“Very good food”
Review of Firefly Steakhouse - CLOSED

Firefly Steakhouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: As one of the city’s newly established restaurants the Firefly Bistro has a lot to offer those who grace its illuminated threshold.Overlooking the Abbey River, it is the perfect spot to stop and enjoy Limerick at its finest. Its modern interior is warm and inviting, boasting the stencilling art of Banksy on the wallsJust like its sister restaurant The Red Onion Brasserie the chefs at the Firefly are creative and innovative with food, illustrating just how possible it is to experience refined dining at austerity busting prices.A haven for any diner, the Firefly has an extensive menu that caters for all tastes and dietary requirements. So if you’re looking for something new the Firefly Bistro will not disappoint. Its signature dishes from our Surf ‘n’ Turf platter to our homemade ice creams will be the topping to that perfect night out.
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I went her with my wife for dinner. The starter was excellent and both venison and steaks were very well cooked. The price was fair and staff friendly. We would recommend to anyone

Reviewed December 11, 2012

For an intimate restaurant with great food and friendly staff you wont find better while in Limerick.
Located in a scenic setting. The 4 course menu is €35.00 on a week night and €40.00 at the weekend. When we have visitors staying, this is the restaurant we'd always take them to.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Had four course dinner here to celebrate a birthday. Advised staff in advance of the special occasion and reminded them twice while dining to make a little fuss at dessert time. They were so busy they overlooked it and we were disappointed. Otherwise staff were extremely friendly and charming. The food was very overpriced for what we received. Vegetarian dish €20, three scoops of very ordinary ice-cream €7? Come on! I thought we were in a recession? Sticky toffee pudding should be sticky inside and not just a muffin covered in toffee sauce.Side salad with main dish was not offered but roast veggies were tasty.

1  Thank bridinban
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Myself and my husband eat in The River Bistro at the weekend, I myself had eaten here before and have to say was extremely happy with service and food so was so looking forward to eating here with my husband. We had our table booked for 8pm and at this stage one of the starters had run out of (only one my husband would have chosen). We then choose the Goats Cheese and The Black Pudding for starters Sea Bass and Fillet Steak for mains. Ordered our wine. Starters arrived out had to then ask for our wine this arrived half way through starters and wasn't chilled. Had to ask for salt cellar on table not working and then for water for the table. Starters were lovely. Between starter and mains we were offered our bread refuse this at that stage. Mains arrived Sea Bass was beautiful but the Steak was not up to scratch it was veiny and chewy not what a Fillet Steak should be very disappointing. I feel also 35e is alittle on the expensive side for what we received.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Attended this restaurant on a grey wet evening in Limerick having received a deal on Groupon for two 4 course meals for €35. Having skipped through a flooded road outside the restaurant we were met by a very welcoming staff member at the door. Having been seated at a window seat overlooking the Shannon I ordered a delicious prawn risotto served with a Parmesan cRisp, this was beautifully seasoned and I was left wanting more, my partner ordered the Goat's cheese and beetroot spring roll and even though he enjoyed it he wished he ordered my risotto. Mains did not disappoint with sea bass and duck veery much enjoyed. For desert we had a cheese board with great Irish cheeses and creme brûlée as it should be cooked with a crispy top. Full flavored coffee topped off the evening. One downside if we did not get this deal despite the service and calibre of food €35 euro is slightly too much per person in this climate and it would be the only deterrent in a decision to return