“Great value!”

Aspect Hotel Kilkenny
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Clean rooms and decent size for the cost. Friendly helpful staff. Great location, as it's about a twenty minute walk to town center (Kilkenny castle, pubs, shops, restaurants), so you have quiet and privacy, but can easily get to anything fun you'd like to do. I'd stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AshleeRoger
GMAspectHotel, General Manager at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Thank you for your genuine feedback we really do appreciate it. We at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny pride ourself on the cleaniness, hospitality and value that we offer. We do love to read that you are happy to return to stay with us as many of our guests are now repeat guests. Our location as you mentioned is ideal a little out of town to allow for a good nights sleep and close enough to enjoy the city and its nightlife.
Please continue to tell your friends and family about your stay with us as we would really love to be able to welcome them to Aspect Hotel Kilkenny the best value Hotel in Kilkenny not just today but everyday.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Arrived at this hotel and immediately was disappointed. It is situated in a retail shopping park beside a sofa shop, kfc, pet shop halfords etc. The hotel is nice on the outside, however there is a large rubbish/waste area with large rubbish bins and general waste and untidiness sorrunds this. This area was directly below our hotel so it was not a nice view, nor was this a nice smell, which resulted in us being unable to open the room window at any point during our stay.

Spent 2 nights in this hotel and overall thought it was quite a bit out of the centre of Kilkenny - about 10 minutes drive. Nothing local near such as a garage etc, these are about 5 minutes drive or 15 minutes walk. Reception staff were basic and limited on English. When we arrived we were welcomed to the hotel advised times for breakfast and handed the room key, this experience lasted no more than 1-2 minutes. This I found disappointing and unwelcoming, as i would have been liked to be informed of what the hotel restaurant has to offer as I would have dined there. With regards to the room, decor is modern and it was clean.

We did not dine in the restaurant on either evening that we stayed as we unaware of what was on offer - there was no menu in our room, nor was there a menu available to read at our leisure. I felt this could have been illustrated at check in or a menu could have been provided in the rooms for guests to read and decide upon where to dine. In addition, most hotels that I have stayed in offer a discount to guests that choose to dine in the restaurant - this was not cascaded at any point throughout our stay, and made us feel very unwelcome in the hotel restaurant so we choose to dine elsewhere because of these factors.

We spent 2 nights here, and on each night both myself and my partner had an uncomfortable and extremely interrupted sleep. Firstly; the bed was 2 single beds clipped together which meant there was a rise in the middle of the bed which was hard and uncomfortable. Secondly, there was hotel staff that were out the back of the hotel (which was where our room was situated) quite regularly throughout the day whether it be 6am, 12pm or 3am. These staff members did not seem to care about the noise they were making whether it was loud laughing or shouting, however, it was extremely disturbing! In addition to this noise, there seemed to be doors banging throughout the day, mainly due to the housekeeping staff that had no consideration for any guests whatsoever! The icing on the cake for me was the 'little boy racers' that thought it acceptable to have these super dooper loud cars driving in and out of the car park or doing tricks in their cars which in turn created ALOT of disturbing noise from early evening right through to 2 or 3am in the morning. This was a massive put off - and with this linked to housekeeping staff making alot of noise early in the morning, both myself and my partner got very little sleep during the 2 nights that we stayed here.

I would NEVER stay here again. I came home more tired than I arrived. Extremely disappointed with this stay and felt there was no rapport or welcome from the staff as they were uninterested in every factor!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gebz
GMAspectHotel, General Manager at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

I did post a response to this review earlier and it was taken down by TripAdvisor once the reviewer made contact with them. I would like to thank the reviewer for making contact with me. We do welcome genuine reviews but not those written by employees of other hotels. I appreciate genuine reviews and welcome them where there is constructive critism offered.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a total of 3 times, its very central location in eire is useful, a nice manager and crew, modern in nature, it is situated next to a business park. clean and well presented. a very nice stay

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Medicworldwide
GMAspectHotel, General Manager at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Thank you for taking time to offer your genuine feedback it is very much appreciated. I am glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay with and even more delighted to read that you are happy to continue to stay with us, we love to hear this as it is a real vote of confidence in us. Looking forward to welcoming you back again for your fourth stay.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

I booked this on groupon couldn't believe that it was so cheap. When I got there I realised why. Myself and my boyfriend arrived about half 2 or 3. First of all there was a god awful smell outside the hotel. The bins were overflowing and there was two pint glasses half full from the night before right outside. Checked in which was fine and I must say the man in reception was so pleasant and friendly, really helpfull as well. So went up to our room. Corridors had glasses all over the place. Room was fine very clean etc but my god it was so cold especially in the evening.

