“Most Relaxing Hotel In Town”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pembroke Kilkenny

Pembroke Kilkenny
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Kilkenny
Cambridge
“Most Relaxing Hotel In Town”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

As a regular visitor to Kilkenny over the last 30 years we have tried almost all of the hotels.In our experience this is the most relaxing place of all.Our kids have now grown up so the lack of a leisure centre is an advantage now as Irish hotels with Leisure Centres tend to turn in to creche's at any holiday time !!
The staff were superb & the room & breakfast to a high standard it's position is also excellent ,could not fault it,would recommend the Pembroke to anyone.Looking forward to going back already

Room Tip: Ask for a Castle View,very quiet
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Paul_Broderick, General Manager at Pembroke Kilkenny, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent review. I am thrilled to hear that you consider us the most relaxing hotel in Kilkenny. I will pass your kind comments about our food and rooms to all our staff and to the kitchen.

I am looking forward to welcoming you on your return visit, which I hope will be in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,
Paul

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Even though I love to travel I'd never been to Kilkenny before so when I decided for my girlfriends birthday to book a midweek break away for the two of us, I certainly made the right choice. From the moment we arrived until we left I've never been able to relax so much as I did at the Pembroke Hotel. It's hotels and staff like this that really make Ireland such a brilliant holiday destination. The staff from the receptionists to the bar staff were all superb. Coming from a tourism & hotel background I really appreciated the sincerity of the staff who I could tell enjoyed working there. The hotel was spotless and on our arrival the room was decorated lovely for my girlfriend with flower petals on the bed and two towel swans making a loveheart as well. The package included a packed lunch with our cycle trip but we were unable to take it with us on the day so very kindly they gave us two complimentary bottles of water at my request and offered to give us lunch the following day at the bar. If you've never been to Kilkenny the Pembroke is definitely the way to go to enjoying what the city has to offer. It's close to town, plenty of ample parking and brilliant facilities to match. I'll be back again for sure. Keep up the good work guys.

Room Tip: We had a third floor room overlooking the north tower of Kilkenny Castle
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Patrick,

Thank you for your review, it is very much appreciated.

I am pleased you had such a positive experience and that we had the opportunity to help you relax and unwind with our high level of customer service. I do hope your girlfriend enjoyed celebrating her birthday in Kilkenny and experienced everything the city has to offer. The cycling trips are a great way to discover Kilkenny in a unique way.

I look forward to welcoming you and your girlfriend again soon.

Regards,
tipperary
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Two of my children and I stayed one night at this hotel. It is such a relaxing hotel; from the moment I parked my car merely steps away from the side entrance until we departed I felt at home. Staff were lovely and knew area well to advise us on area. Food was very reasonable in the restaurant and very wholesome. Bedroom was very clean and so cosy. Kids are very welcome.
The location is great as you are only a minutes walk from the castle and the main shopping area is close also. There are plenty of restaurants on this street. Can recommend the Indian next door.
Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for one night with a few of my friends and my baby. The hotel is in a very central location and we were lucky enough to get one of the onsite parking spaces. The girl at reception was very friendly. We were worried about noise when we saw a lot of stags and hens in the foyer but the hotel was extremely quiet at night time. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. I think if we are going to travel to Kilkenny in the future we would definately consider returning to this hotel.

Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

We arrived very early but were able to check in which was great. Lovely hotel, spacious, clean rooms. Very polite and helpful staff. Free parking. central location so no need for taxis. Would highly recommend.

Ireland
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Just back from a weekend stay at the Pembroke hotel. Exceptional service from the staff, everything from the warm welcome at reception, to the helpful domestic staff, bar and food staff. Could not have asked for more. Even during some very busy breakfast service, the staff had a smile on their face and were very accomodating. Rooms clean,spacious and comfortable. Food excellent. Central location, and a great little shop shutterbug across the road, ladies beware if you love vintage, sequins and sparkle, you may think you have arrived in heaven.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Paul_Broderick, General Manager at Pembroke Kilkenny, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Hi Christine,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am delighted that you had such a warm welcome and an enjoyable stay with us over the busy St. Patrick's Day weekend and I hope you enjoyed the many events taking place.

Kilkenny is home to a range of unique shops and boutiques, some of which are right on out doorstep as you found and I'm glad you had the chance to visit them! There's something for everyone here!

We hope to see you again soon.

Regards
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed March 17, 2013

New modern hotel in a central location. Complimentary parking. Good size rooms and friendly staff - would recommend for sightseeing and nightlife in city centre
No leisure centre on site but access available to nearby one
Did not eat here but friends did have breakfast which was good. Rate on trivago much lower than hotel direct rate

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends