“Good but I have had better”
Review of Piccola Italia

Piccola Italia
Ranked #49 of 319 Restaurants in Limerick
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Went here on a Thursday evening with my son, we eat out quite a bit and we both love Italian. I haven't been to La Piccola in many years but it hasn't changed one bit. I had the Carbonara and my son had a chicken tagliatelle with white wine sauce. The ham in mine was a little overpowering and there was a large amount of oil at the end of my bowl which turned my stomach a little so I didn't finish it. In saying that the food was very pleasant and I would return. There was no one else in the restaurant at the time, the staff member who served us was very nice but the cook was eating their dinner in the restaurant at the same time as us which I thought was unprofessional. I would recommend an update in the seating and decor in the place as it is a little outdated and cramped.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

The restaurant was pretty busy with a really nice atmosphere. I had prawns with salad and bruchetta... it was delicious. The prawns in batter were really fresh, and the batter was so light. The service was both very friendly and very efficient. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

This was without a doubt the worst restaurant I have ever came across, from welcome to service to food and overall eating experience there is nothing good I could say about the Piccola. The table didn't fit our party and we were so cramped and squashed. The food was bad with poor quality of meat, cooked very badly from hot starters which were cold to main courses that were deep fried (seriously) and to finish it all off the desert was frozen solid (don't order the lemon tart) Oh! did I forget to mention they don't serve beer, don't waste your money terrible restaurant.
The staff in this restaurant were unfriendly rude and didn't serve the food but threw it on the table.

3  Thank jj161
Reviewed September 28, 2012

My wife and I ate here this evening, and it really was fab. We eat out a lot so you know good food when you get it and Piccola is one of the nicest Italians around for sure.
Price is very good also.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

We found this place while walking around the city and took a chance on it. It had a great little atmosphere and the staff were friendly and helpful. The food we had was great and they had a wide range of specials and the prices were very reasonable. Worth the visit.