Aspect Hotel Kilkenny
Hotels.com
Newpark Hotel(Kilkenny)
$258
$225
Kilkenny Inn Hotel(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
$183
$238
Agoda.com
Butler House(Kilkenny)
$377
Kilford Arms Hotel(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
$154
$137
All reviewsretail parkstayed heredays innring roadbudget hotelcity centrenice hotelmin drivepleasant staygood sizebuffet breakfastdouble bedone night stayroom was spotlessfull irishlast weekendtaxi
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Stayed two nights on a business trip.
I understand all the other reviews giving out about the location. It is in an industrial park, surrounded by big, bland shops like Halfords, Woodies etc, and a KFC.
Nothing else here and I bet it's bait of a hike to town.
Suited us fine though as we're just driving to different locations around Kilkenny for work.

Staff were friendly, especially the waitresses in the restaurant. Food is okay, and breakfast, though self service, is good. Coffee could be better.

Room was clean and well presented. One thing to note though is that the radiator is hidden behind the floor to ceiling curtains. I couldn't find it and thought the room quite cold.
Only spotted the radiator in the morning when I opened the curtains. Not that it would have done much good behind the curtain.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
GMAspectHotel, General Manager at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Thank you for taking time to offer your feedback it is very much appreciated. Our location is in a Retail Park just off the ring road but it does allow for a quiter stay by night away from the noise from the pubs and clubs, but yet only a 15-20 minute walk to city centre.
The radiator in the room is behind a net curtain and generally people notice it but it is something worth mentioning to us as we can note it in our guest directory, but as you mentioned our rooms are clean. I have also passed on your comments about the lady in the Restaurant.
Thank you for taking time to offer your feed back.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stayed here for a one night stay on November 5th 2012

Positives:
- Clean hotel
- Room was basic but OK if just being used as a place to sleep
- complementary hot/cold buffet breakfast in the morning
- inexpensive ( personally paid $60CAD a night through hotels.com )
- free onsite parking
- free wifi

Negatives:
- Location not good. In a business park on the outside of town. If sightseeing you have to commute and park in town ( 10min drive )
- older hotel which in my opinion had a old musty smell in the hallways and room

Overall just an average hotel that is great if you are looking to save money on a nights stay and just need a place to sleep at night

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
GMAspectHotel, General Manager at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Thank you for your recent review. Glad to read that you found the property clean and inexpensive. Our location is just over 1km to city centre so for it to take 10 minutes to drive I believe you must have taken the non direct route, I drove it earlier this morning during rush hour and go to the Castle which is in the centre in just under 3 minutes.
I will check the corridors for the musty smell that you mentioned but perhaps it may have been the smell of some new carpet that we have had laid as we continually invest in the property even thought the Hotel was a new build only 6 years ago.
Thanks again for your review it is appreciated.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

A group of us stayed at the hotel, which was more of an inn than a hotel. No room service, no late bar. The rooms were basic, and the location was pretty far from the town centre. Kilkenny itself is brilliant, fantastic city, the people are super friendly and I would go back, but I won't be staying in the Aspect.
The staff were either poorly trained or just did not want to be there. They couldn't have been less helpful or friendly - the girl behind the bar had such a sour puss on her it was almost comical. The food wasn't great, pretty basic quality.
Also, they have no residents bar after 2 a.m. which is not communicated to you when you check in (despite the staff insisting it is and then telling me they didn't care!). We were basically ignored and treated like a nuisance. I guess you get what you pay for, but I always thought manners cost nothing.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank LuciaBl
GMAspectHotel, General Manager at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you for your review which I am dissapointed to receive. I have called a TEAM MEETING for today to discuss its content as it is far from an acceptable standard or the norm for us. The Bar does close at 2am and we do this for a good reason so that we do not disturb other residence in the Hotel, we feel that people should have enought alcohol consumed prior to 2am and after that it is simply over indulgence.
We do service all of our rooms on a daily basis but one side of the door sign reads 'service room' but on the reverse it reads 'do not disturb', so I not sure where the confusion came from.
I do hope that you will come and stay with us again in the future to allow us an opportunity to restore your confidence in us, as your experience is not our norm.
General Manager.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

First impressions of the hotel, it has a very welcoming atmosphere. The lobby is open plan and centres towards the reception desk where the staff are warm, friendly and very efficient. Once settled in my room I can say that these are very clean and tidy and the bathroom is the same. The restaurant serves good quality food again the service is very good. If you don't feel like eating there then the hotel is very close to the town centre via a short taxi journey.

Overall I had a enjoyable stay here, would recommend to friends and will visit again.

• Stayed: October 2012
GMAspectHotel, General Manager at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thank you for taking time to offer us your feedback it is very much appreciated. I am deligheted to read that you really enjoyed your stay with us. Our Team here will be glad to hear your feedback, we do share all feedback with the Team. Please continue to inform your friends and family about us here at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny as we would love to welcome them in the very near future.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Tis hotel islocated on the ring road 20 mins walk from the city centre. It is convenient, lots of car parking spaces, the staff are friendly, the service is good. The rooms are modern and clean and it offers excellent value for money, with a free beverage o arrival. I would most certainly stay again and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mike M

Thank you for your recent feedback, very much appreciated. I am delighted to read that you really enjoyed your stay with us. Delighted to hear that you found the Team to be friendly and helpful. Our rooms are very clean and this surprises so many people but this should be a basic requirement we believe. We do offer a free drink and the best rate when you book directly on our own website. Thanks again for your feed back and we do hope that we can welcome you back to the Hotel again in the near future.