“best place to eat in limerick” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bobby Byrnes

Bobby Byrnes
Ranked #3 of 295 Restaurants in Limerick
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, European, Pub, Contemporary, Gastropub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Bobby Byrne's or "Bobby's" to the locals is located on the corner of O'Connell Avenue and Wolfe Tone Street in the heart of Limerick City. Established since 1963 we are steeped in tradition and full of character, and delighted to have celebrated 50 Years in business in 2013. Quaint and cosy with our open fire, slate floor and homely atmosphere our popularity is understandable. So if you enjoy some mouth watering home cooking, listening to some live traditional music, if your visiting family or friends or you simply want to enjoy the perfect pint, then why not pop in and savour the atmosphere. We offer a wide range of coffees, beer and our extensive menus begin at 8.30Am until 8.30Pm. Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner 7 days a week we cater for all food lovers. But by night when the lights are turned down, Bobby Byrne's has a private room which can turn into a great party venue. We can cater for groups from 20 to 120 with options of finger food to succulent bbq's.
Derry, United Kingdom
“best place to eat in limerick”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

Went here on 16th march 2014 the food was exceptional we had the Sunday carvery it was delicious could not fault a thing very large portions what we like would recommend this place to anyone if I'm back in limerick I will defo eat here again for sure compliments to the chef .beautiful

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Maura M, Director of Sales at Bobby Byrnes, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review Bobby Byrnes Bar. I have passed your compliments onto our Head Chef. I am delighted that you enjoyed your Sunday Lunch and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Limerick, Ireland
“Good food for a Sunday cavery!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

I tried out this place on the recommendations of family and friends. It was around lunch time on a Sunday and they were operating a self service at the time as of every other day of the week. I had stuffed Turkey and ham. Also available was roast beef and salmon. Vegetarians and celiacs were catered for. The Meat dish was very tasty. But the mashed potatoes and the vegetables sides were average. I had a blackberry type trifle for dessert which was of goods homemade quality. I bought a Potion of their bread and butter pudding from the food shop attached to the pub. That went down well when I ate for supper. I would like to try them out for their evening dinner service some time.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your recent review on the bar and we are delighted that you enjoyed our carvery lunch. On a Sunday we serve carvery from 12 to 4pm with a great variety of main courses.
I have passed your comments onto our head chef with regards to the vegetables and potatoes, it is only through feedback that we can improve on our offerings.
I am delighted that you enjoyed the home made desserts and thank you for popping into our Food Shop and picking up one for a treat later in the evening. We have our own Food To Go Range available in the shop with everything from soups, sides, main courses and delicious desserts, all available on a daily basis.
Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back one evening for dinner.
Limerick, Ireland
“Excellent food, atmosphere and staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

We came here as a family with the Groupon vouchers "2 mains with tea of coffee for €13" which is a brilliant offer. Food was delicious and so fresh even though it's carvery and the coffee was beautiful bean to cup as opposed to filter coffee I've gotten in some other establishments. We had the option of adding deserts but we physically couldn't the portion sizes are huge and remind me of a good "mammy Irish dinner ;)". Staff wise they were so attentive and so polite and efficient, I happen to be saying to my parents that I really liked the little caramelized biscuit that comes with the coffee and one of the waitress' brought down four more to the table for us, it's just these little things. Overall I cannot praise the food quality and service enough, I would highly recommend Bobby's.

1 Thank James R
Maura M, Director of Sales at Bobby Byrnes, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review Bobby Byrnes Bar, we appreciate all feedback.
From time to time we do offers with Groupon and Grabone, so we are delighted that you and your family were able to avail of it and enjoyed some of our homecooked food. You did miss out not trying some of our delicious homemade desserts, but perhaps next time. Thank you for the lovely comments on our customer service, we really do pride ourselves on offering a warm welcome and friendly service. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back to the bar in the future.
Limerick
“Outstanding Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

We decided to get a take-away breakfast in our office and someone suggested Bobby’s. I was amazed by the quality and the amount of food we got. It was also great value for money. We got 7 breakfasts and everyone licked their lips after it. It was a lovely treat. Look forward to having a sit down meal here at some stage.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Maura M, Director of Sales at Bobby Byrnes, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review Bobby Byrnes Bar.
We are delighted that you all enjoyed your take away breakfast, we have a full Outside Catering Menu if you ever need anything else catered for in your office, we would be delighted to assist.
We look forward to welcoming you to the bar for a sit down meal in the future, we serve food 7 nights a week. Monday to Saturday until 8:30pm and until 7:30pm on a Sunday.
Ireland
“Not what it seems from reviews”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

Had lunch here a few times during the week as close to business meetings. Have to say food is good, basic pub grub. Not much variety during the week. Had been 3 days of the 5 last week. Each time I have to say menu did not really change or deserts did not change once. Food was ok quality. My main gripe is the manageress on who was always on during lunch service. She only seemed to worry about the people on "reserved " seating and the "regulars". The people next to us, she had asked them 4 times in a space of 20 minutes how they where.Neve once did she ask me or my party. Felt like we where not worth her time. Thought mayone one of those things, but noticed the same behaviour each time I was in. Never asked if we are ok, or how was our meal. Had no other choice but to go there as nothing nearby with parking(onstreet). Would I go again, Maybe if management though about all customers and not just the "regular".

• Visited January 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank MisseyB
Maura M, Owner at Bobby Byrnes, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear MissyB,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review Bobby Byrnes, as all feedback is important to us.
Just to address some of your points, our lunch menu does change every day, on offer we have soup, a choice of 5 main course and a salad & sandwich bar. Our desserts do not change daily, they are all homemade by our chefs and are simply to "die for", so good, if only you had tried them.
We have won several awards for our food and customer service alike, I am mortified that you felt your group were not "worth my time". I can only imagine that the manageress you are referring to is myself. My name is Fiona Byrne and along with my husband Robert we own "Bobby's".
My own level of customer service is one thing I pride myself on, so I am extremely apologetic you feel you were not looked after. Absolutely we have a very different relationship with our regulars, as we have a huge rapport with these customers who we see on a daily basis, I would never check on a table 4 times, to see how they are doing, this would be a clear example of the type of banter we have with our regulars.
I apologise I didn't get to check on your table, that certainly isn't good enough. Just to add, there is plenty of choice in the area, all within walking distance so I'm delighted you choose to come to us 3 times in 1 week.
Fiona Byrne