“Good value and pleasant”

Aspect Hotel Kilkenny
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights b and b - clean accommodation, friendly staff and comfortable sleep. Breakfast was very tasty and there was a good range from cereals to a fry. Less than €10 for taxi journey which is reasonable. Thanks to all the staff for our pleasant stay.

1  Thank IrlCbyrne
GMAspectHotel, General Manager at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thanks for your recent feedback it is very much appreciated. I am glad that you noticed the overall level of service and cleaniness that we offer, these along with excellent value are the key to our sucess in keeping the hotel very busy. Looking forward to welcoming you or your friends back to the Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed here for three nights, it was a really enjoyable experience from start to finish we were greeted with a warm genuine welcome by staff who obvioustly enjoyed their work and didn't see it as an endurance for them. Nothing was too much trouble to any staff member we met during our stay their mantra is "no bother at all"
The rooms are bright and airy, very comfortable beds, housekeeping standards are excellent! we appreciated the fact that nobody disturbed us early to access our room for servicing ( a usual experience nowadays in Irish hotels). The open plan restaurant and bar areas are welcoming and very well maintained, breakfast is self service buffet style with excellent choices available, waiting staff are on standby to help with service if needed.
The hotel and its location are excellent, but its real success is in its staff.....they are magnificent hard working people who understand the meaning of customer service with a smile, the manager leads his team by example he is a very busy, visible, smiling example of what hotel management should be about.The hotel offers fantastic value for money, both for business and pleasure, its location is ideal as its not a city centre hotel but is very accessible to Kilkenny which is just a few minutes away by car.
Finally, I would rate this hotel as a 3 Star plus, (the plus is for the high calibre of service and staff/management).Would we stay again? we hope to return again soon to see our new friends particularly Helen at reception, Joe, and everyone else who made our stay so fantastic. Thanks Guys

1  Thank 27Cal09

Thank you for your excellent review of Aspect Hotel Kilkenny. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am so glad to hear that you plan to return, most of our guests are repeat guests. We do offer genuine hospitality and this makes us very different from many of the other Hotels. We have a very small Team employed but each one making sure that the customer is number ONE each day. We value each guest for their business and we know that it is so important to wow each guests as when you think of Kilkenny you immediately think of Aspect Hotel Kilkenny and your memorable stay. Please do continue to spread the good news as we love to remain busy with our business growing by 14% year on year, this we put down to the dedicated Team making sure that they Greet our Customers as Friends and Treat them like Kings.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

This is a better than average commercial type hotel. When I say commercial I mean that it is probably most suited to commercial travelers but I hasten to add anyone can use it really. It was good value for money about €40 for bed and breakfast per night.

The rooms were clean and had everything that you required. The food was good with a buffet breakfast which included a fry.

The staff couldn't be more friendly and helpful and went above and beyond the call of duty!

The only 'negative' thing I could say is that it is beside a retail park which is not really a fault, so don't expect a breath taking view! The flip side of the location is that it is nice and quiet at night.

It is roughly 2 kms from the city centre so if you intend to go out in the city you will have to take a taxi back. If you ask at the desk the staff will provide you with numbers and there is a discount for hotel residents.

I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: A bit of a treck from the city centre but you can get taxi numbers at reception.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
GMAspectHotel, General Manager at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Thank you for your recent feedback. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We found out this morning the we have been awarded a Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor, placing us within the top 10% of business on TripAdvisor. I am glad that you enjoyed our food, clean accommodation and a good quality of sleep. I know we are located only 2Km for the city centre but this allows you a good nights sleep when you decide to go to sleep as you are not disturbed by the street noise form the late bars and clubs, and with our discounted taxis it is a very good investment. I will pass on you comments about the Team as we do have an excellent Team who really wants to make each guests stay memorable for the right reasons.
Please continue to spread the positive news as we love to remain busy.

Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel and the location is great. Kilkenny is a great place for a break away. Service was friendly and rooms were spacious, warm and clean. Good size bathroom and plenty of hot water. Price is very reasonable. Would stay here again

• Stayed: April 2013
GMAspectHotel, General Manager at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Thank you for your very positive feed back it is much appreciated. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us. Please continue to spread to positive news for Aspect Hotel Kilkenny as we love to remain busy and to be able to continue to offer excellent value to all of our guests.
Looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I stayed there for one night this last Sunday. I chose this hotel based on the overall reviews on TA, and location. I have just arrived to Dublin, starting my driving adventure in Kilkenny.

I have a GPS so it was quite easy for me to find (I drove from Glendalough, between Dublin and Kilkenny). It's about another 10 minutes drive to the main part of town, for sightseeing and dining. If you're driving, there is free parking in front of the hotel. I have always utilized public transportation on trips, and I would say that this hotel wouldn't be as convenient in terms of location to the main part of town.

Upon check-in, they told me that my reservation was canceled (I had previously booked and cancelled, but did re-book 2nd time). It wasn't a problem since I have my confirmation, and I was given a clean room when everything was sorted out. I check-in around 12 noon, and there's availability, my guess is because may isn't too crowded yet.

My room was 201, on the 2nd floor on the corner. The room was clean, spacious, with a round table and a desk for use. No refrigerator. There were things for you to make coffee which I didn't use. Outlets is by the desk area. The bathroom was clean, with two sets of towels, and basic amenities. It also has a bathtub, with a nice shower head. No problem with the hot water. I took a nap after check-in (just got off my flight!) but couldn't sleep because a staff was downstairs sorting out recycling cans and bottles. He was just tossing them in, and my room overlooks it. I guess the window weren't thick enough to block out the noise. Otherwise, at night, I have no trouble sleeping.

Starting at 7am was the free breakfast buffet, and overall it was quite good.

I would stay there again, for one or two nights, and if I have a car. The price was quite affordable and it was overall a comfortable one night stay.

Room Tip: I had room 201, and other than the problem stated in my review about the noise from the recycling bo...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your nice review. I am glad to read you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the Hotel to be reasonable in price, clean and the Team very friendly. I am glad that we were able to accommodate you with an early checkin, unfortunately during your early checkin I now know your sleep became disturbed. We do sort our bottle out generally between 12pm and 2.30pm as check out time is 12pm and check in is generally 2.30pm. We schedule it for this time so that we do not disturb our customers. Unfortunately had you simply dialed Reception we would have delayed this task till later, we were not aware that you had got to have a nap upon checkin. Please accept our appologies for your sleep disturbance.
Please do spred the positive news for us at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny as we love to keep very busy.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

This was a last minute decision to just get away for an evening and visit Kilkenny the hotel is a little outside of town and no food is served here besides breakfast. The reception was a great help and the room was really impressive for such a good price if you are not after a hotel with all the trimmings and are prepared to travel to town then this is a great stay great for carparking and great friendly staff breakfast was good to.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
GMAspectHotel, General Manager at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Thank you for your recent feedback, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am unsure where you got the idea from that we only serve breakfast in the Hotel, as we have a very good reputation locally for the food in the Hotel. We serve dinner 7 nights of the week in Ruebens Restaurant.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Nice, clean hotel, lovely breakfast, nice staff and good value for money. We are a young couple who stayed here for one night whilst visiting family. It was in a good location, 5 mins drive from the town centre and €8 in a taxi. The town itself was lovely, picturesque and had a wide range of shops, cafe's and pubs.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking time to offer us your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you had a nice stay. Please do tell your friends and family as we would love to be able to welcome them in the near future.