“Val G ...... Timeout with "no pace" ....”

No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Just had a superb weekend here .. excellent , so enjoyable - big welcome, comfort especially the beds !, super food, lovely relaxing atmosphere, spa just wonderful for that well needed time out, but the one Real asset that this Hotel has is the Staff - at all levels, ... excellent in every possible way all willing to make our time there so special, and that we were special. Will be back .... and many thank you to all at No 1 Pery Square

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Food1wine, Owner at No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Thank you for choosing No 1 and your lovely words...time out is important !

Write a ReviewReviews (1,060)

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Other than the spa billing problem, No.1 Pery is a lovely hotel with the best towels and bath products. They were the best we encountered at all the 4 & 5 star hotels we visited in Ireland. I actually enjoyed taking the products with me and using them at the next two hotels. They were one of the few places that had conditioner and not a shampoo/conditioner in one. The towels were big, soft, and fluffy. Better towels than Ashford Castle. There was a problem with the shower above us which caused water to pour in from a light fixture in and there was a light out in the bathroom as well.

We stayed in the Pery room. While there is not a 4 poster bed in this room is was a great size for being in a larger city. Wifi did not work but super fast cellular 4G speeds.

The front desk gave us great advice on where to have dinner and went out of her way to make sure we were happy. On the web page it says they have hair straighteners you can borrow, but when I called down they did not have one available. The front desk girl offered to bring me hers in the morning. I told her no (I had my travel sized one), but how nice is it she offered! I don't know another place where someone would go above and beyond to offer their own personal hair straightener to a guest. I work for Walt Disney World and she is Disney material.

My only problem was with the spa management. I'm currently in a credit card dispute with the manager. I asked for one couples spa treatment and was accidentally booked for the more expensive treatment. I believe it was an accident and I asked for a 50 euro refund which is the price difference between the 2 treatments. The Manager said she was sorry for the confusion but would not be giving me a refund. So, after 22 emails back and forth I had to file a credit card dispute. The spa experience was great and the spa is beautiful but at the end of the day they messed up and wanted me to pay.

The back massage was wonderful, the room is very relaxing but you can here anyone walking down the hall. The sauna and steam room are quite nice and was a great way to relax after driving the Ring of Kerry.

Breakfast was quite good and the room was decorated nicely, I love their wooden floors. There was a problem with some of the orange juice being on the fermented side and they were very apologetic. At first the waiter was like, no the OJ is just different here with the pulp on the bottom. But we told him we were from central Florida and we know oranges. We all had a good laugh about Florida oranges being the best. Very nice guy.

Limerick has a beautiful downtown area and many restaurant choices. Sunset by the river was one of the best we saw on the trip. It's a great University town and was good to see some people closer to our age.

I hate to give a terrible rating to 1 Pery, but I feel people need to know my story. The spa is lovely but I feel really sad we could not work something out about the booking mistake.

Room Tip: Loved being in one of the period style rooms, worth the extra money. Parking can be difficult during...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank aWendybird

Hope you made it home well and thank you for coming to stay and your nice comments. We explained in detail the treatment you committed to on email and responded to with price and full detail . Having re send you all this back up we understood you were clear on your agreement with us. We cannot refund something that was agreed and availed off even with the threat of a bad review. I have to stand over our policies if we acted in the right . If we made a mistake I would have agreed the refund immediately . I understand you may have spend a little more than planned with the exchange rate etc...but we did provide the service which you clearly stated was wonderful during your time with us.
Yes, bad reviews are a threat to our business and it really disapoints me when its abused by the reviewer.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stayed one night at this fabulous hotel with my husband last week. Everything from the room,the decor,service and food was top notch. Our room had a lovely view looking out on the park across the street. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, i would go back and stay there in a minute!

Room Tip: Historical rooms
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

delighted you enjoyed your stay so much, hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for a weekend while attending a conference. What a surprise. From the moment of arrival, the atmosphere was set. The welcome at reception, the assistance bringing up the bag, and then the ROOM. WHAT A ROOM. The bed was huge. The room spotless. The decor was relaxing. We ate in the bar on arrival, and the food was second to none.The drinks werent bad either. Again the staff were more than helpful. We had dinner in the main dining room that night, and again we were in seventh heaven. I could happily eat my way through that menu, and start all over again. As the conference had an early start, the Hotel had arranged for the breakfast to start earlier than usual, to accomodate the delegates at the conference. The breakfast choice was superb, and all hot dishes were freshly cooked. Nothing was a problem to the staff.

Then we discovered the delights of the Spa. Once again, staff showed us around, and explained how all the different amenities worked. The Spa was a haven. Anyone looking for a break, or just wanting to be spoiled, should definitely look at this hotel, as you wont be disappointed.
. Well serviced by trains and buses, if you dont want to use the car.
Will take a return visit before too long.

Room Tip: I was on the fourth floor, and found no fault with anything. So I assume all the rooms are equally g...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Food1wine, Owner at No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2013

We should have got you to sign a secrecy contract! Thank you for your lovely review and we hope you will return soon. Some great summer escape packages coming up this summer. Thank you again, a pleasure to have you stay with us

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Can not describe how fantastic this hotel was! Just back from a two day break and had the most amazing time.
We were greeted on arrival by a wonderful man who parked our car, carried our bags to our room and gave us the history of the hotel.
At the spa, we were treated like King and Queen and had 3hrs of pampering for a great price of €120.
The bar was lively and the barman had plenty of tips for us for our stay in Limerick. He made us feel right at home, joking and laughing.
Grainne on reception was so happy to help and just an amazingly friendly member of the team.
The rooms are amazing, the staff are fantastic and we had such a wonderful time we are sending family down to experience it in May.
Will definitely be returning!

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you for your glowing words, our pleasure to look after you both and look forward to having you back to No 1

What a little gem!! Located in the Georgian quarter of Limerick City

From the moment we arrived at no.1 Pery Square , the staff could not do enough for us, from the warm welcome given to us by reception, to the bar and restaurant staff, and of course the spa therapists.

The hotel itself is unique and is full of character, and nothing is a problem for the staff. The rooms are lovely, themed after famous poets and and the beds are just like sleeping on clouds !!. The City Centre is a few minutes walk and the Frank Mc Court museum ( His old school), is just around the corner.

The spa is so peaceful, and facilities are lovely. We did not realise that there was no pool, but of course in hindsight, the hotel is an old Georgian building.

The only feedback I would have for improvement is to have tea and coffee making facilities in the room, and while water was supplied, there is nothing like throwing off your shoes and relaxing with a cup of tea after a day out (That is my mother talking!!!).

Well done to all Mary from Dublin

Room Tip: Ask for a room to the rear of the hotel. Looking at the back gardens of the lovely georgian building...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Delighted you had such a relaxing time with us. Our spa is wonderful and it was great you got time to enjoy the benefits. Quite often the benefits of the thermal spa on the body are underestimated. Hope to see you again one day soon

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Great place for somebody who wants to relax.small,beautifule designe,warm and cousy hotel. It's was very clean aswell.all the staff were super friendly and helpfull. Termal suite was very relaxing place to be.breakfast was lovely aswell. Couldn't say anything bad about our stay :)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your words, we are indeed unique and always great when its recognised. Hope to welcome you back soon