“IDEAL RESTAURANT FOR SUNDAY LUNCH IN LIMERICK”

Hamptons Bar & Grill Steakhouse
Ranked #10 of 319 Restaurants in Limerick
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Four of us went for Sunday lunch.
We had starters (al excellent) and for the Main Courses we had:
Half Duck
Knife and Fork Spare Ribs
Sirloin Steak and
Lemon Sole.
All were excellent, well cooked and very tasty.
The Deserts were good too.
With one glass of wine the bill came to 105 Euro, which I think is good value.
Top marks to the Hamptons.

1  Thank noelglee
Write a ReviewReviews (1,147)

Reviewed November 15, 2012

We got the Set menu for about €30- very reasonable price for great food. Very busy- liked the atmosphere. Service was very quick for all courses

Reviewed November 13, 2012

I liked this place the minute I descended down the stairs into warmth, muted lighting and plenty of shades of brown if I can recall correctly! We dined mid-week and the restaurant was busy but not full. Just the right ratio of staff to customers I should think. The first thing that struck me was the fact that they did not charge for sparkling water. I am good with tap water in a jug with ice but I do prefer gently carbonated water. It was nice to have this presented to the table as a courtesy. Nice touch! Other restaurants should take note. Hate paying over the odds for a bottle of fizzy H2O. Would prefer to upgrade the wine instead with the saving. Anyway, the menu was large and laminated in a US style but we opted for the smaller value menu which surprisingly also included ALL the items on the specials menu. Had a huge choice on the value menu as a result. The value menu was three courses for €25 if I remember correctly. We opted for the value menu with a bottle of Rioja and there was a saving there too. All three of us enjoyed our meals immensely and felt we had achieved really good value for money. But it is not all about saving money- the food is very good and the service is excellent. This is not fine dining nor is it pitched at that level but it is a superior city centre restaurant and it is likely to get repeat custom. It would be a great to meet friends for an evening as the menu is extensive, the food excellent, and the wine list is well priced.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Had the 3 course special at 6 o c . Attentive service but food was over cooked and had obviously not been cooked fresh. Ribs and fish cake tasted as if they had been sitting for a long time being kept warm...

Reviewed November 5, 2012

it was brilliant here for a meal. service was ok, food came out fast and hot. but as we having our tea, 3 times asked us, were we finished, and then sent manager dwn to leave, as they needed the table for another booking, NOT happy, only had 1hr and half for 4 course meal, rushed the group.