“One of my favorite bars of the trip!”

The Field Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 223 Restaurants in Kilkenny
Cuisines: European, Irish
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Perrysburg, Ohio
“One of my favorite bars of the trip!”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stopped in for dinner but were to late as the kitchens close early we soon found out. We decided to stay for a beer and the traditional irish music kept us there for quite a while. It is a small, quaint bar that is just my type of place. Large groups visiting may have a hard time sitting but couples should have an easy time. Wish we could have came back another night as the staff was very friendly and willing to help us plan things to see.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Julian A

“Great pub!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Our first night in Ireland and we stumbled upon the Field. The staff was so helpful! What a great introduction to the wonderful people of Ireland and Kilkenny! Thanks John and Liam for giving us such a warm welcome!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank knollorama
Ireland
“A great evening”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

A traditional pub in High Street, opposite the Left Bank, with a strong sporting theme. On a freezing March evening and after a great meal in Zuni’s, we were looking for somewhere with a bit of atmosphere and a drop of the hard stuff to help the food go down. The pub was very quiet, but the three of us spent a brilliant two hours chatting to the singer (a pretty close approximation to Pat Shortt) and a couple of great Newfoundlanders, who were half way from Kerry to the Giants Causeway.
This was a different type of craic from the loud boozy version that often features, but was no less enjoyable for that.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank JoeFrancis
Cork, Ireland
“The Field Kilkenny”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My friend and I went for lunch in The Field yesterday. I ordered a basic chicken wrap and chips and a luzcozade. The luzcozade was flat so I asked for another and there was a long black hair on the chips and wrap. I asked the waitress for a bowl of chips instead as we didn't have much time. To be honest, when the chips did arrive there was a good few black ones. Cheap chips and cheap ketchup.

When I went up to pay I was nearly charged for the wrap and chips but had to explain again about the hair. I was charged for the chips and I got no apology but was asked " so was everything okay?"...really not good enough.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank NiamhW
Waterford, Waterford, Ireland
“Good food and helpful staff”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

we recently ate at the field bar kilkenny we were waiting a while for our food but we wer extremley early and we were told they were just waiting on the fresh ingrediants they get in every day this i was very pleased with my partner got the steak and chips and wow what a meal it was absloutley fantastic good aul irish grub i also got a chicken burger and chips and was very pleased the owner was luvly and very welcoming yes there was a pub smell within the premisis but it is a pub so you could not really expect much more was very pleased with my visit and will be back again price for our visit was only €27 for the lot

• Visited March 2013