“best value in kilkenny”

Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Kilkenny
Killarney, Ireland
“best value in kilkenny”
Reviewed May 11, 2012 via mobile

best hotel we have stayed in of all our weekends in kilkenny, was very clean and the room was big with a great bath and shower, and ample free parking was very easy to find on ring road between the colomel/cork road and the m9 motorway.
we arrived late in the night and were checked in by Clement whom was very nice and welcoming.
breakfast was buffet style plenty of choice and healthy teas and juices.
got taxis to and from the bars in town they were resonable about €7, we drove during the day and parked by the castle (was free on a sunday :) )was easy to find our way:) z
will stay here in the future sick of being ripped off by the hotels in the town that even charged for parking,

• Stayed April 2012
GMAspectHotel, General Manager at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Thank you for your very kind review. We do pride ourselves on offering Best Value in Kilkenny. I will pass on you comments to the Team as they love to hear all the feedback, it keeps them motivated to hear of another genuine happy guest.
I will not comment about your checkin given it was I but thank you.
Good to hear you enjoyed your breakfast and the choice available.
Please do tell all of your friends and colleagues about Aspect Hotel Kilkenny as we would love to welcome them again in the future. Looking forward to welcoming you back real soon.
Clement Gleeson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Czech first
Duiblin
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I stayed there with a stag party and was very impressed with the hotel. The location isnt great but the hotel will call you a taxi and there are very quick to arrive. It is only 6 Euros to the City Centre. The hotel is very quiet, the rooms very clean and the staff helpful.

If I was on a budget I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your recent review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Yes our location by night is quite away from the street noise of the city centre after nightclubs etc. Delighted that you found our discounted taxi service good.
Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Cork
Reviewed May 6, 2012

A group of twenty girls went up to this hotel on a hen (my sister neing the hen) last night.when we arrived at the hotel one of the girls felt ill from travelling as we had travelled from cork,she was in the reception and vomited and had to be brought to her room (none of this i was aware of at the time)..six of us sat down in the restaurant to enjoy a meal when a member of reception called me out in front of everyone to tell me my 'friend' had vomited.so i rang the girl in the room to tell her come down and clean it up.ten to fifteen minutes later he returned to my table and called me out again in front of my friends to tell me that the girl did not come down and that i would have to clean it myself.i went up to reception but my sister the bride came up after me and said that it was not my fault watsoever that the girl got sick.he said it was not in his policy to clean up after anybody and his cleaners were finished theyr shift but it was ok to humiliate me at the table and make the bride to be clean up someone elses vomit?later i asked him to show me his policy,which he couldnt produce therefore clearly didnt have one.throughout our stay i felt very uncomfortable as they were by no means professional.this hotel and staff are an absolute disgrace we will never stay again and everyone i know will be warned.a dive

• Stayed May 2012
4 Thank Donlilmer
Thank you for your review. It is with regret that I need to respond to your review in such a negative manner but your comments in calling the Hotel and Staff and utter disgrace is not acceptable. We as a Team in the Hotel serve alcohol responsibly under the responsible serving of alcohol guidelines. Unfortunately I appreciate that your group did drive some distance prior to arriving at the Hotel and were carrying sick bags upon arrival. The person who did vomit in the lobby was barely able to stand and had to be almost carried to her room by two memebers of your party. Had anybody come down ill from natural causes then none of my Team would have had a problem in cleaning up after them. We emeployee a Team of Hospitality Professionals to look after our guests but were over intoxication is involved I believe Adults need to be Adults and be responsible for their own actions.
Thanking you again,
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed April 25, 2012

This hotel is on the outskirts of Kilkenny and I stayed there last week. The rooms are comfortable and the evening meal was excellent. They could however, revamp the breakfast. Although good it was self service all the way

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
GMAspectHotel, General Manager at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
Thank you for your very kind review. Delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Sorry to hear that you did not like our self service buffet breakfast. I do hope that you will keep us in mind again in the future.
dublin
Reviewed April 23, 2012

we stayed 21st april for one night staff very frendly rooms very clean no i mean spotless credit to the cleaning staff & comfy,power shower and bath could find no fault with staff or rooms bar opened til 2am{great ha ha} breakfast let it down ,buffet style food was cold,would go back and recomend it to anyone.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
GMAspectHotel, General Manager at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Thank you for your recent feedback, it is very much welcomed. I am so sorry to hear that the food on the buffet for breakfast was not hot, I can assure you that we have reviewed our systems since and hope now to have elimated this issue, sorry again.
Delighted to hear that the rest of your stay was very good and that you would be happy to return to us again in the future. Thank you for your kind comments with regards to the spotless room, I will pass it on to our accommodation team.
Looking forward to welcoming you back in the future, but in the meantime please tell your friends about your stay with us, we would love to see them.
Curragh
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We stayed in the Aspect Hotel in Kilkenny for 3 nights
The room was quite comfortable and I could open the window for some fresh air, and aslo adjust the heaters (which could not be done in a lot of other hotels we stayed in).
The food was very tasty and there was plenty of it. The staff were very friendly, helpful and polite.
Overall I would give this hotel 10 out of 10 and should we be requiring accommodation in Kilkenny in the future we will go back to the Aspect

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your very positive feedback, it is very much appreciated. Delighted to hear that you are happy to recommend us and to return again in the future. We do get a lot of repeat guest and we are delighted to see this happen. Please continue to spread the word about Aspect Hotel Kilkenny as we would love to welcome your friends and family also in the future.
Thanks again for your kind comments.
Wexford
Reviewed April 10, 2012

I stayed here just before christmas with 3 other ladies. upon arrival the receptionist was not very welcoming, no smile, no how are you, no hello, and was the same when we checked out the next morning, she did not ask us how or stay was or anything else.

My friends were staying in the room next too us and when one of the girls opened the door to let us in the door frame actually fell down on top of her. She called reception to ask for some one to be sent up and some man was, dont know if he was the manager or what but her basically just laughed and said oh!!!! it was fixed but still not something that should happen in a hotel and not a very professional attitude from staff.

Breakfast was fine nothing special. The second it comes to 11 though everything is taken in by the staff, so be down well before they finish. We did have to ask for more bread and milk this was at 10.45.

The hotel is located in a retail park a good bit out of town a taxi cost approx €9.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank poppy0013
GMAspectHotel, General Manager at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
Thanks you for your comments. Firstly I would like to speak to you in person to discuss your alledged experience as I am very confused by your comments. I find it very hard to believe that a door frame came away on your friend given that there are 5 screws holding the door in place and each screw are approx 120mm so for five of them to become detached at the same time is amazing!!! Secondly I am surprised to see that this incident apparently happened before Christmas and you waited five months to voice your concerns. We do keep a very good incident log on site and we have no record of any such incident. With regards to breakfast I am delighted to hear that it was good but we do not offer Breakfast untill 11am we finish breakfast at 10am midweek and 10.30 at the weekend so again I am a little confused if you have the correct location reviewed.
If you wish to contact me I would appreciate it.