“Wonderful Food, Great Service!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Eat
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Pasadena, California
“Wonderful Food, Great Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

My husband and I were recently in Ireland / Kilkenny on vacation from Los Angeles. We were searching for a place that might have a variety of options for the health conscious. My husband and I are quite the foodies. We regularly eat out in LA, and didn't expect to find anything on par with the health food restaurants back home.

We found EAT just at the tail end of the lunch rush. It seemed to have been quite busy, which is always a good sign, but were happy to have missed the hungry crowd. EAT is very reminiscent of a restaurant in LA that we like to go to, called Lemonade. It's set up in a similar fashion. Everything is laid out clearly, you order you food, you move on and pay, you have the option of taking it to go or eat in. There is no wait staff, so you just seat yourself and enjoy the lovely food....just like at EAT. Another similarity is that you get to see your food being prepared fresh in front of your eyes. There is a little bit of a wait, after all it's not McDonalds...this food is fresh and very tasty, and well worth the 5 or 10 mins wait. When you go, try the chicken and chorizo hot wok meal. It's great over greens/ leaves. My husband went bananas over the chicken, mango, and cheese sandwich. We ate there three times while in Kilkenny, actually twice in one day, once for lunch and once for dinner. The flavor profile of the food was SO satisfying. So, if you happen to be visiting Kilkenny, or are a local, do yourself a favor and go eat at EAT!

3 Thank Tracey M

Mainz, Germany
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“gorgeous food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

I visited #eat twice when I was on vacation in Kilkenny. I really liked the atmosphere of this new restaurant with its light furniture and the urban chic/industrial style. The food is all freshly prepared and healthy - so a perfect snack for a shopping break in town. I had a sandwich with chicken, mango and gorgonzola cheese which was just absolutely delicious. I can also highly recommend the sushi! The staff was very friendly, too.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Isabel K
Kilkenny
“Yummy, healthy food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

I love #eat. It has such a varied menu, with something to suit everyone. I have gone here a lot since it opened and I have loved everything I've had. The chicken Caesar wrap or salad is scrumptious with lots of dressing which is usually a complaint elsewhere I have found. The lemon chicken sandwich with blue cheese and mango was such an unusual combination that I had to try it and it was amazing. I've also had the chicken and chorizo wok meal which is yummy too. If you want something sweet the glazed cronuts are finger licking good! I wish all the girls at #eat good luck and hopefully the word will spread that this is the place to go. Excellent service and the decor is modern and bright.

Visited April 2014
Kilkenny, Ireland
“Healthy Take Away.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

Eat is just what Kilkenny was missing, A healthy Take Away. I have ate there twice now and cant wait for my next visit. They serve healthy wok meals, salads, soup and a whole range of wraps and sandwiches and they have a sit down area if you want to eat it there . Its ideal if your looking for a healthy quick fix in town. They have the calorie content of all the meals listed on the menu. I had a spicy tomato and chorizo soup and a pork sandwich with apple and relish it was delicious. They have sushi to and I look forward to trying it soon.

• Visited March 2014
Eatkilkenny, Owner at Eat, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Thank you for the lovely review. We really appreciate it, it's tough getting a new restaurant open especially one that's a bit different from the norm so getting positive feedback is really great and makes it all worthwhile.
Dublin, Ireland
“Delicious food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

Stumbled across this place by accident, it's a bit off the beaten track in one of the side streets.
The service was great and food delicious, great value. I loved how this place was decorated; lots of cool and quirky design features.

• 4 of 5 bubbles