“Lovely relaxed Ambience”
Review of Glasshouse Restaurant - CLOSED

Glasshouse Restaurant
Cuisines: European, Irish, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
ireland
“Lovely relaxed Ambience”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Went to the Glasshouse this week with 2 friends and had a great time!! Great atmoshphere and lovely new menu to choose from...............

Had the tortilla chips with 3 different dips to start followed by Lamb pie for mains - to die for!! Lovey wine menu - 20 Euro for a Sauvignon Blanc which was v good!! Service excellent, staff very friendly and attentive but not over the top.................

We dined downstairs, all tables occupied and a lovely buzz.............have to say, I love upstairs, the views are fab, but when it is not so busy, they do not offer tables upstairs as they pointed out it would lack atmosphere, which I do agree with...............

This restaurant is a great new edition..................to Limerick..............

Grab some of your work colleagues and have a great night out - you won't be disappointed!!

Limerick, Ireland
“Fantastic Restaurant”
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

I really love this restaurant, it's definitely my first choice when going out for a meal in Limerick. There's a great atmosphere and the staff are so attentive but not annoyingly so. I went recently to sample the new menu and I have to say it's just perfect. My husband and I shared the warm pittas with dip (beet root hummus is to die for) and the tortillas with dips as a starter and it was just so nice to be able to relax on a Friday evening with a glass of wine and not feel rushed. For our main courses I had the moules and frites (mussels and fries), simply delicious! I love mussels and think it's brilliant that I can have a big massive bowl for my main course. My husband had the Moroccan lamb burger and while I didn't taste it :-( he said it was yummy! All in all a fantastic evening, we even had a cocktail downstairs before going home. I would highly recommend the Glasshouse Restaurant and I'm going to be going back again shortly to try the salt cod croquettes.

Visited April 2013
Dublin
“Love the New Menu”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed the new menu. I ate in the Glass house last Friday and I was excited to see that they have changed the menu. I have eaten here a handful of times and I have to admit the food and service has always been Top Drawer. I had the mackerel pate for starters and the Seafood pie for my main, Very tasty. However I had food envy when my companion had the Thai prawn noodle salad for starters. Very tasty and refreshing. I will be returning when im in Limerick again.

manchester
“Wonderul”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

In a stay of 5days we ate twice at the Glasshouse. On the first occasion we dined with elderly relatives who have very specific dietary requirements. The restaurant was not fazed in any way and ensured that the two elderly ladies were made to feel very welcome. The food is excellent and this is matched by the quality of the service. On the second occasion I dined with my daughter and again it was a faultless experience.
On the two visits we tried the mackerel pate, mozzarella brushetta, tempura prawns as starters. The chicken breast, lamb pie, prawn vietnamese salad and a surf and turf special. We could find no fault with the quality of ingredients or the standard of cooking. If I had one minor complaint it would be that portion sizes are a little on the large side.
We are regular visitors to Limerick and have tried most ofthe restaurants but none match the Glasshouse for quality and service.

Dublin
“Top Class Food and Service”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stumbled across this restaurant by accident as our first choice was fully booked. We were lucky to get the last available table in the Glasshouse.
The staff made us feel very welcome from the moment we arrived and were attentive and friendly throughout.
We selected one Goat's Cheese starter and one Caesar Salad. Both were excellent with lots of good ingredients.
For mains we had a steak and a chicken dish, both delicious and served with freshly prepared vegetables which were just perfect.
We had just one desert, an excellent apple and berry crumble and rounded off with nicely prepared tea.

It was such a nice place to eat you forgot it was actually a pub / restaurant. Eating in a pub doesn't get much better than this. We were glad our first choice couldn't take us.

Visited April 2013