“Munster Munch aka Fine Dining in Limerick”
Review of AZUR Restaurant

AZUR Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 319 Restaurants in Limerick
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Azur Restaurant Limerick, the best kept fine food secret in the city! Our modern restaurant offers classic European style cooking with dishes ranging from our signature Trio of Seafood and local Lamb Cannon to our succulent, juicy Steaks. Our intention here at Azur is to provide elegant, classic dishes with an inspired modern twist. A different special every day ensures our menu appeals to every palate. We are proud to say that all of our fish, meat and vegetables are locally sourced and delivered fresh, daily.Here in Azur we pride ourselves on a warm welcome, friendly service and relaxed atmosphere. Our young and energetic team strive to provide the highest standard of customer service and are happy to assist with any special requests.Our Early Bird menu is served every day from 5pm finishing at 7pm on Fridays, 6.30pm on Saturdays and available all evening Tuesday - Thursday and on Sundays. This menu offers a 3 course meal from only €19.95. The A la Carte menu is available all day, every day with a competitively priced three course set menu for only €29.95.
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I was over in Limerick from England to watch a Heineken Cup Rugby match between the local favourites Munster and top French side Racing Metro from Paris. Having arrived the day before the game, I met up with 3 lovely ladies that I know who had invited me out for Dinner.

We had an early booking at the restaurant, earlier than I would normally go for a meal but as I was the guest I went along with the old adage; When in Limerick do as the Londoners do....be a polite guest.

When we walked into the restaurant, I was immediately aware of the subtle aromas of good food wafting through the room. We all thoroughly enjoyed our meals. Not having been at that restaurant before, I did my usual and asked the waitress to chose for me, not to tell me, just surprise me and bring me something that would make me want to go back. After some discussion with the Chef, I was presented with a starter of Fresh Pan-seared Scallops, homemade blackpudding with bacon, fin herb butter sauce and a main course of Wicklow Venison, truffle & chive mash, red currant & blueberry game jus. Both courses were superb. I'm not a desert person but my friends' deserts I'm assured were very good, as was their starter and main courses.

The staff were knowledgeable, attentive without hovering, professional and exceptionally friendly. What could be more pleasant than to have fine food and wine with great company in a very welcoming and professional setting. I made the effort to personally thank the Chef afterwards, It was a very good meal and I shall return.

I look forward to having more meals in this establishment on future visits to Limerick,

1  Thank BMU91

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Went for lunch earlier and was extremely disappointed with the quality of food!! I had the bruschetta starter which was cold while my girlfriend had the chicken liver pâté which she found indelible. We both had the steaks which we ordered medium cooked. However both were unevely cooked half well done, half medium well. Also the steaks and potatoes were drenched in what was supposed to be pepper sauce but was more like watery gravy. The desserts were also poor, cheesecake was supposed to be homemade but the biscuit base was hard and tasted like it came out of the freezer. It was seriously overpriced as well, 56 euro for a lunch for two is extortion considering what was served up to us. We definitely won't be going back!

1  Thank Baz M
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stayed in Limerick recently and the receptionist recommended us trying this restaurant. We did and can honestly give it a 10 out of 10. The flavor of the food was just fantastic. The Staff were very attentive and had a lovely way with all the customers.
I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone, families, couples.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Love,love love this place! Had a beautiful 3 course dinner, great atmosphere and staff were excellent.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

For good food in nice surroundings in a scenic area of Limerick city you wont go far wrong. Their 3 course menu for €25.00 is good value.

1  Thank Kenjim