“Great value”
Review of Firefly Steakhouse - CLOSED

Firefly Steakhouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: As one of the city’s newly established restaurants the Firefly Bistro has a lot to offer those who grace its illuminated threshold.Overlooking the Abbey River, it is the perfect spot to stop and enjoy Limerick at its finest. Its modern interior is warm and inviting, boasting the stencilling art of Banksy on the wallsJust like its sister restaurant The Red Onion Brasserie the chefs at the Firefly are creative and innovative with food, illustrating just how possible it is to experience refined dining at austerity busting prices.A haven for any diner, the Firefly has an extensive menu that caters for all tastes and dietary requirements. So if you’re looking for something new the Firefly Bistro will not disappoint. Its signature dishes from our Surf ‘n’ Turf platter to our homemade ice creams will be the topping to that perfect night out.
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Great value especially the early bird menu and the staff are very attentive and friendly. I had the scampi for starter and the chicken for mains, very tasty and certainly did not leave hungry! Well worth a visit. I'll be back :)

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Unpretentious restaurant with lovely food - a good mix of options. Starter of Scallop and chorizo salad was lovely, ribeye steak with home cooked fries and a honey and cider sauce main course was delicious. Inventive dessert of upsidedown cheesecake! Yummy! Really enjoyed our meal and will be returning!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

having read some of the previous reviews I am outraged at some of the most negative comments i have ever read. I know these restauranters by reputation only and i have to say they have come under some harsh critisisms.

They took over a struggling restaurant who left behind a great deal of debts and un-honoured vouchers and offered some fantastic deals to those who were left cheated.

They initially concentrated on getting the place established with their food before they concerned themselves with the decor or marketing of this business.

Now that the buiness has been re-branded and these talented chefs have made their mark, this is an opportunity not to be missed. This is what you call food at its best.

There is something to suit every taste and the prices are exceptionally reasonable. But the ultimate challange is deciding on which mouthwatering/hearts desire dessert should be consumed and not to be shared.

This is a restaurant for all ages and tastes - very worthwhile a visit!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

After a long drive home from work in Dublin my wife announced that she had purchased a voucher for the Restaurant and that we were booked in for 7:30pm. Having not eaten all day I was looking forward to the meal, but my suspicions were raised upon arrival when the waitress, on handing us the Menu's announced "you have a voucher yes?" (one of those deals purchased online, which my wife obviously quoted when booking the table). From that moment on I felt that we may not be getting the "full" service, and I think I was right. We were told to pick from a limited number of items on the menu, which was ok, but when the food came the portions were "light" to say the least. I ordered their FIrefly Sirloin Steak, which came with a small bucket of chips and a little portion of garlic butter. That was it.

At that stage, with tiredness setting in and hunger growing, I just got stuck into the food. My first thoughts were that this isn't too hot, not cold, but certainly not hot. And as I ate I realised that by the time I finished this was going to be very cold. But hunger took over, and I was right. By the time I was half way through the food was cold.

The guy at the table next to me ordered the same, and gave his back, only to have it returned (re-heated) and in the end he left it there. Quoting the "voucher" treatment under his breath.

While Living Social/Groupon vouchers can eat into the Margin of your business, they are a perfect opportunity to make a first impression on potential new clients. But so many businesses treat people as second class citizens when they arrive with one.

You don't get a second chance to make a first impression, so unfortunately (for the Firefly Steakhouse) I will not be coming back as my first impression was a very poor one.

To add insult to injury - 24hours later, as we ate a take-away with friends, my wife received a message from Firefly via facebook confirming our reservation for that evening. When she replied and said - that was a request for yesterday, "we've been and gone" it showed me just how disorganised the operation is. Pity - it had potential.

1  Thank EoinOS
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have been to the Firefly twice in the last few weeks, once as a couple and the other time as a group of 9. The menus offer great value, we went for the early bird both times. The starters we had were chicken wings, soup, loaded potato skins and muscles. I would definitely recommend the chicken wings- very tasty. The main courses had were the burger, cajun salmon, pork belly, parmesan pasta with chicken and bacon and the medallions of beef. Everyone was very happy with their main course and nothing was left on our plates. The desserts we went for were upside down marshmallow and chocolate cheese cake, sticky toffee pudding and ice cream selections- again all our bowls were cleared. The staff were lovely on both occasions and friendly. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone and I will definitely be going back again.