“Luxuriously satisfying”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The French Table

The French Table
Ranked #1 of 298 Restaurants in Limerick
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Authentic French cuisine in a relaxed setting overlooking the River Shannon
Limerick, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Luxuriously satisfying”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2011

I ate here on a rainy tuesday evening in october, but still, sitting by the windows looking out over the shannon was pretty nice. Service was informed, polished and friendly :) I had the goats cheese tartlet to start, and the fantastically tender 'Seven hour shoulder of lamb' as my main course... It was a finely cooked meal, the meat was like thick jelly in a very very good way! I'd definitely like to return and be able to sample the wines, the list seemed impressive.
Only change I could suggest would be to add table cloths to glam up the place a bit, the wood on it's own is a bit bland looking and loud sounding with cutlery knocking about, but that is a ridiculously minor point.

• Visited October 2011

limerick
“Excellent Excellent Great Food and a Good Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2011

We rang the Restaurant Friday afternoon , for a table on Friday at 6 p.m. , no problem
As usual the food was of the highest quality , with just the correct amount of food on the plate perfect , could not ask for more .
We love going to this Restaurant because you can always be sure of the quality of the
Restaurant and the food .
Will be going back again soon .Brillant

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank MagnaCruz2
Limerick, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“nice restaurant and food quite good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2011

Have been here a few times and always enjoy, nice restaurant, pleasant staff and food always good. A little pricey in this climate though. But will return again. Well done to all at french table.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank smith_5454
“Pleased even the fussy one :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2011

I am blessed with a very fussy and hard to please man when it comes to food and eating out.
I had read the reviews of French Table on here and saw that they offered a great early bird menu so we headed there from work one night.
I was in jeans and casual wear (not the usual attire for this eatery) but the staff were second to none.
Lovely bread and home cooked crisps while we ordered. Starter I had a salmon dish and himself a salad. The salad was beautiful, the salmon was lovely but there was a lot of lemon and for my personal taste it was a bit tart.
For main I had chicken and ham in a filo pastry with red wine jus. So filling and lovely veg on the side. He had a steak and is still going on about it! When we have visitors next we will definitely be going back.
Desert was lovely to, ice cream and then I had a mousse.
Great service, when the restaurant filled I wished I had changed my outfit but still the food was great.

• Visited July 2011
2 Thank WadeDunne
limerick
“Very nice restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2011

Ate here over the weekend. Food was very nice. Its my second time in here and both times have been very good. Choc mousse best ive ever tasted.... A meal here is not to be missed