“Nice one-night Stay”
Review of Pinecrest BnB

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kilkenny
Pinecrest BnB
Ranked #15 of 74 Kilkenny B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 17, 2011

After departing Dublin, our next stop was in Kilkenny, where we stayed at the Pincecrest B&B. We were greeted by Marion, the owner's daughter who welcomed us to Kilkenny, showed us to our rooms, and prepared coffee and tea for us, while describing the area. Her parents, Helen & Liam greeted us after we returned back from a short walk into the main town area.

The Pinecrest B&B was pristine and the rooms an ample size, and included free parking. When we returned from dinner, Liam assisted me with getting my access to their wi-fi connected, and even brought out his own personal laptop for my sister-in-law to use. Liam also made late night coffee and tea for us, and spent some time talking to us, explaining about sights to see. The hospitality by the owners was of the highest. And lastly, the breakfast was outstanding.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CaptDad42

Reviewed March 27, 2011

Helen and Liam were one of the friendliest hosts we have ever had at a Bed and Breakfast. We called once we were lost in Kilkenny trying to find this place ( it is hard to find and doesn't help with the navigation/Garmin). Helen was so helpful and stood outside looking for us to make sure we made it. Liam was also very friendly and we talked for quite awhile about Irish life.....anyway the Bed and Breakfast was great and the accommodations were outstanding.

The B&B is fairly close to downtown ( 5-10 min) walk and is also close to a nice trail next to the river ( about a mile long and great for a run).

Room was spacious/clean and very comfortable. Bathroom was clean and large shower with plenty of hot water. WiFi in the bedroom. Room was very quiet and the bed was nice.

Breakfast consisted of Muesli cereal and the traditional Irish Breakfast ( eggs/sausage/tomato).

We would recommend this Bed and Breakfast to anyone staying here in Kilkenny.

We stayed one night here on our recent 7 day trip (not enough time) in Ireland. Kilkenny is a really cool vibrant town with it's downtown and Castle. This town is a must to experience Irish life outside the larger Cities of Dublin, etc.. Kilkenny is about an 1.5 hrs south of Dublin and makes for a nice stop if heading further South towards Cork or the Southwest.

Great Restaurant in town is the Marbel City Restaruant: Highly recommend it!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank globetrotterswannebe
Reviewed January 8, 2011

This is the FRIENDLIEST B&B that I have ever been in. The lady of the house is incredible. She even offered to hang my husband clothes outside on her clothes line after he had wash them!! Her home is gorgeous!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2011

We had a hard time finding this place. We didnt feel like is was close to town. We had stayed at several other B and B's around Ireland and this one just was NOT convenient. Would it have killed us to walk to the city centre--NO--but convenient--not really. We called before we arrived and our room was FRIGID! My side of the bed had a heated blanket which was good but still cold. My husband put his soda in the hallway between the room and the bath and it was ice cold. I for went a shower the following morning because I didnt think I could bare the freezing temps from the shower to the main part of the room. I am an every day kind of bather. I was feeling cold and gripey...Then we had breakfast, it was the best breakfast I had. The options were many- I had french toast and sausage --hot and made to order. The juice was fresh and the fruit exquisite. It was a very cold night out and we had the proprietor check the radiator--I just dont know--the room was great and the bed was comfortable, but the cold was almost nauseating, my whole body was shaking. I'll bet that in the summer it is a splendid place.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2010

One of the best B&B's we stayed at during our 14 day trip. Excellent value, our room was huge and very clean, delicious breakfast, and perfect walking distance from the town center. Very sweet neighborhood. Private parking. Our host was very helpful and welcoming. Totally enjoyed our stay - Stay here if you're going to Kilkenny!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2010

My mom and I traveled around Ireland for two weeks. We planned our trip to enjoy the sights while relaxing at B & B's. Pinecrest was an exceptional choice for our two night stay. The location was perfect and residential.
We had great access to parking and easy driving distance to the heart of Kilkenny.
Helen welcomed us with tea and lots of info about what to see and do.
I loved the room, sitting area and friendly atmosphere.
Thanks so much for adding to our trip!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2010

Stayed here two nights in June. Wonderful location, close to town. Helen is the perfect hostess, offering us tea and coffee upon arrival and lots of useful information on things to do in Kilkenny. Breakfasts were great and made to order in the airy, sunny breakfast room. Room was bright and cheery. This was a great introduction to our BnB experience in Ireland. We would wholeheartedly reecommend tPinecrest BnB to anyone!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple