“Exquisite Dining Experience, a Real Treat.”
Review of The French Table

The French Table
Ranked #2 of 314 Restaurants in Limerick
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Authentic French cuisine in a relaxed setting overlooking the River Shannon
Reviewed February 11, 2014

If you are looking for a restaurant to celebrate a special occasion, or you are tired of the typical menus and want to try something new and delicious, you have to visit this restaurant. We visited the French Table on Sunday evening, and it cannot be denied that this place is top class. We had tried to make a booking on Saturday afternoon for dinner on Saturday night, but there was no availability so be sure to book in advance to avoid disappointment! In fact, it worked out quite well for us since the restaurant was wonderfully calm and relaxed on Sunday evening which added to the overall enjoyment of the evening.
Firstly, the setting is something special. It felt as though we had been transported from Limerick city, being seated beside the glass front looking out across the river with a view of the pretty lights on Shannon Bridge.
The food was amazing! I opted for the specials. For starter I had duck tartare which was served with baby gherkins and small salad. Delish! My main course was also from the specials list- Slow cooked beef in red wine gravy. I am not a big beef eater but this sounded so enticing I had to try it, and was I happy! It was easily the best beef I have ever eaten. My dining partner chose fois gras to start with which was equally as delicious as my tartare. The fois gras melted in your mouth, and was served with lightly toasted brioche. He then chose rabbit for main course. I was a bit scared of this one as I had never tasted rabbit before but it was fantastic.
We had been recommended to visit the French Table by friends and family who sang it's praises but mentioned that the portions weren't overly big. I mention this only to eliminate any doubt- the portions are not AT ALL small, and actually we were so stuffed that we didn't even have room for dessert! Also the waitress did offer us extra portions of potatoes and vegetables half way through our meal - an offer which we could not accept because our bellies were already full with the tasty warm bread basket!
Overall the meal was fantastic, the service was great, the setting was beautiful, and all washed down nicely with a glass of Colombard! Will be returning. Thank you French Table - Keep up the good work!
From a grateful and satisfied customer.

1  Thank livingiseating
There are newer reviews for The French Table

Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Had a really enjoyable meal at The French Table recently. Everything from the welcome to the food & wine was simply perfect. Keep up the good work guys! Excellent restaurant....

1  Thank MPOB
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I've been to the French Table numerous times, including for three university graduations and I have never had a bad experience. From the reasonably priced set menu to the varied a lá carte and great wine list, on the food front it's a winner. It's authenic french food cooked to perfection. The staff are lovely and very helpful and it's nice to meet the owner when he comes out of the kitchen to check on his customers. The atmosphere is always great, even on a quiet night, I cannot recommend this place highly enough - I've convinced enough of my friends that it's fantastic!

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Love the food. Have eaten here several times and food is always excellent for lunch and dinner. Good service and lovely atmosphere.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Had lunch here during the week and have to commend the chef. Beautiful fresh bream was fish of the day. Good selection of starters on the lunch menu which is great value at €16. Well presented food and perfectly cooked veg. Looking forward to trying dinner here soon.