“Coach trip”
Review of Pery's Hotel

Pery's Hotel
Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Stayed in this hotel for 5 days, Hotel was lovely and clean, staff were very helpful nothing was too much trouble for them. Room was noisy due to outside noise but not a real problem for us we still slept soundly. Air conditioning in the rooms is a must or at least a fan in the room. My only small complaint is that i feel being a vegetarian there should be a choice on the menu i had what i was given lucky for me i was happy with my food but a choice is needed.I would recommend this hotel on cleanliness and hospitality, the staff were excellent.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank DavinaL214
Bestwestern_perys, Front Office Manager at Pery's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Dear Davina,

I would like to express my thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. I receive great job satisfaction when reading positive reviews such as yours. As with all reviews, I have posted yours on our communications board so that the rest of the team can read your wonderful comments.

In relation to noise, unfortunately being a city centre hotel, it can sometimes be difficult to completely avoid noise on the weekend. We do our best to facilitate all guest requests so it is advisable to request a quiet room at booking stage. However I am glad that you slept soundly.

The hotel does not have air conditioning but normally this is not a problem. However over the past few weeks, we have been experiencing much milder weather leading to uncomfortable room temperatures. We do have fans available on request from reception.

I completely take on board your comments relating to vegetarian options. I have forwarded your feedback directly to our food and beverage manager so that he can carry out the necessary changes to improve the vegetarian options.

Thanks again for your honest and much appreciated feedback. We will use it to help us to improve our standards thus ensuring that all of our customers have a positive experience when they visit us. Thank you once again.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

4 night stop just 10 minutes from city centre and bus or rail stations a nice single room bath/shower room was spotless towels changed every day great food many choices in the taits bar prices were good too, if your staying at a weekend then when you book do ask for a quiet room if you require one as sometimes they may have a wedding. Recommend to any traveller Free parking available free wifi great value

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms 316 -322 quiet rooms 105 107 are above bar
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Hi Rob,

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. It is very rewarding to read such positive feedback. I am truly delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do however take on board your comments relating to noise at the weekends. We are a city centre hotel and sometime it can be noisy on the weekend however we do mention this possibility on all of our online booking channels. But you are quite right, guests requesting a quieter room are advised to mention this at booking stage so that we can do our best to allocate a bedroom in a quieter part of the hotel.Thanks again for your review! Hopefully I will have the opportunity to meet with you face to face on your next visit.

Many thanks,

Reviewed June 27, 2014

Just returned from 5day break with coach party from north wales,and wanted to say the hotel was really good! The room we had was spotless,and roomy,and food was excellent, nothing was too much trouble for the staff,who worked very hard.Our room was on 3rd floor which does have some issues, which they are trying to sort out,so no need for me to repeat them. All in all a, lovely break, well worth the money.!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Bestwestern_perys, Guest Relations Manager at Pery's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Dear Sandra,

Thank you for your lovely comments, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your
stay with us. I have posted your review on our staff notice board for all to see
and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Kind Regards
Brian Healy

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Stayed here this week and was surprised considering some of the reviews we read €65 for a huge spotless clean twin room with a great shower was excellent .had a lovely lunch and breakfast in the hotel bar which served a lovely cold pint as well and then the fact it is so centrally located you can walk everywhere from your base .really enjoyed our stay

Room Tip: Rooms to front of hotel are quieter
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Stjosephboys
Bestwestern_perys, Front Office Manager at Pery's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. It is truly rewarding to hear such positive feedback. I am really happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

The hotel is near the rail station and a few minutes walk from the town centre. There is car parking available though I have not used it.

We arrived late on a Saturday in the middle of a massive wedding party. The hotel was just about able to cope with checking in our coach load of guests, and then fed us a 3 course meal. There was a lot of noise and some of my companions struggled to sleep. The next 3 nights were fine however.

The hotel has a great atmosphere and really nice staff. It does need to spend a bit on renewals. I think we had a non restored room - the curtains were shabby (nets ripped for instance) and the bedding was very bobbly. The bathroom had a few cracks and was quite old fashioned, with taps and a shower that I found hard to turn (I have minor arthritis).

HOWEVER none of this mattered. I had the best time. Slept really well, ate well, felt at home and really happy. Ireland does this. For the price of our holiday I was perfectly satisfied - the food was really very good. Breakfast choices were the usual, pretty extensive. No mean-ness over hot drinks and toast.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Bestwestern_perys, Front Office Manager at Pery's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Hi Wanda,

Thank you so much for the lovely review. I am delighted that you really enjoyed your stay with us. I completely take your points on board. The hotel is Limerick's oldest hotel and represents great historical importance for the city. However being the oldest hotel, we do realise that some areas in the hotel need to be updated. We have already introduced a refurbishment plan which is currently being carried out. I have also relayed some of the bedroom issues to the housekeeping manager for immediate attention. I have posted your lovely review up on our notice board for our team to read. Thank you once again. I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Many thanks,

Reviewed May 29, 2014

I booked this hotel to be near the train station and being a Best Western, I thought it would be OK...IT WASN'T!...The room was directly above the cabaret and was extremely noisy till very late and this was knowing we were 3 senior adults! The elevator wasn't working and the whole place was run down in appearance and not very clean....never again!

Room Tip: give it a miss!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Bestwestern_perys, Front Office Manager at Pery's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Dear Marilee,

I am genuinely very disappointed and truly sorry that you did not have a pleasant stay at our hotel. I really appreciate you taking the time to express your feedback as it is only through this valuable feedback that we can continuously work to improve our service thus ensuring that our guests have a memorable stay.

In relation to your comments regarding noise, I completely agree that you should not have been allocated a bedroom directly above the music. I have organised training on the importance of room allocation which will ensure that future guests will be allocated bedrooms more carefully. I am sorry that the elevator was not working during your stay. Unfortunately sometimes technology fails and we have no control over this. When situations like this occur, we do act very promptly to rectify the problem in order to minimise the inconvenience to our guests.

I would like to assure you that we aim to provide the highest levels of customer service to all of our customers. I would be most grateful if you could contact me directly so that i may have the opportunity to further explore your bad experiences with the hotel and hopefully reinstill your confidence in us once again.

Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

I am a platinum loyalty card but despite of that my room was at the far end of the corridor. it was a fantastic stay in limerick. bed beautifully furnished, super comfortable . staff are fantastic. I did not like WiFi system and noise coming from the outside as I had to open the window no AC in the room.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Hazem,

Thank you so much for your recent review of our hotel and for the lovely comments. It is very rewarding to hear such positive feedback. I am delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay with us. I have posted your feedback on our staff notice board so that the rest of our team can also feel rewarded by your positive comments. In relation to noise, unfortunately we are a city centre hotel and noise can be an issue. We do our best to allocate guests bedrooms carefully but it is not always possible to completely avoid noise on the weekends. We have received feedback from other guests relating to our current WIFI system. It isn't the most straight forward system when first registering however once the registration is complete, you will never have to register again and it is free. However based on our guests feedback we are currently looking into a better WIFI system which will hopefully make it easier for all of our guests to access. Thank you once again for your valuable feedback.