“Spice in the City”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed May 11, 2014

After much pub grub, we wanted something to spice up our stomachs and we needed a place that was open late. Our hotel concierge, after informing us with cocked brow how late it was, suggested a steak house or a Chinese place that stay open late in Limerick. Luckily, for us, we happened upon Mogul Emperor.

Indian food. We are used to getting it in the Bay Area. This was equally delicious for me. My boyfriend said it was the best he had eaten. A nice touch was the crisp roti served with chutney as a complimentary appetizer. We also enjoyed a vegetable samosa and dinner of minced lamb and pilau rice and though I cannot remember the name of my dish, it was chunked lamb with potatoes and apricots in a spicy curry. Our server spoke very little English but with the assistance of the person in charge, he said thank you to us many times- when he took our plates, when we asked for more water- words that are often used without much thought, but in his case, meant he was a little tentative and learning.

The dining room was beautifully decorated and it was dark and romantic. We sat by the window. My love ordered Cobra, an Indian beer, refreshing and sweet.

I recommend this place for late night dining with exciting food if you are looking for something other than the usual pub fare while in Limerick.

1  Thank LF0

Reviewed April 29, 2014

The Mogul is by far the best Indian in Limerick. I have never been disappointed, the food is always delicious and the staff are friendly. It is great value for money. I have yet to have better Indian food.

1  Thank Gillian S
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Went on a Monday evening on the recommendation of friends; warm welcome, super-attentive service. Ordered a main lamb dish called methi mali mas (spelling could be wrong!!) as suggested by said friend & was definitely not disappointed. My starter was a prawn mix with sweet chilli sauce; also delicious. My partner went for prawn curry on the advice of the waiter & loved it. Only criticism is that the rice, while delicious, was charged as an extra.

Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Just finished a takeaway from here, my partner and I never really liked Indian food, having only ever tried one other limerick restaurant, but I must say this was probably one of the best Saturday night takeaways we ever got.
The main man on the desk was so polite and professional, even offered us a complimentary drink as we had to wait 15 mins for our food since the place was so busy.
Our food tasted really fresh, it was so good neither of us spoke to each other while we were eating :-))
My only regret is I didn't try this place sooner, don't think we'll be getting Chinese takeaway anymore, it's Indian from here on in.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

We ordered a take away from here on Valentines night and were a little worried it may be cold since it was so busy, they advised us it would take 1.5hours but this is to be expected on such a night. They were kind enough to accommodate my request to make my king prawn tikka masala hot(spicey) where other indian restaurants have refused. It did arrive within the 1.5hours and was hot. It was one of the nicest take aways Indians we have had, Top marks!!!Just try it.