“Not bad”
Review of Pery's Hotel

Pery's Hotel
Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed at this Hotel this week end, the staff were quite helpful but the hotel does not cater for people with special needs or wheelchairs, there are no rooms for disabled people, there is NO on site parking and if you have a car you have to put it in an under ground car park which is a few street away. the food is very good and reasonably priced, but if you want a good nights sleep, do not stay Friday or Saturday night as they have a very loud band these two night which go's on until 1.30 in the morning, there is also a casino right opposite the hotel and if you have a front facing bedroom you get a lot of noise when they turn out the punters at around 3-4 in the morning the TV in the room was very old and did not work until one of the staff came and fiddled with it but the colours were very wishy washy and out of focus

Room Tip: if you stay here DO NOT GET A FRONT bed room
1  Thank satincape
Bestwestern_perys, Front Office Manager at Pery's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Hi Peter,

Firstly I would like to thank you most sincerely for taking the time to post your comments. I truly appreciate your honesty. I genuinley would like to express my sincere apologies for the problems that you encountered during your stay with us. I would like to assure you that your comments have been communicated back to the general manager, Marie Tynan who takes all of our customer feedback very seriously. Peter, I would really like to have the opportunity to contact you directly so that i can personally respond to the problems you experienced during your stay. My direct email address is val@perys.ie. Alternatively, you can telephone 061 413822. I look forward to hearing from you.

Kindest regards,

Valerie Ryan
Front Office Manager
BEST WESTERN Pery's Hotel

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed here as was attending theatre and as weather was poor decided to stay in city overnight. The hotel is well situated in the city & has complimentary carparking which is very useful in Limerick. The only downside was that it was an underground carpark below the casino so not sure i'd be comfortable parking there late at night. The room was clean but the bath taps didnt work properly. The TV was old and colours all pink and green- I had prevously stayed here in same room in 2012 & TV was same then so not impressed. Staff very friendly and efficient. Would stay again at the price I paid if I needed to stay over in city.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Staying in this hotel, I wasn't expecting much having read the reviews and knowing it was 3 star. But the service was nothing less than outstanding. One particular staff member - Emer at reception went the extra mile to make sure my stay was seamless with early check-in, recommendations, print outs and always genuine in her interactions for which I am extremely grateful for. Re the location and facilities - these were both excellent. Just 3 minutes walk from the bus/ rail station and in the heart of the city centre. My room was large and spacious, plenty of fresh towels and the shower was a lovely full blast (Unlike the Limerick Savoy which I was at the week after) and a hotel sauna. Overall a 3 star hotel in looks, with 5 star facilities and service.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Pros:

The price was reasonable and the location was perfect.

Cons:

There was a terrible smell similar to sewage throughout the corridors. The room was very, very basic. They only supplied one set of towels for the both of us and the walls and ceiling were paper-thin. We could hear everything from all angles which woke us from 7am onwards.
The toilet had hairs around the back of the seat and the soap dispenser was full of dirty finger prints.
It felt more like a b&b than a hotel. I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Arrived on Friday evening. Having booked in I took lift to my room only to be greeted with two bags of very soiled laundry. As the lift door of lift opened on my floor I was confronted by a table covered with stale food, dirty glasses and bottles. The housekeeping staff were having a great chat in the linen room. I brought what I had found
to the attention of a very efficient young receptionist / manageress shortly afterwards and all was cleared away. The rooms are very tired decor and furnishings wise. The bar man was also very helpful and obliging. We were able to get soup and sandwiches on return at 2am. very welcome and impressive. The room became very stuffy and had to open the windows which were onto the street as temp regulator did not function. Breakfast was acceptable in the morning and again the waitress was very attentive.
On checkout we again met the receptionist / manager of the previous evening dealt with us in a most polite, friendly way. If I was ever to return to this hotel it would because of the staff.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Wow what a place. I travel all over Europe and this place is like a 5 star compared the staff are great very helpful especially Marie who's a diamond at sorting things out for you very recommended they also have free wifi which is tip top and the parking is free the breakfast is spot on buffet style and the menu is fantastic and to top it of the beer is very well priced

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I stayed here for the first weekend in march and was abolutely disappointed with the place. The room was in the back of the hotel adn the halls to the room smelled aweful a musty smell. the room was clean and tidy but the water in the bathroom was not warm enough to have a bath. ON the saturday night there was a function and our room was on top of the function room. we could not sleep at all. we could here every word the band was saying we might as well have been in the function. I went down to reception to see how long this would be continuing on for and although the staff were nice and gave us free room service this did not make up for the fact that we were paying for a room that we could not sleep in. When leaving exhausted the next morning the girl on recpteption knew we had had problems and asked about it but did not apologise for the problem.

We will never stay in this hotel again.