“Bad food and too little of it ...”
Review of Mejana Restaurant

Mejana Restaurant
Ranked #45 of 319 Restaurants in Limerick
Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Mejana Restaurant - fine Lebanese and international cuisine in the heart of Limerick City, Ireland.
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

I don't like to write a bad review but this was the worst meal I have eaten out in a long time. Main courses were cold , tasteless and small. The meze's were ok but extremely small - smaller than you would get in any middle eastern country. We were starving leaving and popped in Tesco for some food to eat when we got home ..... What a pity cause last time we are in Mejana (a year ago) it was great. Our kids had pizza - that was better than our food.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

I visited this restaurant in november I was impressed with the waitress witch was very kind to me and explained the menu very cleraly I also liked the sauce for the kebap It was really good The prices weren t to bad either

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Looking for somewhere a little bit different in Limerick?
Then head down to MeJana off Catherine Street. This Lebanese restaurant has an extensive menu that should suit. Called in last night to celebrate my daughter's birthday and we were suitably impressed. We did not have a reservation but were welcomed warmly by the manager, who was extremely courteous and helpful in menu and wine selection. You will need some time to decide on your choice as options include lebanese bread served with the freshest, creamiest hummus, hot and cold mezzes, salads, vegetarian/non-vegetarian, seafoods, main courses, early-bird's, side orders, deserts and drinks for your enjoyment.
All the main courses are served with a choice of rice or fries or salad. Try the Shish Taouk, (marinated chicken pieces served with a garlic dipping sauce) or Castaleta (lamb cutlets marinated with mixed herbs and then charcoaled grilled. It's served with a chilli sauce.)
Deserts include an extremely rich butterscotch cheesecake or the very sweet Baklawa, (layered pasteries filled with almonds, pistachios and pine nuts.)
The Arabic coffee was much too strong for me, but perfect for my son who traded his americano. There are speciality teas and liqueur coffees and even water pipes to choose from.
A lovely moment occurred as we dined, the manager found out my daughter was celebrating her birthday and brought her a cake with a candle, he even sang 'happy birthday'...then as we lamented not having a camera he very graciously took the photo of our group and e-mailed it to us. As the heading says..MeJana....MeImpressed....Me Be Back. Good value too!

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely beautiful mezza eat here yesterday afternoon with a family member had the 4starter choice with glass of wine .very reasonable and relaxing

Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Best christmas party in the last ten years, exotic food, belly dancing, cocktails, food etc, cannot recommend this place enough!