“Amazing food, amazing service - best dining experience to date”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Cornstore

The Cornstore
Ranked #5 of 298 Restaurants in Limerick
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The Cornstore Restaurant Limerick is situated in the heart of Limerick City, on Thomas Street. As one of Limerick's best restaurants, we offer a casual, warm and lively dining experience in a Manhattan style setting, complete with a unique wine and cocktail bar. Specialising in seafood and steak, the restaurant works on the ethos of "quality food sourced locally".
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Amazing food, amazing service - best dining experience to date”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

As a representative for the Belfast Telegraph I was awarded the opportunity to visit Limerick in order to cover the ongoing events for City of Culture 2014.
I must say this restaurant was by far the highlight of both myself and my guest's trip, and possibly even the best dining experience I have ever had.
Simply stunning food at decent prices - with an incredible value-for-money three-course dinner at the time of our trip. This was in addition to particular attention to detail by management, who themselves helped me pick the best wine to accompany my meal choice.
Indeed, customer-service - particularly by management - was unparalleled to anything I have experienced before. Whilst they were extremely friendly and attentive and at ease making conversation, they also possessed that hard-to-find perfect balance of giving us the appropriate space where we felt we could still enjoy our meal whilst enjoying intermittent great conversations with the excellent staff.
I strongly reccomend the: Tiger Prawn Pil Pil as a starter. This is simply divine - the nicest thing both my guest and I have had the pleasure to enjoy in a restaurant.
Meanwhile, the steak and sticky toffee pudding are also simply divine.
For a fantastic atmosphere, amazing customer service (again, the best we have ever experienced), and simply exquisite food, if you are going for dinner Anywhere in Limerick - make sure it is at this restaurant!

• Visited March 2014

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Meal, Excellent Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

Three colleagues and myself dined at this restaurant after an all-day meeting. Emanuel, the General Manager, was extremely nice and found us a table on a busy night despite not having a reservation.

I ordered the filet with lobster and it was well-prepared and quite good. I did not try anything on their extensive cocktail list, but I did manage to find an excellent wine to pair with the steak.

It was a great evening with excellent, cordial service and a nice buzz to the restaurant that was honestly unexpected.

Limerick, Ireland
“Has to be the worst meal i have ever eaten”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

I am writing this review with regret , I have travelled all over Ireland and have eaten in hundreds of restaurants and I have to say this has to be the worst meal I have ever received. I booked a group of 10 people that travelled from northern Ireland , I booked due to the good reviews this place got , all my guests did not finish there starters and all did not eat there main courses . I was so disappointed and felt so bad for my guests , I had to buy a takeaway on way home to feed my Guests it was so embarrassing , on the day I did not complain as I was in shock that the food could be so so bad , I have to say the staff where very nice and fast .I would recommend the owners of this place to have secret eaters report back to them on how the food really is .
Thanks Jason.

3 Thank limerickeater2014
Chris O, Operations Manager at The Cornstore, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Dear limerickeater2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our establishment. We are most disappointed that your experience was not up to the standards which we strive for here on a daily basis.

We are not aware of when your group dined with us but would love for you to contact us directly so we can discuss your issues on the night and as always strive to improve our product.

You can contact us at limerick@cornstore.com and we will be happy to contact you directly.

Look forward to hearing from you and hopefully you will dine with us again in the near future.

Best wishes from all here at The Cornstore.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great dinner - good for groups”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

We took a group of 12 people to Cornstone while in Limerick... the staff was attentive, good was good and the service was great for such a large group.

Several people ordered steaks, all were cooked at the right temperature (not easy with a large group). Good wine list as well as a full bar.

Visited May 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

Everything about this restaurant was fantastic.
The service, the food, the atmosphere, the lighting....

We arrived cold and damp at about 9pm, there was no rush on anything and we felt really relaxed straight away even though I was worried it was late to be arriving.
We both had a full seafood menu, starter and main course and not were really nice. Good choice of wines to compliment the meal also.

The dessert menu was again extensive (but not too much to choose from) and there was a good selection of cocktails or after dinner coffees (Irish, French etc) for those who had already over indulged on the food.

I found the atmosphere really nice, it was at all times relaxed, the staff were friendly and set up of the tables/lights/candles just made the place look really lovely.

The outdoor smoking area was heated and provided blankets for those extra chilly evenings.
As we were leaving there was a band playing and the place seemed to be a good option to stay for some local music and a chat if you liked.

I would highly recommend this restaurant.