“Worst pint of Guinness in Kilkenny”
Review of Eamon Langton's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Eamon Langton's
Ranked #28 of 33 Nightlife in Kilkenny
Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

We arrived in the well known pub expecting wonderful bthings.
The staff were rude, at one point a bar man moved me a few feet across the bar to serve me an order of drinks as the other side was " for food" maybe if a sign was erected to state that people wouldn't make the mistake. The pint of Guinness was awful. Not something I would like a tourist to Ireland to experience. Up the road there are several other bars /hotels that serve a much better pint. The atmosphere was good , but overall the place is well over rated, it seems the name is better than the actual service or product.

1  Thank Colmh22

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Myself and my girlfriend had a great time here. Good drinks and a really nice atmosphere. The pub is also really well decorated.

1  Thank Wesleywez
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I was part of a hen weekend travelling to Kilkenny, why did we chose this destination? Apparently the best club in the South of Ireland is Langdon's... So, I booked a table/area for my group at the 'famous' Langdon's club in Kilkenny. When we arrived we discovered that the area they had booked for us turned into a smoking area later in the evening!! It was at the back of the club, not where we could easily access the dance floor and to be honest, we didn't want to be surrounded by smokers all night (no offence to those who are).

We were offered a great 'deal' of EUR5 entry to the club as there were so many of us. great we thought! Not so, the standard charge into the club is EUR5... don't be fooled by this 'special offer'. I don't mind paying entry into a club, however I dislike being told I'm getting a 'special offer' when I'm clearly not!

Whilst in the club, I can not fault the staff, or the music.. both were brilliant and helped us enjoy our night.

However, while trying to leave the club we discovered what can only be described as a fire-fighters worst nightmare!! They run a one way in, same way out system!! We had to squeeze past people to get out (I'm not talking a normal night out, this was on a whole different scale!!) one of my group had to be physically pulled between people, other wise she was never getting out! They were still letting people into the club (how I've no idea) as we were leaving which again made it difficult for those wanting to leave.

My advice... go somewhere else!!

I have written an e-mail to my contact in Langdon's and as yet have received no response. However, when I was booking and arranging the weekend, they couldn't have been quicker to respond.

2  Thank Esther B
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Had dinner in the bar. One starter, two mains,one dessert and two glasses of house wine €59. Not good value. Had cod, chips and mushy peas for €17.50, who are they codding! Over rated. Better pLaces around town. Won't be in hurry back.

1  Thank Caroanimo
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Arrived here on a stag and after finding a few places hit and miss we finally found somewhere we were all comfortable. This place is BIG. Clean and all the staff i met were friendly and talkative especially the guy who was working the outside bar with glasses. Cant think of his name I'm sorry to say.

1  Thank Frank M