No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa
$135
$129
$202
Travelocity
Woodfield House Hotel(Limerick)(Great Value!)
$133
$192
getaroom.com
  • Restaurant
1,089 results
All reviewssash restaurantdrawing roomperiod roomsperry squaregeorgian quarterpeople's parkboutique hotelafternoon teathermal suitesconeseggs benedictsmall hotellimerick citybeautiful hotelfrom start to finishrelaxation roomnext morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I stayed with a friend in Pery square last week and really enjoyed our mini break.
The staff were excellent and we really enjoyed our spa treatments the morning after after a fairly late night out!
Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank shanley22
Reviewed May 11, 2012

This hotel is incredible. I've never had such a personal service anywhere- be it a hotel etc in a long long time.

It's very obvious that a monumental amount of care and attention has been put into this hotel and it shows. We had a club room and it was well appointed. Really comfortable bed and the shower was great.

Staff were very warm to us which made for a very intimate stay.

The breakfast was very tasty and plenty to choose from. Made for a great start to the day. The thermal suite was an experience in itself. I wish we had more time to languish there!

We will be back.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lookatmegoingby
Reviewed May 6, 2012

I want to live here.

Ok, so that would be much but seriously this place was magical. I can't believe I only stayed there for only one night. The experience felt like I was there for a great week! This place is full of chandeliers, tassels, plush furniture and golden frames which pronounced its graceful vintage atmosphere. I felt at peace and I felt at home (especially if I were a princess from back in the days).

There was a small staff there, which made it seem more intimate and warm; although I can see how some folks could lose their patience. I traveled here with my 9 year-old son and they treated us as though he were family. My son, who is often shy and distant towards strangers, felt the urge to say a proper good-bye and give hugs to the staff (especially Kathleen, who was so very sweet)! That should say a lot. The restaurant/bar was simple, sleek and delightful. It was the perfect introduction to the food in Ireland (which was very good from start to finish during my 4 day stay). We enjoyed lunch (burgers, fresh cut potatoes/fries and delicious pea soup) and also grand breakfast (buffet items and eggs/bacon to order). It was during breakfast that we discovered the extent of the hotel property, which to my surprise, extended rather far. The dining room, where they served breakfast, was as vintage-chic as the rooms and felt welcoming. It was very designed, but in a tasteful manner that matched with the theme of the hotel.

The bedroom was full of charm! The bathroom was a modern vintage that had a stand up shower as well as a full-length tub (I'm 6'1 and laid perfectly comfortable). The bed was absolutely comfortable and inviting...I could have spent the whole day in there. The location was also great, as it was located near the center of the city of Limerick and right across from a quaint park. We easily strolled through the city, along the Shannon River within an hour and saw plenty of options for restaurants and shops. There was even a private parking lot across the street!

Technicalities:

No radio in the room, an old school TV with 9 channels, and the free Wi-Fi is spotty in certain areas of the hotel (stronger on the first few floors)...but in a room and town like this, who needs to be "plugged in."

If you're looking for a centrally-located, serene and inviting experience in Limerick (where everything you need is in/around the place you stay) this is where you should be. I can't wait to get back to Limerick to stay here again! I was charmed by the city and No. 1 Perry had a lot to do with making it happen...

Room Tip: Our rooms (The Perry Room) was perfectly quiet, although you have to climb a few flights of stairs...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Food1wine, Owner at No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2012

Hope you made it home safe & sound and thank you for such a detailed review...The door at No 1 is always open to welcome you to your Limerick home. Best wishes Patricia

Reviewed May 5, 2012

After a lovely stroll in the park we decided to pop into No 1 for some tea and a little treat! The Park Room is lovely and there was a nice atmosphere but that is where the compliments finish. After reading the menu and waiting a few minutes we had to go to the bar to order as the staff were not very customer focused. I decided on the Roast Beef Salad Ciabatta, when it arrived I was less than impressed. I am not sure if the 2 leaves of rockett on the side were meant to be the accompaying salad but they should have left them off the plate if they were not going to dress them in some way. The ciabatta itself was ok but at €6 it was overpriced and very bland. All in all it was not the treat that we were hoping for.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LimerickTony

Thank you for making us aware of your experience, its a pity you didn't share it with us directly on the day so we could have ensured of your satisfaction. I am sorry to hear you felt the taste was bland but i do appreciate its not for everyone but even more disapointed to hear you felt it overpriced at €6 for a high quality Ciabatta with O' Loughlin's roast rib of beef and organic rocket...we simply could not offer it any better value than €6 without affecting the quality of the ingredients....I hope you will give us another try and hope we can please you next time but thank you for your feedback which has been taken constructively.

Reviewed May 5, 2012

We had a bit of a snafu upon arrival with our reservation, however the staff was more than gracious in taking care of the situation and making sure we were happy with the outcome. The breakfast was very good each day we were there. The views we had from the room were amazing.

We didn't get a chance to take advantage of the spa at all, due to the short duration of our stay, however I would highly recommend the hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for your nice review and taking the time to share your experience