“Great value for money hotel in city centre”
Review of Pery's Hotel

Pery's Hotel
Ranked #20 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Dublin
“Great value for money hotel in city centre”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Stayed here this week and was surprised considering some of the reviews we read €65 for a huge spotless clean twin room with a great shower was excellent .had a lovely lunch and breakfast in the hotel bar which served a lovely cold pint as well and then the fact it is so centrally located you can walk everywhere from your base .really enjoyed our stay

Room Tip: Rooms to front of hotel are quieter
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Stjosephboys
Bestwestern_perys, Front Office Manager at Pery's Hotel, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. It is truly rewarding to hear such positive feedback. I am really happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Valerie
BEST WESTERN Pery's Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
chester cheshire
Reviewed June 11, 2014

The hotel is near the rail station and a few minutes walk from the town centre. There is car parking available though I have not used it.

We arrived late on a Saturday in the middle of a massive wedding party. The hotel was just about able to cope with checking in our coach load of guests, and then fed us a 3 course meal. There was a lot of noise and some of my companions struggled to sleep. The next 3 nights were fine however.

The hotel has a great atmosphere and really nice staff. It does need to spend a bit on renewals. I think we had a non restored room - the curtains were shabby (nets ripped for instance) and the bedding was very bobbly. The bathroom had a few cracks and was quite old fashioned, with taps and a shower that I found hard to turn (I have minor arthritis).

HOWEVER none of this mattered. I had the best time. Slept really well, ate well, felt at home and really happy. Ireland does this. For the price of our holiday I was perfectly satisfied - the food was really very good. Breakfast choices were the usual, pretty extensive. No mean-ness over hot drinks and toast.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Bestwestern_perys, Front Office Manager at Pery's Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Hi Wanda,

Thank you so much for the lovely review. I am delighted that you really enjoyed your stay with us. I completely take your points on board. The hotel is Limerick's oldest hotel and represents great historical importance for the city. However being the oldest hotel, we do realise that some areas in the hotel need to be updated. We have already introduced a refurbishment plan which is currently being carried out. I have also relayed some of the bedroom issues to the housekeeping manager for immediate attention. I have posted your lovely review up on our notice board for our team to read. Thank you once again. I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Many thanks,

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I booked this hotel to be near the train station and being a Best Western, I thought it would be OK...IT WASN'T!...The room was directly above the cabaret and was extremely noisy till very late and this was knowing we were 3 senior adults! The elevator wasn't working and the whole place was run down in appearance and not very clean....never again!

Room Tip: give it a miss!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Bestwestern_perys, Front Office Manager at Pery's Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear Marilee,

I am genuinely very disappointed and truly sorry that you did not have a pleasant stay at our hotel. I really appreciate you taking the time to express your feedback as it is only through this valuable feedback that we can continuously work to improve our service thus ensuring that our guests have a memorable stay.

In relation to your comments regarding noise, I completely agree that you should not have been allocated a bedroom directly above the music. I have organised training on the importance of room allocation which will ensure that future guests will be allocated bedrooms more carefully. I am sorry that the elevator was not working during your stay. Unfortunately sometimes technology fails and we have no control over this. When situations like this occur, we do act very promptly to rectify the problem in order to minimise the inconvenience to our guests.

I would like to assure you that we aim to provide the highest levels of customer service to all of our customers. I would be most grateful if you could contact me directly so that i may have the opportunity to further explore your bad experiences with the hotel and hopefully reinstill your confidence in us once again.

BEST WESTERN Pery's Hotel

Travelers are raving about these Limerick hotels

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

I am a platinum loyalty card but despite of that my room was at the far end of the corridor. it was a fantastic stay in limerick. bed beautifully furnished, super comfortable . staff are fantastic. I did not like WiFi system and noise coming from the outside as I had to open the window no AC in the room.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Hazem,

Thank you so much for your recent review of our hotel and for the lovely comments. It is very rewarding to hear such positive feedback. I am delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay with us. I have posted your feedback on our staff notice board so that the rest of our team can also feel rewarded by your positive comments. In relation to noise, unfortunately we are a city centre hotel and noise can be an issue. We do our best to allocate guests bedrooms carefully but it is not always possible to completely avoid noise on the weekends. We have received feedback from other guests relating to our current WIFI system. It isn't the most straight forward system when first registering however once the registration is complete, you will never have to register again and it is free. However based on our guests feedback we are currently looking into a better WIFI system which will hopefully make it easier for all of our guests to access. Thank you once again for your valuable feedback.

Oakland, United States
Reviewed May 29, 2014

My wife and I went to Ireland for 3 weeks for our honeymoon. We stayed at a combination of Hotels, Bed and Breakfasts, and homes on Airbnb. Of all the places this hotel had the best customer service on Check-In, during our stay, and at Check-Out. We had mentioned we were on our honeymoon in a note on our on-line reservation. We we reached the front desk and I gave my name we were greater with a warm smile and "Congratulations!"

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Carrie,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I am delighted to know that you experienced the best customer service of your entire trip at our hotel. The lady that was on duty during your arrival and departure was Laura Mullane. I have passed on your lovely comments to her. Thank you once again. We do hope that you will come back and see us again in the future. Congratulations once again from everyone here at BEST WESTERN Pery's Hotel.

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Location is good as touring, eating, and shopping are all within walking distance. An older hotel, you’ve got everything you need. Parking is available directly across the street in a secured lot. Apparently the side street facing rooms are quieter than the front of the building. My room was clean and modestly decorated. Windows are large so there is plenty of natural light. I doubt there is A/C and I didn’t see a fan, so windows may have to be open. WiFi was strong throughout the building. Shower water pressure was low. Breakfast was not included in my package but is available in the hotel restaurant. The perks of location, fair price, friendly staff, and free parking outweighed any lack of pizzazz in this hotel, and yes, I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to arrange a side-street room
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us. l have posted your review on our staff notice board for all of our team to view. Unfortunately we do not have air conditioning in the hotel however we do provide fans on request. I am sorry that the water pressure in your shower was not adequate. I have had our maintenance staff look into this issue. It can happen on occasion but normally once notified, we can have the problem fixed immediately. Thanks again for your valuable feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

Good Central location. Good entertainment and good average facilities. We were a bit put off by odours on some landings/hallways, that said the odours were not in our room. Our room was very small in comparison to friends rooms who paid the same price so ask for a bigger room when booking.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Carol,

Thank you for your review on your stay at our hotel. I really do appreciate that you took the time to share your feedback with us. I note your comment regarding the smell in the hallway. To be honest, I do completely agree that it is very unpleasant. We are very much aware of this issue and we are trying our best to resolve the matter. The problem lies with the underground piping of the hotel. We have hired a number of professional experts who are currently working with us to try and establish the exact cause of the problem so that we can fix it as soon as possible. I very much wish that this problem was resolved long by now however it is a very difficult problem to fix. I would like to assure you that we are doing all we can and will continue to do our best until the problem has been completely rectified. I also noticed your comment on the size of your bedroom. I have made note in your profile that you are to be allocated a large room for all future stays. Once again I would like to thank you for your valuable feedback as it is only through this very important information that we can continuously work on improving our customers experience.

Many thanks,