“Worst dinner EVER!!”

Bambu
Ranked #31 of 300 Restaurants in Limerick
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Indian
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
UK
“Worst dinner EVER!!”
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

I went there for dinner with my boyfriend. We only ordered main course and dessert. The first bad impression I got was when I saw my boyfriend got a dirty fork. We both ordered the same main course. They served my boyfriend and forgot about me completely. Till I got served they offered to keep my partners dish warm, so he agreed. We got served but my dish was not the one I ordered. I eventually got the right meal but my boyfriends was cold by then. They apologized and gave us a free dessert, but that's simply not good enough. NEVER AGAIN!!!

• Visited January 2014

• Polish first
Limerick, Ireland
“Wouldn't Visit Again”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

This is a very nice restaurant - very clean and modern although a little cramped. The food is average and good value, in particular the €40 deal for two with a bottle of wine. Chicken satay starter gave me high hopes but my Bombay Aloo was dry and forgettable. Dessert options were your standard frozen fare, I went with ice cream in the face of yet another slice of Baileys cheesecake. There are better options.

Visited December 2013
Ireland
“Great food at good prices”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

€40 is their offer for a 3 course meal with tea or coffee and a bottle of wine for TWO people. Food choice on this menu is huge. The few items that attract a supplement only cost a euro or so extra. Food is well cooked and presented. I would have given 5 stars except that the restaurant was busy and when I went to the toilet my companion was moved to a small table at the entrance to make the better table available for a new client. As I had not even finished my dessert, I thought it was not correct. My companion had consented in my absence so I felt I could not complain and the all other tables were occupied by then but this should not have happened. Still would go back for food, value and service in general. Decor could be improved. On a budget, this value cannot be beaten.

• Visited December 2013
Clare
“Very good value.”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Perfect restaurant to go to if you don't want to spend a huge amount of money. The staff are friendly and the service is good. The menu is very big and think that maybe the food could be of a higher quality if there were less options but for the price you can't really complain. Loads of options to cater for anybody.

Visited November 2013
Limerick, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice curry, but small portions”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Had a delicious Red Curry here tonight, but the portion of rice was small. The rice was finished when I still had 1/4 of the curry left. I asked for another scope of rice and was told I would have to purchase a side portion (1.80 euro).

• Visited December 2013