“Delicious food”
Review of Cafe Sol Bistro - CLOSED

Cafe Sol Bistro
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: CAFE SOL BISTRO KILKENNY uses quality local suppliers and our dishes are prepared fresh daily from the best ingredients. We offer a great value all night menu priced at €25 for two courses and €29 for three courses (some supplements apply). Craft beers and your favourite aperitifs digestifs and cocktails are now on the menu! We welcome customer feedback - please email with any queries you may have. Thank you!
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Love the Thomastown Cafe Sol, food is always delicious and so fresh. Great menu choices and value for money. Lovely ambience and the staff are always very friendly and attentive. Will be returning as soon as I can.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We enjoyed our dinner at this restauran. I started with the mussels which were very good. If you are looking for a change from pub food I recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Spent a blustery cold Sunday evening here. It was lovely! The food was amazing, delicious local lamb meatballs to start, gorgeous butternutsquash with pasta.
We enjoyed the wine and dessert too!
Will definitely return

Reviewed April 26, 2013

When my friend and I ate here this evening I was determined to write a review as soon as possible. I have probably had dozens of meals here and all were of a very high standard but today I had the best pasta dish of my life in a magnificent creamy lemony sauce, with bacon and chicken.

As has been said by many reviewers, we are lucky in Kilkenny to have so many places to eat, that are well above the average standard often available. I enjoyed every single bite of my food. My request to have the pasta without bok choy was greeted by a 'Once we have it in the kitchen, we'll replace it with whatever you want.'

How refreshing to find staff that are so accomodating and also that a change in the menu is almost expected and welcomed.

We finished with excellent coffees and espressos and the irresistible chocolate biscuit cake. Well done Cafe Sol on making this a really pleasurable experience. What made it so enjoyable? Fabulous food and a fantastic waitress/front of house. Keep it up.

We'll keep coming back.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Tasty options including well cooked seafood. Had a nice fish dish with greens. Free wifi. Pleasant wait staff. Bright, casual atmosphere. Able to cater to vegetarian and lactose-intolerant.