“Affordable stay”

Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Los Angeles, California
“Affordable stay”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I stayed there for one night this last Sunday. I chose this hotel based on the overall reviews on TA, and location. I have just arrived to Dublin, starting my driving adventure in Kilkenny.

I have a GPS so it was quite easy for me to find (I drove from Glendalough, between Dublin and Kilkenny). It's about another 10 minutes drive to the main part of town, for sightseeing and dining. If you're driving, there is free parking in front of the hotel. I have always utilized public transportation on trips, and I would say that this hotel wouldn't be as convenient in terms of location to the main part of town.

Upon check-in, they told me that my reservation was canceled (I had previously booked and cancelled, but did re-book 2nd time). It wasn't a problem since I have my confirmation, and I was given a clean room when everything was sorted out. I check-in around 12 noon, and there's availability, my guess is because may isn't too crowded yet.

My room was 201, on the 2nd floor on the corner. The room was clean, spacious, with a round table and a desk for use. No refrigerator. There were things for you to make coffee which I didn't use. Outlets is by the desk area. The bathroom was clean, with two sets of towels, and basic amenities. It also has a bathtub, with a nice shower head. No problem with the hot water. I took a nap after check-in (just got off my flight!) but couldn't sleep because a staff was downstairs sorting out recycling cans and bottles. He was just tossing them in, and my room overlooks it. I guess the window weren't thick enough to block out the noise. Otherwise, at night, I have no trouble sleeping.

Starting at 7am was the free breakfast buffet, and overall it was quite good.

I would stay there again, for one or two nights, and if I have a car. The price was quite affordable and it was overall a comfortable one night stay.

Room Tip: I had room 201, and other than the problem stated in my review about the noise from the recycling bo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
GMAspectHotel, General Manager at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for your nice review. I am glad to read you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the Hotel to be reasonable in price, clean and the Team very friendly. I am glad that we were able to accommodate you with an early checkin, unfortunately during your early checkin I now know your sleep became disturbed. We do sort our bottle out generally between 12pm and 2.30pm as check out time is 12pm and check in is generally 2.30pm. We schedule it for this time so that we do not disturb our customers. Unfortunately had you simply dialed Reception we would have delayed this task till later, we were not aware that you had got to have a nap upon checkin. Please accept our appologies for your sleep disturbance.
Please do spred the positive news for us at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny as we love to keep very busy.
Clement Gleeson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This was a last minute decision to just get away for an evening and visit Kilkenny the hotel is a little outside of town and no food is served here besides breakfast. The reception was a great help and the room was really impressive for such a good price if you are not after a hotel with all the trimmings and are prepared to travel to town then this is a great stay great for carparking and great friendly staff breakfast was good to.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
GMAspectHotel, General Manager at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for your recent feedback, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am unsure where you got the idea from that we only serve breakfast in the Hotel, as we have a very good reputation locally for the food in the Hotel. We serve dinner 7 nights of the week in Ruebens Restaurant.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Nice, clean hotel, lovely breakfast, nice staff and good value for money. We are a young couple who stayed here for one night whilst visiting family. It was in a good location, 5 mins drive from the town centre and €8 in a taxi. The town itself was lovely, picturesque and had a wide range of shops, cafe's and pubs.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to offer us your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you had a nice stay. Please do tell your friends and family as we would love to be able to welcome them in the near future.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Very basic hotel, but great value for money. It's hidden away on the premises of a small retail park. It states the Hotel is only 2km from local attractions and Kilkenny city, slight exaggeration, you would need your own transport or taxi for travelling. It's great value if you are staying with your children as under 12s stay free. The staff are very welcoming and friendly, the rooms are spacious and comfortable. The breakfast Buffett was warm, delicious and inviting. We stayed for two nights and couldn't fault the place. I won't return on the fact that local amenities are just too far away, other than that our stay was very pleasant.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent positive feed back. I am delighted to hear that you could not fault the Hotel, we do like to offer this level of sentiment to all of our guests. Thanking you for your business, it is appreciated by the Team at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny.
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I stayed here for two nights for my sons wedding while in Ireland and I have no fault with the place the room was very nice clean and the staff were lovely i would recommend the place to anyone u might think u have to pay a lot to get good service but this place proves otherwise

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Susypage
Thank you for your very kind feedback it is very much appreciated. Please continue to spread the positive news for us here at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny as we love to remain busy and to be able to offer you excellent value each time. When you stay with us, we value your business and love to see our guests return.
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Couldn't get any better. I stayed for 4 nights mid-week for business. The staff were very helpful and went out of their way to help me - especially Helen on reception. The food was very tasty - a self service breakfast includes cooked food, pastries and fruit whilst I also enjoyed Ruebens bar on two ocassions and the dinners surpassed my expectations (or KFC is across the car park). Rooms are exactly as per the picture, very comfortable and roomy. All modern style. On the Kilkenny ring road which suited my needs, only a short drive into town.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your very kind feedback, we are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed on you kind comments to Helen and she was delighted to hear your comments. Thank you for your valued business it is very much appreciated by all the Team at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny.
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed here last night (28th of april). Myself and my pregnant girlfriend went for the weekend to see Kilkenny. So we pre-booked this hotel. We drove from Galway, we left Galway at half six in the morning,so we could get two full days in Kilkenny. We arrived at the hotel at half nine, to be told check-in wasnt until 2:30, by an unfriendly and not very helpful receptionist, i asked what we could do until 2:30, but she wasnt interested. It felt she couldnt be bothered about us till 2:30, she could have asked to take our bags to save up bringing them around for five hours. On the plus side, thats the only bad thing iv to say about the hotel, everything was good, the room was big,fresh and very clean. Its just out side the town, its nice and quite and night, we had a very good night sleep. The rooms are warm. The breakfast is very good, its self-serve, but theres plenty of food for everyones taste. Over all its a very nice hotel, i would recommend,

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your overall very positive feedback, I am delighted to hear that you really enjoyed your stay. I am sorry to hear that you found our receptionist unfriendly on arrival at the Hotel. We do normally offer to take in guests bags when we dont have rooms available. The hotel was full the night prior to your stay and checkout is not till 12 noon so we were unable to accommodate you with an early checkin something that we do when and where possible. I am glad to read that you are happy to return and than you for your business. looking forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.