We decided to head to the resturant about 6.15, Place was freezing probably cause its so open plan. There was one waitress working in the restaurant and the bar but she wasn't busy as there was only one couple at reception area and 2 couples in the restaurant. All I can say is that I would hate to see her if she was busy. Talk about dragging your heels. She was so slow serving us. She seem to be looking after the other couples more than us. I purposely didn't have any dessert because I just couldn't face waiting that long. For 2 main courses we were there for over an hour. I have worked in the hotel industry and I find the service we got was just terrible. The man behind the reception desk came in to serve I'm guessing as she was just so slow! Other than that portions are massive and food was lovely.

This hotel is fine if you just need to sleep or just passing through but I wouldn't go back there for a break again

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank JulieOhara
GMAspectHotel, General Manager at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Thank you for talking time to offer us your feedback. I am very disapointed with your experience of Aspect Hotel Kilkenny as it is far from the norm I can assure you and I am sure the other reviews can confirm. You did actually arrive earlier than you stated to the hotel and we did accommodate you with an early checkin. You arrived at the Hotel the day after Kilkenny welcomed home the All Ireland Hurling Title and we had many people stay in the hotel following the nights celebrations. I can assure you that the two glasses outside the door were not there long and especially not from the night before. As the Accommodation Assistants service rooms they leave any empty glasses or bottles outside the bedroom doors but these are removed on a regular basic from normal checkin time. With regards to the bins overflowing our bins are emptied each morning just before 7.00am and again just before 3.00pm, are you sure that they were overflowing or did somebody not push the rubish into the actual bin. The smell outside the door which was disgusting I do agree but this was beyond the control of the Hotel as it was fumes let off by a local sewrage system and we reported it immediately to the company responsible. Our heating is termostatically controlled in each bedroom and I am sorry to hear that you did not get to turn up the heating level. I am delighted to read that you found the food very good and that the room was clean, these are areas that we can have direct responsibility over.
Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights during the ploughing festival in a nearby town. I was extremely impressed by the staff, food and rooms at the Aspect. Staff were very friendly and genuine, no falseness. Evening dinner delicious and no waiting, breakfast each morning was plentyfull and you couldnt complain. all in all the food was yumyum. Our room was a great big size.

And a bonus was the reasonable cost. It was a really comfortable stay. I would def stay here again. hotel is a bit out of city but for us that was a posivite as parking was free and there wasnt as much night noise.

1  Thank SandraB2000
GMAspectHotel, General Manager at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Thank you for your very kind review of Aspect Hotel Kilkenny, it is very much appreciated. I will pass on the feedback to the TEAM today. Your experience is the experience we wish to deliver to each guest that we have stay with us. We pride ourself on Value, Quality Accommodation and Food, Genuine Hospitality and Cleaniness.
Please continue to tell all you meet about your positive stay with us. We love to be busy so we can only do that with your help in spreading the news about us and then by us actually getting the delivery during the stay spot on.
Thanks again for your business, it is very much appreciated.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed here 2 nights for our anniversary we got an amazing deal on hotels.com of only €50 per room per night inc breakfast!
The room was modern and spacious with super king size bed extremely comfortable, outside noise was none. There is wired internet in the rooms but no WiFi.
The hotel is in a weird place ie a shopping park its easy to drive to town and back but its a bit long for a walk but the taxis and hotel offer a flat rate of €8 each way if you're having a few drinks in town.
The breakfast was fully cooked buffet with plenty of extras such as fruit, yoghurt etc. it really is a wonderful deal that should be snapped up by anyone visiting the city.

1  Thank Nigel O
GMAspectHotel, General Manager at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Thank you for your positive review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you found it to be great value. We even offer a complimentary drink when you book direct, so even better value to be had. Yes our location do guarntee a good nights sleep when one choses to go to bed and yet we are just a 15 minute stroll to the centre or town or as you rightly pointed out we do offer discounted taxi fares ranging from €6-€8 depending on the time of the day or night.
Glad you enjoyed and happy to recommend the hotel to anybody visiting the city looking for accommodation. Please do continue to spreak the good news for us as we would welcome the opportunity to welcome your friends and family going forward.
Thanks again and looking forward to welcoming you back again real soon.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

This hotel is great value for your money. The room was spotless and quiet. The hotel is very clean and the staffs are friendly.
Breakfast was substantial and lots of variety. The hotel bar is small and adequate.
The taxi cost about €5.00 into the city centre.

1  Thank Dermot15
GMAspectHotel, General Manager at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Thank you for your very positive feedback it is most appreciated. You seemed to hit all the points that are very important to our core values. We believe if you keep the hotel spotless, and the Team to be professional and courtous and the food of a very good quality and all of the above packaged at a very realistic price then we will remain busy and build a fantastic regular business. Most people who with us once return time and time again.
Thanks again for your comments, they will be shared with the Team are our weekly meetings.