“Lunch with my brother Tom”
Review of Zuni

Zuni
Ranked #2 of 233 Restaurants in Kilkenny
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Reviewed November 13, 2012

My brother took me to lunch at Zuni's in Kilkenny. It has been there for years but it was my first time to go and I understand now why my foodie friends dine there. To start, I had the Beetroot & Red Onion Tart Tatin, Whipped Knockdrinna Goats Cheese for 6.90 E and for my Main I had the Confit Pork Belly, Mustard Mash, Bacon & Cabbage, Butternut Squash Puree for 12.50 Euro. You can see that a lot of thought goes in to the food. The dishes are gourmet so the prices are extremely reasonable in my opinion and I should also mention the artisan breads supplied at the start - as well as a carafe of water (halleluja) - why can't all restaurants do this? Tom had the Saute Angus Beef Strips on tasted focaccia, mushrooms, onions, chips & bearnaise sauce and he too was very happy. Another great Kilkenny restaurant - honestly the food in restaurants like this in Ireland can compete with the best in the world.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,012)

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I just love going to this restaurant... As do all generations of my family both young and old.The food is terrific and beautifully presented and the staff are so pleasant and so helpful.If you are in Kilkenny area give it a try . I don't think you could be disappointed

Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Booked for 8pm, arrived early at 7.15 & were seated no problem. They were even decent enough to offer the early bird menu even though it finished at 7. Good value early bird with plenty of choice. Nice sized portions, delicious good, pork belly could have been crispier maybe. Nice desserts. Excellent service without feeling intrusive. Very nice meal.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We've only had coffee and lunch here but it's a great spot. Food is good, coffee is great and the staff are really lovely. It's very welcoming for families too, which for us is a plus.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We tried to get in for coffee mid-morning on a Sunday, but it was completely full. We returned for lunch and had mixed reviews of our meals. Some of us had very good chicken sandwiches, but the goat's cheese did not appear to be goat's cheese at all but rather a soupy cream. We had had Drockdinna goat's cheese at other restaurants and found it delightful, but this wasn't the same at all.

2  Thank SuffolkAnn