“Stag Night”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of George's Bar & Kitchen - CLOSED

George's Bar & Kitchen
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Description: The ‘gBK’ (George Bar & Kitchen) provides a refreshing and unique dining experience for the city. Our lunch and dinner menus offer something for everyone in a relaxed environment. All our dishes are cooked to order and freshly prepared in house by our extremely talented kitchen team. All our food is locally sourced ensuring freshness to the table for all diners.Bridging the gap between a casual café and a formal restaurant, the gBK has grown in popularity in Limerick city since opening in 2006.The gBK opens its doors daily from 7.00am to the wonderful smells of full Irish breakfast & freshly ground coffee, you can have a stack of toast & jam or a healthy bowl of porridge or why not a warm muffin ‘to-go’ with your freshly brewed tea or coffee to set you up for the day ahead.Check out our lunch menu which is available 12.30pm -3.30pm daily. The gBK restaurant offers great food and drinks at affordable prices in an informal, pleasant atmosphere in the heart of Limerick city.Here in the gBK you can sample some of the best dishes in Limerick, from our locally sourced Sirloin Steaks, succulent Sea-bass, our specially stone-baked pizzas to an Irish Stew from our Chefs’ own family recipe. This Boutique Hotel Limerickis the ideal location for dining in Limerick.What you will find is a very relaxed and informal approach to dining in style. The restaurant area is beautifully welcoming to all with open arms. Whether you are looking for an intimate setting, somewhere to entertain work colleagues or simply dining out with your friends, George has it all with window tables to watch the world go by or secluded booths for true romantics. “It’s such things that keep people coming back time after time” says the well established and friendly George team.Accompanied by a small but beautiful selection of new World wines there is always something to suit every taste & budget.
Cork
“Stag Night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

Enjoyed the stay in the hotel. Food was lovely, staff very nice and friendly. Convenient as in the centre of Limerick and short walks to bars and nightclubs around. Service was good.

Visited August 2012
The George Bout... H, General Manager at George's Bar & Kitchen, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to fill in a comment on your Stay at the George Boutique Hotel, Limerick City.

The team are constantly striving to improve our guest’s experience and it really encourages them when we get good feedback so thanks a million, it’s great for team building.

Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon.

Kind Regards

Altaf Khan

“Had birthday dinner in the restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

Our family had dinner in the restaurant for my mother in laws birthday we were very well looked after by the manager Tony Tynne. The food was exellent as always a very extensive menu with something for everyone. The portions are generous, some of us didn't have room for dessert

1 Thank Sydney19930
The George Bout... H, Manager at George's Bar & Kitchen, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your meal with us at the gBK Restaurant in The George Boutique Hotel, Limerick City. It’s great to hear when we hit it spot on, our team will be delighted to see your comments.

I hope that due to your positive experience we will be able to welcome you back to The gBK Restaurant in the very near future.

Limerick, Ireland
“Will definitely be back for more”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

Ate at this restaurant on Sat 28th of JUly 2012. I am not normally the type of person to write reviews on dining experiences, but due to a combination of incredible service and fine food here I am (",)........ From the second we stepped inside the restaurant we were made feel so welcome it was like eating out at a good friends house but with ambiance of a stylish modern eaterie one might encounter in some of the finest food regions of Europe. The waiting staff were not only friendly and courteous but they were engaging and very welcoming separting themselves from the clinical aspect one might associate with a restaurant of this quality.
For starter I had the Coriander marinated King Prawn salad and my partner had the Atlantic seafood chowder both were some of the freshest seafood dishes we ever tasted. For main I had the Sirloin steak cooked medium which melted in my mouth, My partner spurred on by the excellend seafood starter stayed with seafood and chose the salmon and yet again was bowled over by the moistness and freshness of it.
For dester we shared a death by chiocolate fearing that it woudl be too rich as previously encountered in other establishments but we were both for a finish fighting over who got to lick the plate ( she won of course)
I genuinely could not find fault with this restaurant on the night we went to it and will most definitely be going back there again, I have recommended it to all my friends too and when the see the excitement in my face when I'm pretty serious (",) Also the location is fantastic on the main street in Limerick allowing yourself loads of other optioons after your meal.... which we took advanatge of, but not before having some seriously funky cocktails in The George Boutique which in itself exudes a certain blend of style not found in many other bars (",)
Me and my partner are already planning our next trip back here on my birthday in 3 weeks time... can't wait !!!

• Visited July 2012

Ennis, Ireland
“Excellent Food, Menu choice and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

We had 4 excellent meals, excellent selection with KCal listing on menus which makes it very intersting and informative!!
Food quality was excellent for dinner and breakfast as was service. It really was service with a smile. Excellent value

Visited July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your meal with us at the gBK Restaurant in The George Boutique Hotel, Limerick City & we look forward to welcoming you back to The gBK Restaurant in the very near future.

Dublin, Ireland
“great food apart from breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

Cheaply priced good food their portion size was very generous also

Visited April 2012