“mind blowing .fantastic ...yummy overall amazing.”

Tuscany Bistro Castletroy
Ranked #19 of 409 Restaurants in County Limerick
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Savour the taste of the Mediterranean, right here on your doorstep! Come to Tuscany Bistro for mouthwatering food, an intimate environment and friendly ambience. Choose your Mediterranean favourites from our exciting menu! It’s a truly varied selection of classic Italian deliciousness. As for Tuscany Bistro’s wines, they’re tried, tested and approved of by our customers. Tuscany Bistro is the choice of health-conscious food lovers who enjoy eating where the staff are passionate about giving customers top value for money. Great Value Menu and daily specials available. Coeliac friendly.
Reviewed December 11, 2012

i had the prawns to start they were so fresh .then i had the steak which was cooked perfect nd to top it all off i had thee best creme brulee ever .the atmosphere was really good nd the waiter nd waitresses were really good at there job .all in all it was a great evening nd we r already booked again for next week :-)

2  Thank fallonfit

Reviewed December 7, 2012

I have eaten many many times in Tuscany in Lk; it is always top quality food in a lovely atmosphere..... Looking forward to trying out Ballina soon. Congrats to all.

2  Thank Jo B
Reviewed August 23, 2012

A consummate foodie I felt compelled to write about Tuscany Bistro... I use the Eat Out guide every year and when we are traveling to different parts of the country we call into restaurants that we have circled in our magazine. So... during our recent visit to Limerick Tuscany Bistro was the next on the list... and we will definitely be back!
From the moment we walked in I was struck by the warmth of the staff, decor and the general atmosphere, I felt like we had visited a million times before as we were made to feel like regulars. It was also clear that a lot of the customer's were very much regulars after seeing the owner (who introduced herself to us later) open the door to bid farewell to patron's leaving by first name... total class.
Onto the food. We had a perfect anti pasto and brushetta with the freshest of fresh tomato toppings with their amazing house salad dressing for starter (of which I bought a bottle to bring home!).... From this day forward whenever I have a hankering for a fillet steak I will make the journey back to Tuscany Bistro. It was quite simply the best steak I have had for a long time. Cooked rare - and perfectly (very difficult to find) with a peppercorn sauce, DELICIOUS potato gratin and more delicious salad with the golden drizzle of heaven that is their house dressing. Even though full to the gills we could not resist the call of the chocolate fondant. My husband took so many photos of it it was embarrassing! I have just seen a photo of this dessert already uploaded here. Believe me... if I'm going back for the steak alone, my husband will journey back for this dessert.
We had the house red, which was warming, tasty and great value... and we finished it all off with delicious double macchiattos.
All in all we left feeling the most spoiled and treated by a restaurant as we have for long time. A total pleasure and treat and we will be back!
I honestly cannot recommend this little beauty of a bistro enough!

2  Thank Ruby T
Reviewed July 29, 2012

On the back home from Kerry, and found this little Bistro by complete accident. Nice atmosphere in the restaurant, good decor, warm and appealing. There was only table with a reserved sign on it when we sat down. The menus arrived looking a little tatty, but everything else was clean and organized. We ordered our starters and the main. The starter arrived, and looked amazing. When I tasted the shredded carrots, and the pesto on the mozzarella my taste buds just melted. Such flavor. I never had bruchetta like this before and smiled to my wife, who has the same, and got a nod back. We knew the standard was set for the main course and we were not disappointed. By the time we were leaving a total of five tables has reserved signs, and three of them we filled already. The service was very good, and the staff always checked up on us, to ensure we were OK. Will be going back, next time I'm passing through.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

I went with a group of girl friends to Tuscany Bistro and we all agreed that we have found ourselves a little gem.
The service was impeccable, the staff were so friendly, welcoming & efficient. It's the little things that make you feel special like being walked to the door after you've paid and thanked for your custom and being told they are looking forward to seeing you again.
We all know in the current climate that money is tight but I can assure anyone who plans a visit to Tuscany Bistro for a special occasion you certainly will not leave there disappointed they'll make you feel like royalty.
And then there was the food.. YUM YUM!! Everything was so tasty, I had a starter special of portabello mushroom & black pudding, I cant stop thinking about it since-gorgeous. We all had different main courses from the extensive menu & specials board and everyone was delighted with their choice. The portion sizes were huge, the waiter came down to see if we wanted extra of anything and we all had to decline. We were so full we had to share deserts which were equally scrumptious.
All in all it was a great experience, its so nice to go in somewhere to spend you hard earned money and to come out with so many smiling happy faces, everyone is looking forward to our return visit.

1  Thank Fidelma K