“True home away from home”

No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Limerick
Reviewed March 9, 2012

My mother, sister and I went on a one night girlie getaway to No. 1 Pery Square and from beginning to end it was great!

We began our day with early check in (swiftly arranged by phone call in advance of our visit) and then down to the spa to use the thermal suite. We all got treatments and they were absolutely heavenly with all girls being friendly and professional. As it was Tuesday the place was quiet enough for us to make use of the facilities by ourselves and we were left undisturbed to enjoy the thermal suite.

After our treatments we went back to our rooms where we were given a glass of bubbly each to enjoy. We were staying in the Penthouse and Stephens rooms which were situated on the top floor with views over the city and the park. The rooms were quiet and comfortable and the décor tasteful.

That evening we ate in the restaurant in the hotel and once we were seated the waiter patiently walked through the menu with us proficiently answering all questions we asked. The setting was intimate (and beautiful) and the food was divine.

We enjoyed a couple of drinks in the bar before going out and after coming back from our night out. The bar was lovely and the staff was genuinely interested in how our evening went.

After such a busy day we all slept really well in the very comfortable beds before going for breakfast in the morning. Kathleen served us breakfast and was keen to hear how our night had been and the service was fabulous.

The next day we were offered late checkout and use of the thermal spa which we couldn't avail of but we thoroughly enjoyed every moment of our stay in the hotel. All staff we met was just a pleasure to talk to and made what was already a very good stay into an amazing stay away. I loved my all too brief visit to No. 1 Pery Square and I look forward to returning soon. As I said to the staff when we were leaving it was like calling in to stay at a friend’s house with the warmth shown to us by all we met in the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Food1wine, Owner at No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other readers , delighted you enjoyed your time and hope to see you back in Limerick one day soon

Reviewed March 6, 2012

My wife & I came across to Limerick to celebrate my 50th birthday. From the moment we arrived at No. 1 Pery Square we were treated special. Everyone was super friendly and attentive. We loved our room (Lord Barrington) - large room, high ceiling, large bed, a fireplace with a candle - very romantic. Beautiful, modern bathroom and shower. Great view of the park. A nice, quiet location yet you can easily walk to all of the shops, pubs and restaurants. Brasserie One is a fantastic restaurant and they serve a great breakfast. We couldn't ask for a better getaway place to stay.

Room Tip: Some rooms don't have elevator ("lift") access, so you better make sure you ask about...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Delighted you enjoyed your stay with us so much, hope to see you again soon and maybe for longer next time

Reviewed March 5, 2012

Stayed here with 7 other women on a weekend away. The hotel is fabulous and
the food is outstanding. The Spa area was out of this world. The hotel is within walking
distance of the city. The rooms were immaculate and the hotel had a lovely homely feel about it.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Food1wine, General Manager at No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2012

THank you for the lovely words and we look forward to your return

Reviewed February 28, 2012

Over the last 4 years I have travelled all over Ireland with my work. I spend one to two nights in most hotels then move on, this is normally for a period of 3 months every year. So I think I am qualified enough to say that this Hotel is simply the friendliest place I have ever stopped . The staff at reception could not do enough for me and my collegue, the bar staff were excellent . The breakfast was superb and my strange request for just a sausage sandwich was met with a smile and a no problem. The larger Hotels need to take leaf out of this hotels books. Thanks for a great stop.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Colin B
Food1wine, Owner at No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 29, 2012

Thank you for you great comments on our staff, it really means a lot to hear such great feedback. Hope we can welcome you back again soon

Reviewed February 27, 2012

I was in Limerick with friends for only two days and I spent a very good stay. The hotel is very near the bus station that is very convenient. The hotel is quiet, in a good neighborhood and the staff is very nice, welcoming and helpful when needed.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for coming to say with us and we hope to see you back in Ireland one day soon, au reviour for now

Reviewed February 27, 2012

With friends, we have to pass at two nights in this hotel. It is situated in the center of Limerick and is close to bus stations. Rooms are very beautiful and the really typical decoration. Beds are very comfortable and the breakfasts, excellent. The staff was very welcoming and it was the very good experience which I deeply recommend!

Reviewed February 21, 2012

Could not recommend another hotel highly enough following the experience myself and my girlfriend shared while staying at No 1. Located in a beautiful Georgian neighbourhood, with a five minute stroll to the centre of the city it was perfect. We stayed in a beautiful period style room, which I have no doubt for the price of our stay was outstanding value. We had access to the spa which we availed of on numerous times to relax following a day of exploits. After sampling the breakfast which was on offer it was impossible not to book an evening reservation for dinner at the hotel’s restaurant which I promise will not disappoint. From start to finish our stay at this hotel and the welcome we received made a weekend getaway a memorable experience. Thank you all at No. 1.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MarkMelbourne186621
Food1wine, Owner at No. 1 Pery Square Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

Mr Melbourne, Thank you so much for your review and coming back to stay once again. We hope its not too long before we see you again. Delighted you got to use our spa on this occasion.