“delicious food”
Review of The Cornstore

The Cornstore
Reserve with OpenTable
The Cornstore is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 322 Restaurants in Limerick
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The Cornstore Restaurant Limerick is situated in the heart of Limerick City, on Thomas Street. As one of Limerick's best restaurants, we offer a casual, warm and lively dining experience in a Manhattan style setting, complete with a unique wine and cocktail bar. Specialising in seafood and steak, the restaurant works on the ethos of "quality food sourced locally".
Reviewed February 27, 2013

girls night out...on valentines night but the staff were very accommodating. most of us got the value meal for 35euro which was on the higher end of the scale for poor students but the food really was delicious. lovely atmosphere in the restaurant and the staff were very pleasant and friendly. Would definitely recommend this restaurant for a romantic meal out for two or for groups.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,232)

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I had heard a lot about the Cornstore and mostly good things being honest. When I ate there though I couldn't see what the hype was about. Yes the restaurant is nice and the menu good too. But I just found the food a bit bland for my taste buds, I had the wings to start and the salmon as main. Wings were good, salmon was ok. I liked the restaurant but thought it was over sold to me.

2  Thank Owen L
Reviewed February 26, 2013

i used to love the cornstore but on the last three occasions ive been utterly disappointed. rude staff,small portions, bad quality products, overpriced. i wont be back again!

2  Thank Limericklady1985
Chris O, Operations Manager at The Cornstore, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear marymidwife

Thank you for taking the time to review our establishment. However we are very disappointed that your most recent experiences did not meet your expectations and certainly did not reach the standards we strive for here on a daily basis.

Your comment on rude staff particularly concerns us, as we place a great emphasis on staff training and encouraging them to always make the customer feel welcome & valued.

We would love to discuss further your other comments and what you believe has changed in your recent visits.

Please don't hesitate to contact us directly, as we would love the opportunity to serve you again and assure you of our continued commitment to the highest level of customer service.

Kind regards

Management & Staff

The Cornstore Limerick

Reviewed February 18, 2013

very tasty food, the starter and desert was plentiful, but the main a bit disappointing, but the cocktails made up for it. Lovely for a birthday treat.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I decided to visit the cornstore for valentines day this year with my girlfriend. Having arrived early, we had some cocktails at the bar. I'm more of a beer man but the mojito I had was great and quite strong! Onto the meal which was a set menu costing about 35 euro. I opted for the prawn pil pil and slow roasted pork belly with sauerkraut, potato and walnuts which were both excellent! I couldn't say a bad word about it really. The dessert was apple crumble. Tasty stuff. I was a bit unsure about paying 36 euro for a bottle of wine I could get for a tenner if it wasnt a restaurant but it is my favourite wine and it was valentines so I went for it anyway. The staff were very attentive and nice, even though the place was packed!

Overall good experience. I'd recommend it to anyone.

1  Thank John S