Pery's Hotel
Free cancellation until 06/03
$147
$142
Hotels.com
Woodfield House Hotel(Limerick)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 06/02
$209
$183
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewstrain stationcity centrelarge bathroomcouple of nightsstayed one nightreception stafffriday nightvisit limericklovely staff
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I know there has been some poor reviews of this hotel, but by my experience think they are unjustified. Spent four nights there this month as part of a coach party from UK, and found the whole experience fantastic. The staff were great and most helpful, specially the reception. My wife who is disabled and has walking difficulties, found nothing but kindnest and help from them.
The meals (Breakfast & Dinner) were good, meals well prepared and presented, and served quickly at dinner, though the Coach party was 47 every went smoothly, though we were seated all together. Room was satisfactory, and bathroom very good for a disabled person. Bar service was good, and priced reasonably for a hotel, more or less local bar prices.
If going to Limerick independantly would stay here again.

Room Tip: Avoid room in front of hotel as could pick up some street noise during weekend
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I have now stayed twice in Pery's and will be definitely back. I had a really pleasant visit and was offered a nice spacious room which was comfortable but like other aspects of the building probably need a little updating ..... that being said, what really makes this hotel shine are the reception staff. As friendly as you could possible find and really wanting to please you in every way possible .... coupled with a really great location - and a very competitive rate, Pery's is definitely a hotel I will return to .... if you go there I suggest you try out the italian restaurant around the corner - La Piccalo Italia - recommended to me by the hotel .... thank you Perys!

Room Tip: get a room away from the bar or function room for a quiet sleep if you want to retire early!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Our recent stay at this Hotel was most pleasurable over 4/5 days, to give a restful stay plus plenty of options to get out and about and a little further afield, without experiencing long, tiring journeys.

Well appointed, clean, friendly, staff most helpful and very occasional small problems were immediately dealt with. Appears to be well used and frequent ed by the "locals" which did create rather slow bar service at Dinner time and after.
Evening "entertainment" appeared on a couple of nights, consting of a pair of rather loud modern musicians, welcome by some, but who were situated amidst the lounge/resting areas, which were abundant and comfortable, but offered little opportunity to escape the noise apart from escaping to outside Bars/Hotels or TV in the bedroom.
.A more acceptable offering or diversion, would have been an offering by local/irish musicions and music.
A seperate lounge/rest area where one could relax away from the music would have been very welcome.

TV reception left quite a bit to be desired in terms of picture quality, but for the relatively short time spent in that situation it could be accepted.

Rooms maybe a little small and basic with occsional lack of availlability of Hot Water!

We were situated in a Room on the 1st Floor - but overlooking a much less than pleasant outlook immediately outside, over local roofs littered with rubbish permanently - back rooms therefore to be avoided if one has the choice. There appeared to be only one lift, and this often filled up, but was rapid and comfortable in the journey upwards.
The Food was good, well prepared, varied, plenty of choice and well served by most amiable staff.
Breakfast likewise, offered all that one could wish for but the lay out of the self service facilities for both hot and cold offerings was most constricted and uncomfotable- especially related to the many hot items and especially toast, where permanent queues resulted by the slow process/equipment used to prepare one's needs.
The location of the Hotel was very convenient by those who want to be adjacent to the City, but at the same time was very convenient for those who want to enjoy pleasant visits to small towns of character full of history in the area.
Situated as the Hotel is, parking was not exactly abundant or convenient for those with cars. We were also advised that the surrounding area was less than salubrious as night came on, but we did not experience that at all.
A place where I would not be averse to staying at at any time.

Room Tip: Not a rear facing Room!!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Wow! Where to begin, the staff was outstanding, they were all courteous and attentive. The hotel, while being older and a little outdated compared to today's standards was so perfectly located. Our room was located at the back of the hotel and was clean and quiet. Perfect for a good rest after a busy day.

The Pub was enjoyable but sorely needed additional staff. The one time we ate there, once we received our meal no one came back to inquire if we needed anything else. We actually had to request our bill to pay but the food was good.

We would definitely return to Pery Best Western, Limerick in the future because we liked it that much and we don't think we could find a friendlier, enjoyable atmosphere any where else.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Sassysas1955
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed here on Saturday night as I was attending the Munster game. Firstly I would like to commend the young lady on reception. She is a credit to your establishment. She even moved her car so that we could park in the Carpark. She was extremely friendly. Such a pity she did not have a name badge on so I could thank her personally.
Breakfast was excellent with plenty of hot food and great service. I would highly recommend this hotel as its really central and I look forward to coming back.
The only set back was that the bed sank into the middle and was very soft.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Bestwestern_perys, Front Office Manager at Pery's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Dear Perie,

I would like to thank you very much for your lovely comments regarding our hotel. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay here with us. The receptionist on duty at the time of your arrival was Laura. I am please to know that Laura took good care of you. I have informed her of your lovely comments. She is now also wearing her name badge so that she can be recognised to all of our customers. In relation to the mattress sinking in the middle, i can only apologise for this. I would like to thank you for bringing this to my attention. I have now logged it in our housekeeping maintenance book and I'll organise for the mattress to be replaced. I look forward to seeing you again in the future. Thanks again.

Best regards,