“Great food and service in Limerick”

The Curragower Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 304 Restaurants in Limerick
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Limerick, Ireland
“Great food and service in Limerick”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I would highly recommend visiting the Curragower if visiting Limerick, especially if you are visiting the Treaty Stone and King John's Castle. The food here I can highly recommend, it has become a favorite of mine to visit almost weekly, my Saturday treat. The staff are super friendly. On a nice day it is fab to sit in the veranda and look out onto the water, especially when the rowers are out and about. The guiness is great here too by the way. They serve the best seafood chowder ever. Not at all pricey, very good prices. There is parking places beside this pub which I would recommend using. They also serve some very interesting beers from around the world. I could go on but I will leave it there... So well deserving of a visit, food great.

Ansbach, Germany
“Decent Food”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We were there on the first warm evening of the year and there was an International soccer match on TV also. Therefore I am not sure if it was a typical crowd for a Wednesday night but it was quite busy. It is not a huge pub but the outside seating on the veranda and adjacent to the parking lot helps. We sat outside on the front which had a great view of the river and the castle. I had fish and chips which tasted good and it was a decent size helping. The beer selection on draft is the usual fare plus they have Blue Moon. Overall I spent around 30 Euros for the food and 3 beers. The only real negative I saw was that our waiter/server was struggling. Forgetting orders etc. He was replaced after the first hour.

“A regular spot for us”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We(my Son and my GF) viit this place at least once a month for a relaxing brunch before a day around town.
The Chowder here is amongst the best I've ever had anywhere and is well worth a try.
I myself am a big fan of the Eggs benedict and the kitchen sink.
The food here is in general of an excellent standard for pub grub, and the service is always great.
The servers always have a little bit of chat and are attentive.
I also like to hit this bar when socializing without the kids too.
A great bar, with a lovely riverside terrace\smoking area, great pints ;) and often a nice bit of live music too.
Well worth a visit for locals and tourists alike.

Nantwich, United Kingdom
“chance internet research reaped a rewarding experience”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

First time in Limerick - check. Time to visit town and find somewhere for dinner - check. Quick check on internet - check. First suggestion looked feasible, so jumped in taxi with husband and set off into town. Small diversion spent admiring castle and visiting first authentic Irish pub whilst working out where the hell we were. Found map and also scrap of paper with name of pub/restuarant - small domestic as we retraced steps across river but views were magnificent even in hailstorm. Curragower Seafood Bar is a small, pretty building overlooking riverfront. Inside is cosy and unpretentious, with welcoming and friendly staff, and a lively clientele of all ages. Background music is low key and bluesy .Menu is small - but perfectly formed. We shared mussels in herb and garlic sauce as a starter, my seafood and fish pie was stuffed full of the freshest salmon and Irish prawns and came with a beautiful salad. Husband manfully tackled the sharing platter of prawns, sausages, black and white pudding and chips with cracked black pepper on his own. Having survived thus far we felt it only right to try the puddings, three on offer, I had the red velvet cake which was warm, red and delicious but husband's rasberry and honeycomb fool was an absolute triumph. Coffees to finish were generous in size and fkavour. Thouroughly recommended as a place to try - but you'll need to be quick to beat the locals.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Welshdeuk
Cork, Ireland
“Best place in Limerick for a pint!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Fantastic pub! Great welcome - and a wonderful relaxed atmosphere for food and drinks... Not to be missed when in Limerick...

• Visited April 2013