn from your feedback. kind regards, Del Arte Management.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I have visited this restaurant more times than I can count. I have visited as part of a group of 8 and many times just our family of 4. I have mostly been with my daughter. So many times my daughter has had the 'student deal' - which is great value. Because of my own plans, I've often just had tea. The waiting staff were as nice to us as if we were spending a fortune; often recognising us on entry and letting us know that they remembered our order. Recently my husband and I have started going here for a leisurely breakfast and the food is excellent and the service equally as good. I would highly recommend this restaurant for its ambience, value for money and friendly staff.

1  Thank bernadette m

Dear Reviewer, Thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to serving you again in the future. Regards, The Team at Del Arte