“Yum!”
Review of Zuni

Zuni
Ranked #2 of 233 Restaurants in Kilkenny
Cuisines: European
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Stopped by for a drink and dessert! Excellent service and wow! What great dessert! We had the Eton Mess… well it sounds confusing, but it was really good. The drinks were really good as well. Highly recommend. Not too dressy… we arrived in jeans and jackets..

Reviewed January 16, 2014

I have eaten here on many occasions and have always found the food really good. However over Christmas I ate in the Cafe part and when given the menu was told that 3 of the 6 main courses weren't available. This was a big disappointment as the only 2 dishes that I really wanted were not available. I put it down to it being Christmas and maybe there had been a lunchtime rush. I had arrived at 3pm and the Cafe is open till 5pm until their Tapas menu kicks in, I can understand maybe one dish being off but 3 seemed excessive and if you are going to offer a menu till 5pm then pretty much all things on the menu should be available. I then went again in the New Year and once again when I was handed the menu I was told that 3 of the mains were not available, luckily this time what I wanted was still available. This time I had arrived at 2pm. Whereas I have once again rated the food as very good it is really annoying to be given a menu and told there are certain things you can't have. If there is an issue with running out of certain dishes then maybe it would be better to use a blackboard so as they can be erased and then when you enter the Cafe you can see what is available before you sit down and are not left disappointed by being told what was on the menu is no longer available.

1  Thank swellsix
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I had eaten here before and loved it but a bit disappointed this time. I know january is a lean month but we still pay the same price. Starters and mains good but desserts do not live up to description or price (some €10+). The choc tart was like a brick and too much gelatine used in the cheesecake. More thought went into the method of attempting the end structure of the dessert rather than the taste.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

I have had many meals in this restaurant and have always been very satisfied with both the quality of the food and the friendliness of the service.
This restaurant provides an excellent and varied menu at quite reasonable prices. It has very high standards without the pretentiousness of some establishments. To my mind it is the best restaurant in Kilkenny and the south east area within its price bracket.

1  Thank billyg010
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Although only six we were looked after as if we were a large corporation. Choice of menu was extensive and the wine list equally so. In addition it was the careful but discrete attention to us at all times -little things like seeing that the water jug was refilled as well as attending to our wine glasses - that helped to lift the evening from the ordinary to something special. At the end of a successful year for this small organisation and staff it was a brilliant way to celebrate. Full marks to Paul and his team.