“Great Stay”

The Pier Hotel, Limerick
Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Reviewed September 21, 2012

This is a nice hotel in a good location in Limerick City.

The room is small enough but has everything you need and was clean and comfortable. There were loads of pillows which I like and the bed was also comfortable.

I got a good deal on the room, 49 euro including breakfast which was served until 11 (and 12 at weekends) which is great cause I don't like to get up early if I don't have to! I think this is a good price by comparison to other hotels in the area especially when taking into account that parking is free and secure and wifi was free in all room.

But I have to say what impressed me most about this hotel was the staff. They were all friendly and polite and gave a nod and a smile when you passed. There was one staff member though who stood out for me, Katarzyna. she was working on the front desk when I arrived before the check in time. She sorted out a room for me and empathized with my cold. I told her I was there for an interview and she was very positive and showed me how to get there and told me that she knew the people and they were very nice. The next day on checking out she asked how it went and assured me I must have gotten it. I just felt she went beyond polite and was very impressed with her.

I will defiantly stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for The Pier Hotel, Limerick

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Excellent value in a centrally located hotel.Modest rooms were spotlessly clean Staff were both helpful and friendly from reservation until time of departure. Breakfast was freshly cooked and very tasty.

Room Tip: Ask the helpful and friendly staff.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I stayed for two nights. The room was small but very clean and neat. The cooked breakfast was very nice. Its central location is very convenient. The hotel staff extremely friendly. Definitely recommend. It was very good value.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 2, 2012

The Pier Hotel is exceptional value and the staff are fantastic!!!
Staff could not have been more helpful.A real credit to the hotel.
Location is very good, close to everything you need in Limerick.
Rooms are very clean and the food was excellent.
I would highly recommend this hotel and will definitely go back next time I am in Limerick.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2012

On a stag party and got a great deal here.staff friendly who were very helpful, rooms were fine and nice residence bar that stayed open until we had enough! located more or less in city centre. ideal for similar parties.highly recommended

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 13, 2012

City centre location on the banks of the Shannon.
Our room unfortunately didn't have a river view but was a good size for a triple and very clean. Though we only stayed for one night, the staff were very friendly and helpful throughout our stay. Limerick has lots of restaurants but we chose to have our evening meal in the hotel, great choice as it was probably the nicest meal we had during our trip.
My one complaint about the hotel was the bar prices especially the soft drink prices, I found them a bit of a rip off compared to most bars we visited.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Peter T
Katarzyna M, Front Office Manager at The Pier Hotel, Limerick, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Dear Peter, Thank you very much for such a great review, hopefully we would see you again soon.
Kind Regards
Katarzyna Mrozowska

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Good impressions from arrival. Were met at the door and shown were to park our car then shown to our room. Found staff to be very helpful and friendly. Room was OK, nothing spectacular but clean with good river views. Both dinner and breakfast were fine. The hotel is situated on the edge of the city beside the river. Very good location.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Katarzyna M, Front Office Manager at The Pier Hotel, Limerick, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Thank you for such a pleasant comment, hopefully we will see you here soon again:)
Regards