“What an amazing gem in Limerick City Centre!!!”

No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Newmarket-on-Fergus, Ireland
“What an amazing gem in Limerick City Centre!!!”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Recently stayed in No. 1 Pery Square for an overnight stay with dinner in Brasserie One and treatments in the spa the day after.

Stayed in the Vanderkiste Suite and it was more than we could have imagined, the room had great space, furniture and fittings. What an amazing bed!! The bathroom is also spacious with shower, freestanding bath and double sink.

We spent a very relaxing evening before dinner in the thermal suite in the spa, it is sensational!! Dinner in Brasserie One was exceptional value for the food we had. A beautiful 3 course meal, excellently presented and cooked, I will definitely be back again!! Definite value for money!! Breakfast the following morning offered great selection of cold & hot food & drinks. Service again was great.

A visit to the Spa finished off the time away just perfectly. The Spa & treatment space is perfect, the therapists & treatments cannot be faulted either. So relaxing yet its in the heart of the city.

Every part of the hotel was clean and well presented and all staff were a pleasure on every occasion. Highly recommend the hotel, brasserie and spa. Checking out was tough, we really did not want to leave. Everything about No. 1 Pery Square makes us want to go back again & we happily recommend the hotel for accommodation, food & for the Spa.

Thank you to Patricia and all her staff for making us feel welcome & that little bit special.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Food1wine, Owner at No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Oh a big thank you from all the team @ No1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Dungarvan, Ireland
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We stayed at No. 1 for the first time recently and will definately stay again. The hotel has held onto the charm of its Georgain roots and has a wonderful location in the heart of Limerick. The staff are a great combination of easy going but yet efficient. Top marks to everyone and especially to Kathleen in the dining room. The period rooms, where we stayed, were spacious and had lovely comfortable beds with a good nights sleep guaranteed. I think a longer stay is called for next time round!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
We are lucky to be situated in the charming georgian quarter of the city centre, thank you for your lovely comments
Moate, Ireland
Reviewed March 14, 2014

My husband organised a surprise trip to No.1 Pery Square for a much needed relaxing weekend away. What an amazing surprise it was! The staff were exceptionally welcoming and attentive from the moment we arrived. Our room was amazing with the most tasteful decor I have seen in any hotel I have stayed. Cozy,comfortable beds and a trip to the spa helped make it one of the most relaxing city breaks I have had in some time.
Last but my no means least - the restaurant. The staff, menu choice, food and wine was absolutely top class. The breakfasts are all made to order which is really special on a weekend away (Eggs Benedict is a must have!), Keep up the exceptional work all!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Be sure to call us for best rates direct next time...00 353 61 402402
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed March 11, 2014

My husband and I stayed here Valentines night and I just didn't want to leave...the room was beautiful and so comfortable, the staff were so friendly and helpful and the breakfast was devine...I only wish we had booked in for two nights as I just didn't want to leave!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Delighted you had such a relaxing time...hope to welcome you back again
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I just did a speed test on the wifi in the restaurant. I used speediest.net for the test. The results were: 44Mbps download, 15Mbps upload. That's very good, in my experience, for a public connection. Well done 1 Pery Sq.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
we now recognise fast wifi is as important as a great shower if not more!!!! see you soon
Ennis, Ireland
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I decided to bring my wife to No 1 Pery Square as a surprise night away and wasn't sure what to expect. From the moment we set foot on the steps of Pery Square, we were treated like gold. I do a lot of travel, mostly on business and stay in fine hotels all over the world. Pery Square is different - the staff really want to get to know you, without prying so that they can ensure that your stay is extraordinary. I was able to park my car directly outside the hotel with no long walks with bags. Even while checking in at reception we were offered tea/coffee or if we preferred they would drop it up to the room.The staff were more than helpful. We chose to stay in the period room at the top of the hotel and its a long climb of stairs but absolutely well worth the effort. The authentic period room ( I should say rooms as the bathroom was also luxurious), was more than spacious with dimmed lights for a relaxing atmosphere - open fire place, super king size bed and sash windows overlooking the famous peoples park.

We went to a local restaurant and later returned to hotel. There is a very friendly bar and like the other staff, the barman was friendly, jovial and entertaining. Atmosphere in bar was excellent.

Breakfast is on the first floor and the breakfast selection on offer was superb. As well as standard fare of 'Full Irish', you could have Eggs Benedict or much more. I selected the Kippers which is not on most breakfast menus and it was delicious.

From time to time in my travel, I sometimes forget to take my socks or shirt and invariably that is the last I see of them. My wife's jacket still hung in the wardrobe after we checked out. Later, Pery Square contacted me directly and offered to post the coat to my address at their suggestion. My wife drove back in as she wanted another opportunity to feel the relaxed and generous atmosphere of No. 1 Pery Square.

Value for money - exceptional. The room equaled what was presented on the website, the atmosphere was second to none, the staff make you feel that you are the most important person in the hotel (and you know the other patrons feel the same).

Lower your rate, enjoy the welcome - I can't wait until I can return

Room Tip: Lord Barrington Period room