“Great Hotel”

Ranked #20 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Cairo, Egypt
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

I am a platinum loyalty card but despite of that my room was at the far end of the corridor. it was a fantastic stay in limerick. bed beautifully furnished, super comfortable . staff are fantastic. I did not like WiFi system and noise coming from the outside as I had to open the window no AC in the room.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Bestwestern_perys, Front Office Manager at Pery's Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear Hazem,

Thank you so much for your recent review of our hotel and for the lovely comments. It is very rewarding to hear such positive feedback. I am delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay with us. I have posted your feedback on our staff notice board so that the rest of our team can also feel rewarded by your positive comments. In relation to noise, unfortunately we are a city centre hotel and noise can be an issue. We do our best to allocate guests bedrooms carefully but it is not always possible to completely avoid noise on the weekends. We have received feedback from other guests relating to our current WIFI system. It isn't the most straight forward system when first registering however once the registration is complete, you will never have to register again and it is free. However based on our guests feedback we are currently looking into a better WIFI system which will hopefully make it easier for all of our guests to access. Thank you once again for your valuable feedback.

BEST WESTERN Pery's Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Oakland, United States
Reviewed May 29, 2014

My wife and I went to Ireland for 3 weeks for our honeymoon. We stayed at a combination of Hotels, Bed and Breakfasts, and homes on Airbnb. Of all the places this hotel had the best customer service on Check-In, during our stay, and at Check-Out. We had mentioned we were on our honeymoon in a note on our on-line reservation. We we reached the front desk and I gave my name we were greater with a warm smile and "Congratulations!"

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Carrie,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I am delighted to know that you experienced the best customer service of your entire trip at our hotel. The lady that was on duty during your arrival and departure was Laura Mullane. I have passed on your lovely comments to her. Thank you once again. We do hope that you will come back and see us again in the future. Congratulations once again from everyone here at BEST WESTERN Pery's Hotel.

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Location is good as touring, eating, and shopping are all within walking distance. An older hotel, you’ve got everything you need. Parking is available directly across the street in a secured lot. Apparently the side street facing rooms are quieter than the front of the building. My room was clean and modestly decorated. Windows are large so there is plenty of natural light. I doubt there is A/C and I didn’t see a fan, so windows may have to be open. WiFi was strong throughout the building. Shower water pressure was low. Breakfast was not included in my package but is available in the hotel restaurant. The perks of location, fair price, friendly staff, and free parking outweighed any lack of pizzazz in this hotel, and yes, I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to arrange a side-street room
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us. l have posted your review on our staff notice board for all of our team to view. Unfortunately we do not have air conditioning in the hotel however we do provide fans on request. I am sorry that the water pressure in your shower was not adequate. I have had our maintenance staff look into this issue. It can happen on occasion but normally once notified, we can have the problem fixed immediately. Thanks again for your valuable feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

Good Central location. Good entertainment and good average facilities. We were a bit put off by odours on some landings/hallways, that said the odours were not in our room. Our room was very small in comparison to friends rooms who paid the same price so ask for a bigger room when booking.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Carol,

Thank you for your review on your stay at our hotel. I really do appreciate that you took the time to share your feedback with us. I note your comment regarding the smell in the hallway. To be honest, I do completely agree that it is very unpleasant. We are very much aware of this issue and we are trying our best to resolve the matter. The problem lies with the underground piping of the hotel. We have hired a number of professional experts who are currently working with us to try and establish the exact cause of the problem so that we can fix it as soon as possible. I very much wish that this problem was resolved long by now however it is a very difficult problem to fix. I would like to assure you that we are doing all we can and will continue to do our best until the problem has been completely rectified. I also noticed your comment on the size of your bedroom. I have made note in your profile that you are to be allocated a large room for all future stays. Once again I would like to thank you for your valuable feedback as it is only through this very important information that we can continuously work on improving our customers experience.

Many thanks,

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Have stayed here twice over the past few months once for business & once for pleasure. I have found the hotel to be perfect for my needs at least. It is very close to the main streets for pubs & restaurants and was only 15 minutes away from Shannon where I was working. Ate in the bar one night & the food was surprisingly good & excellent value. They have Sky Sports so was able to watch the sports while having a few pints.Breakfast was also tasty the next morning. While it is not the most luxurious hotel one can stay in I would certainly recommend it if in Limerick for a few nights & don't want to blow the budget.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank rockyplace
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. It is very rewarding to read such positive feedback. I have shared this review with the rest of our team so that they too can read the wonderful comments you have made. I look forward to hopefully meeting with you in person on your next visit. Thanks again.

Wicklow, Ireland
Reviewed April 23, 2014

i stayed at perys hotel for the easter weekend , i really enjoyed my stay in limerick , firstly have to say the staff at the hotel were brilliant and very helpful during my stay , they gave me great advice on where to visit and more than willing to help you in anyway possible which was really nice of them , the location of the hotel is excellent close to everything a few minutes walk to everything , room was basic but clean , the shower could be more powerful , breakfast was ok with good choice depending on your taste , would i stay here again if visiting limerick , yes i would as the saff are soome of the best i have encountered anywhere , if the whole hotel was modernised it would be a really nice place to stay , thanks for a really nice weekend .

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

It's a bad sign when the management don't want to serve the customer!? Myself and a friend arrived there for a chat and tea and it was terrible. The seating area in the bar looks like a makeshift retirement home. Bits of bread or scone crumbs on the floor. Few dirty tables. The smoking area is absolutely filthy an the seating out there is in serious need of up dating. The toilets are smelly (male) the soap is empty. That bin under the hand drier I've never seen empty. Very poor for a city hotel with such history in the city of limerick. Not impressed at all.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Giveroffacts

Travelers are raving about these Limerick hotels