Aspect Hotel Kilkenny
$222
Hotel Kilkenny(Kilkenny)
$205
$184
Kilkenny Inn Hotel(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
$183
$296
$204
$248
$240
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Kilford Arms Hotel(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
$154
$136
Zuni Hotel(Kilkenny)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsretail parkstayed heredays innring roadbudget hotelcity centrenice hotelmin drivepleasant staygood sizebuffet breakfastdouble bedone night stayroom was spotlessfull irishlast weekendtaxi
Reviewed January 5, 2012

My main complaint with this hotel was it's distance from the center of the city. I was advised that that the hotel was within walking distance....possibly prior to eating dinner and drinking a few pints, but definatly not after. The good thing was that they had a deal with taxi drivers, so the price in and out of town was really good. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the bar and restaurant were okay. The accomodations were fine, normal standard hotel. No wi-fi available in rooms and my mother and husband were unable to get internet access on their laptops in the lobby, I could however on my Iphone. Probably would not stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank southernx2
GMAspectHotel, General Manager at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2012

Thank you for your recent feedback. We are located just over 1 KM from city centre and with a footpath the whole way to town and I can assure you that many of our guests do enjoy the walk to town even after dinner, but i am sorry that you felt it was too far to walk. I am delighted that you availed of our discounted rates for the taxi to town which is real value from only €6 for four people. With regard to the internet we do offer wi-fi in all of our public areas and via a cable in the rooms. As you were able to access the internet via your phone our internet did work but as we made you aware we do not interfere with your computer settings and that is what prevented you from accessing the internet.
I am delighted that you found our Team to be very friendly and helpful as that is one of the many things that we pride ourselves on.
Thanks again for your feedback, as they are all valued.

Reviewed December 26, 2011

Myself and few friends stayed in this hotel recently and all I can describe it as is Faulty Towers!! We were very disappointed with our night there. The bath rail was falling off the wall, There was no shower gel/shampoo. This didnt matter too much as we had our own but you dont expect the dispenser to be totally e,pty when you pay for your stay. At one stage one of the girls opened the room door and the door frame came off the wall with the door and hit her on the head. She called reception and a young man came up to have a look. After telling him what had happened, he more or less 'you dont say'!!! This is outragious, really not good enough, Hence, I would NOT recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank chanel791

Thank you for your recent feedback and we do value all of our genuine comments. Your experience is not in keeping with any of our othre guests feedback and no member of the Team are aware of a door frame coming away. We value your comments as ask you to make yourself know to us and to make contact directly with us as I would personally like to speak to you about your feedback.

Reviewed November 30, 2011

I have stayed in this hotel on several occasions and as I said on the tital its always spot on. The staff are all very friendly and always willing to help sort out issues. Clement always has time to speak to you which i find enjoyable. I have stayed in many hotels accross Ireland and there will always be issues, its how there dealt with that makes the differance. Yes there are boy racers and some noisy people but you can get that in any and all hotels on the wrong night. The rooms are very clean and comfortable, the food is very good and overall its value for money paid. Some one mentioned wifi in the rooms, the reception can give you a lead that allows internet connection if required. This is what I would call a no nonsence hotel..

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank ColinHutch
GMAspectHotel, General Manager at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2011

Thank you for your positive review, it is very much appreciated. I am very happy that you found your stay enjoyalbe and that you enjoyed our hospitality. We do take pride on offering a very good quality, clean bedroom, excellent food, fantastic value on any date and we encourage genuine hospitality an offering that can sometimes below par in many a hospitality venue!

Please do let all of your friends and family know about your positive experience while visiting Aspect Hotel Kilkenny. Looking forward to welcoming you back again in the near future. In the mean time Happy Christmas and make your NEW YEARS Relolution to visit Kilkenny more often as Kilkenny is waiting to welcome you.

Reviewed November 15, 2011

We stayed here for two nights in October before returning to Dublin to catch our flight home. I had booked the reservations based on reviews I read on this site and the price. I knew the hotel was a bit out of the center of town but I became a little concerned when we had difficulty finding the hotel which is tucked in the corner of a service type mall. However, the hotel proved to be a gem of a find. From check-in to check-out the staff went out of their way to make us feel wlcome. I asked for quiet rooms and we were given rooms that overlooked a green belt in the back of the hotel. The breakfast is buffet style and has a nice selection of items to choose from. We were told we could walk to town but we chose to drive instead and were given a map and directions for easy access into Kilkenny. Unless being in the center of town is a priority, I would highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back overlooking the green belt.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank danish07
GMAspectHotel, General Manager at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2011

Thank you for your valued review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our location as you say is a little out of town but this allows for a comfortable nights sleep away from the hustle and bustle of a busy center but yet only minutes from the centre. Delighted to hear that the Team at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny made you feel welcome and went out of their way to assist you. We do have a great reputation locally for the quality, value and the level of service that we offer and our believes are if we continually deliver on these core elements we will continue to build a loyal clientelle. Please do tell all of your friends as we promise to wow them for a very good value break.
kind regards,

Reviewed November 10, 2011

Nice Hotel on the edge of Kilkenny - around 20 mins walk to centre.

Hotel has all you need - Breakfast is straight forward and easy

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank awayfromreviews

Thank you for your valued review. Delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to us. Glad you found our location good so close to town and yet out of the hustle of town to allow for a very enjoyable sleep.
Please do tell your Friend about Aspect Hotel Kilkenny as I am sure I may be able to find rooms to accommodate them also at our usual exceptional value.