“Exceptional for wine lovers, spa enthusiasts, and a romantic retreat”

No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Dublin
“Exceptional for wine lovers, spa enthusiasts, and a romantic retreat”
Reviewed April 30, 2012

My friend and I visited here for a spa weekend break - I was a little concerned visiting a city for a spa break rather than a country retreat but I can honestly say it was one of the best trips away I have ever had. We got a supervalu package so it was great value. The hotel is small, friendly, and completely different to any experience in a larger hotel - absolutely ideal for a spa with friends or for a romantic getaway. The decor is exquisite with great attention to every detail. The staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful. The spa is excellent - and treatment packages are very good value. True, there is no pool, but this means that if you want a grown up weekend, then chances are you will see very few children around ! Heaven when you are on a weekend away from them.

The food is excellent and the breakfast is not the usual large hotel fare - beautiful homemade offerings and granola which is out of this world.

But this hotel comes into its own if you enjoy good wine to go with good food. The lovely Juan's advice is second to none, and it is wonderful to see someone who can really advise you on wine according to your personal taste and at a reasonable price. He is a true wine lover. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough for a quiet weekend, with a couple of spa treatments, good food and exquisite wine.

Yes there are some negative comments in other reviews but you cannot compare this hotel to some larger hotels -(and I have visited a lot of them especially with my kids) - this is a completely different experience. And one I hope to repeat with my husband in the future having seen the couples spa area! I definitely aim to be back.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Filo1972
Food1wine, Owner at No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Thank you for such a detailed review and your special words to Juan...its great when great people get recognised by our customers and even better when you share your experience...thank you

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I stayed in Limerick for one night recently and stayed at No. 1 Pery Square, I just loved it, the staff were amazing, it was very classy, and I really enjoyed the food in the restaurant.
There is something special about this, and if when ever I go back to Limerick on business would stay here again.
It felt like my home away from home experience.

1 Thank Mary M
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My overnight stay in No.1 Pery Square was fabuluous from start to finish. The staff are wonderful and can't do enough for you. The bedroom was elegant and comfortable and had everything i needed. The meal in the restaurant was delicious, from the goats cheese and onion tartlet to the mouth watering braised beef... the food was better with every bite. I will defintalely go back to this hotel for business and pleasure.

1 Thank SineadH100
killarney
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Had the most amazing experience in No. 1 Pery Square last week. Went for a day trip with my husband & 3 children to Limerick in the height of a busy week in the city.Did a little!! shopping Popped to the Park for a run around with my boys and the day was complete with an amazing lunch in the Brasserie. Greeted by warm friendly staff, assisting us with our "double buggy" , which for us is sometimes unusual to get a warm greeting when entereing with two babies. But we were more than surprised. Had an amazing Chicken Caesar salad and my husband had smoked salmon on delicious homemade brown Bread and all the trimmings. The boys were needless to say tempted my the homemade cookies......

Very reasonable prices for excellant top class dining. We look forward to returning to experience an overnight stay on our next trip and will make good use of the very tempting Spa and more T.L.C.

I would highly recommend for both business & pleasure. Its quaint, personal and somewhat hidden away in the heart of the city. Fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lisaomeara
Wellingborough
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Arrived to really warm welcome from reception staff with a bit of banter about the poet whom our room was named after. Lovely touch at the end of our stay the receptionist had printed out information on him!
Room although a little small was very comfortable and the restaurant was very good indeed - food was excellent at dinner on both evenings as was the service and ambience and decor very relaxing. Breakfast on the first day provided a really good choice, (eggs benedict were superb) but strangely on the second day only full Irish was available as a cooked option. Tea making facilities in the rooms would be beneficial but the bar area provides hot beverages so not a huge problem. Everything about the hotel made our weekend very special - we will definitely be back!

Room Tip: I understand the period rooms are a little larger - go for one of those!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Just back from a very nice stay in 1 pery square. Staff were fantastic. So welcoming and friendly. Spa is wonderful - relaxing, soothing and massage I had was world class ( thanks rachel).

The rooms were very large and relaxing. We stayed in the Moore room which had an incredibly comfortable, if somewhat unusually short bed. My poor feet were dangling over the edge all night - but I am a very tall man. The shower could be best described as Katie Perry ( Hot and Cold ). It didn't like to maintain a consistant temperature and so went from mildly warm to scorching hot and back again But the bath was lovely.

We ate one meal in the restaurant and we found the food to be excellent as was the wine. However, some guests may feel a little aggrieved at having to pay for bread. It's only a little thing but most restaurants of this calibre would never charge guests for bread.

Breakfast was good. Home made granola was excellent but full Irish was not. It was simply far too greasy. The little pastries and scones made up for it though.

The decor throughout the hotel is nothing short of exquisite and it is a great location in limerick. Very central.

We would definitely return.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Flanagw2
Food1wine, Owner at No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 21, 2012
Delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay overall and thank you for your feedback we will certainly take it all on board. Hope you can come again soon & thank you for choosing NO 1
Reviewed April 14, 2012

We stayed here for one night for a mixture of business and relaxation and were wonderfully cared for from the moment we arrived. The bedroom was pretty and very comfortable, with a very generous bathroom.
We decided to dine there that evening, and were delighted we did. The food was delicious (ham hock terrine with citrus piccalilli was spectacular) and service and wine advice from Juan was impeccable. We were recommended some beautiful wines for our menu choices. They were so good we purchased a bottle when we checked out from the in house wine room.
Breakfast was also great; tempting buffet with our hot food cooked fresh.
I used the thermal suite while my poor husband had to work, and was very happy to steam, sauna and read in the relaxation room!
The staff in this hotel provide a faultless service. Everyone, from the time that we were welcomed at reception when we arrived (by Terri, I think) was friendly, thoughtful and happy to do whatever they could to help their guests. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
THank you for creating such a great review, hope to see you again soon