“convenient and good location”

Travelodge Limerick
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“convenient and good location”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

We stayed in the Travelodge in Limerick for one night as we were visiting our son who study in limerick University . I have stayed in a quite a few budget hotels and usually they are cheap but cheerful. The Travelodge was cheap but certainly not cheerful. First of all we had to wait for 10 minutes at the reception before someone looked after...

Room Tip: good value for money
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
London, UK
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Large, clean, comfortable room. This Travelodge operates a no-noise policy which should ensure a quite night. It is efficient, no frills, no nonsense - just what one would expect from Travelodge. It is convenient and easy to find when travelling by car. There is a large Tesco on the opposite side of the Coonagh roundabout. Plenty of free parking.

Room Tip: First floor rooms require walking down corridors and climbing stairs. Ground floor rooms are easier...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I stayed in the Travelodge in Limerick for one night as I was visiting a friend in the area. I have stayed in a quite a few budget hotels and usually they are cheap but cheerful. The Travelodge was cheap but certainly not cheerful.

First of all we had to wait for 10 minutes at the reception before someone looked after us. The two first rooms that we were offered had not been cleaned from the night before. Each time we went back to the reception, where we were offered some lame excuses about the cleaning lady being sick - which is fine, but did they really expect us to stay in a dirty room? The staff then tried to offer us a room without a key - which I didn't accept.

The fourth room we were offered was clean but still pretty horrible - Broken furniture, ripped duvet cover, dirty mattress visible below sheets that were to short for the bed, dirty, stained carpets, no noise insulation, tiles missing in the bathroom. The room was also completely bright from 5am on so that it was impossible to sleep.

It is not possible to get any food in the hotel or the area after 10pm other then a vending machine.

Overall a very bad experience, I would highlight recommend to look at either the nice B&Bs in the area or otherwise to stay an a different hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Marc85

Travelers are raving about these Limerick hotels

Ireland
Reviewed April 25, 2014

This hotel is really quite grim. Two of our party of five had to change rooms because of broken sink and broken toilet. There was a strong smell of smoke in the corridor and a lingering smoke smell in my room. The room was very cold with windows open when I arrived - presumably to clear the smell of smoke. One of our colleagues found a housekeepers master key in her luggage. Bizarre and troubling. When she returned the key to reception the receptionist said "Oh, I know what that's about". Draw your own conclusions. We won't be back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank TMcDonough
TravelodgeLimerick, General Manager at Travelodge Limerick, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Hi TMcDonough
Thank you for your recent review Firstly I would like to apologize f'or the experience you had in our hotel.
I have recently been appointed as Manger of the hotel I hope to fix all the issues you highlighted in your post.
Travelodge is investing in this property in the near future to bring it up to a high standard we are committed to our guests.
I will contact you you when in the near future.
I really hope to see you again

General manager
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I stayed in the Travelodge on 9th March, I was attending a gig in Limerick. I had no problems whatsoever with the booking or the hotel - I had pre-paid online so got it for €45, bargain! The room was really clean, nice and bright. There was no hair dryer but I always bring my own anyway. Loads of parking at the hotel and a vending machine in reception in case you get the munchies! I didn't use the diner next door but there was a good discount if you were staying in the hotel. I have to say what impressed me the most was how quiet it was. Friday night and just off a busy road but I slept soundly. Staff at reception were lovely. Would definitely stay here again. Only downside was how far out it was but I was driving anyway.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Hi
catherineesmith7
Thank you for you review We aim for low rates in a nice clean comfortable surroundings.
We are really happy to hear from our happy guests.
We really look forward to our next meeting.

ireland
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Total mess , checked into hotel and my card got charged twice , receptionist was to get back to me but never bothered , still none the wiser , had to go looking for her to see if she refunded card , went to room , switched on telly and it nearly went on fire , so I went to call recep only to find the telephone in room had no lead which is a serious breach of health and safety , just an absolute mess over all

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank fireguyIreland
HI Fireguyireland
I am really sorry for the experience you had in our hotel.I have recently been appointed as general manager. Travelodge are investing in this property in the very near future to bring the hotel back to a high standard.
We are extremely customer focused and I hope to see you in the near future.
I will be addressing all of the above issues personally myself.
Thank you for review.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 9, 2014

This Limerick Travelodge is in a very good quiet location out of the city on the way to the Cliffs of Moher and the Burren. There is a pub 5 mins walk away and a big Tesco across the road. The rooms have comfortable chairs and/or couches.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

1 Thank rosew38