Absolute Hotel(Limerick)
$126
$121
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $137/night.

The Pier Hotel, Limerick(Limerick)
$73
$63
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $83/night.

$136
$132
$170
$111
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $131/night.

$166
$94
$173
$141
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $158/night.

$100
Agoda.com
All reviewscurry houselifestyle suitean indian restaurantgastro pubcrescent shopping centrecarvery lunchtwo double bedsfamily roomstayed for one nightbar menulast weekendshort stayrooms are spaciousenjoyable staycar parklimerick citybone
Reviewed June 4, 2018 via mobile

Just back from a two night stay with my family which has two young children. This hotel is in not a bit child friendly. We were given a travel cot that was very unsturdy and this is the first hotel that I have encountered that does not provide mattresses for them so my baby was expected to sleep on a rock hard base. The first night we ate in the bar and from the beginning we were greeted with looks of disapproval because of our small children, the bar manageress had a face that would have given cruella devil a run for her money and then proceded to call my children rowdy to my face, my baby was upset as she was bored waiting an hour for any food! My husband ordered the Peruvian chicken which im assuming came from peru as it took so long! Food was terrible and we just felt.unwelcome and uncomfortable from the get go. The receptionists all were sullen and mumbled if asked anything. Was a nightmare to get baby food stored or heated or to get milk for a baby bottle staff grumbled or huffed and gave looks of disapproval and inconvenience. The second night we are elsewhere that was more accomodating and friendly. Made feel uncomfortable and unwelcome from day one, would never return! The only pleasant staff that smiled or were any way helpful were the staff at breakfast they couldnt do enough for us, the rest of the.staff could learn something from them instead of walking around looking miserable. Worst hotel I have ever stayed in.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Andrea M
Dermot K, General Manager at Great National South Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2018

Dear reviewer,
We have discussed your review with the team in detail and offer our apologies.

Best Regards,
Executive General Manager.

Reviewed May 30, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights recently for work. Having seen the reviews I was a little dubious, and wasn’t overly impressed with photos on website.

However I very much enjoyed my stay. Great location close to the motorway/hospital/crescent shopping centre. It’s not city centre, but that suited me perfectly for this stay. Plenty of onsite parking. Check in was very efficient and my room was very well appointed and spacious. Bed was extremely comfortable. The bathroom was functional- could do with updating, but met my needs.

I ate in the bar/ it was very busy both evenings. Food was excellent, staff were very friendly and obliging. Although service was quite slow as they were so busy.

Overall I was quite impressed with this hotel, prices are reasonable so you’re not expecting the Ritz. I enjoyed my stay and would recommend

Stayed: May 2018, traveled on business

Dear reviewer,
Thanks for such a detailed and generous review - and for recommending us!!

We look forward to welcoming you back again sometime soon.

Best Wishes

Reviewed May 27, 2018

This is a really good hotel and excellent value for money. If anything the standard has improved since my previous stay. The hotel is well located and has local shops, restaurants, supermarket and an ATM next door.

Is definitely my first choice when visiting Limerick.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed May 22, 2018

Upon arrival, the outside appears very well maintained. Upon entering, not so much. Staff was being as accommodating as possible but no clue how to think on their own. Asking for a simple microwave to use was like pulling teeth. They had to upper management to place a single microwave in a closet room for storage of the housekeeper crew. Not very appealing. The rooms have carpet that needs some serious attention as my luggage was rolling the carpet underneath. Zero air circulation in the room, no screens on the windows, and mosquitoes outside them the whole time. Shower in the tub was horrible, the tub was designed for a hobbit. Not a big guy and this had the shower curtain touching me the entire time. Poor design. The bed was a saltine cracker, not very comfy. The entertainment on the TV, garbage and nothing international about it. The sink designated hot/cold faucets were useless to combine. The "fitness" center was terrible and located in a basement dungeon of a location. Absolutely no equipment in there to use but one cardio machine and a broke-down chest press. Hopefully better options next visit. Pass on this for sure.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the highest available, maybe it has air conditioning and screens on the windows
  • Stayed: April 2018, traveled on business
Dermot K, General Manager at Great National South Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2018

Dear David H,
Thanks for sharing your opinion.

I've discussed your points with the relevant department managers to rectify areas that need attention, and we apologise for this.

Microwaves aren't normally provided in Irish hotels - but we provide them to some of our long-stay guests as a gesture, on request. As we've a limited stock of them our reception team need to check availability with our accommodation team, as they are often pre-booked in advance of arrival.

We'll try to identify the room you were allocated - it's possible you stayed in a room that hadn't received our recent upgrades to mattresses and furnishings. The majority of our TV stations are, in fact, International, but we are considering an expansion of these, to offer greater choice and variety for our guests.

With respect to the other points, we don't normally get complaints about the size of the bath tubs, the lack of window screens or Mosquitoes for that matter, but your points are noted nonetheless.

We hope you'd consider us again and we'll ensure you are given a room upgrade.

Thanks again for taking the time to review us.

Reviewed May 14, 2018 via mobile

The room was lovely bathroom needs up dating and the addition of conditioner would be nice not just shampoo. The indian restaraunt is fabulous really worth a visit. However something needs to be done about the smell in the corridors it is absolutely rotten and it wasnt a once off as my husband stays here with work alot.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
Dermot K, General Manager at Great National South Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2018

Dear rachel012,
Thanks for all your feedback. I have discussed the issues you've raised with our relevant supervisors. Our sincere apologies.

I hope we have the chance to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Best wishes