We stayed at the Lyrath in April and i have to say it was one of the most relaxing experiences i have had in a long time, i'm very glad i didn't go with some of the views expressed on here.
our reason for visiting is that we are looking for a hotel to have our wedding in and we wanted to experience the hotels we had considered, as a normal customer, as we wanted to experience what our wedding guests would experience.
I was 7 months pregnant, at the time, and it was just soo relaxing, i mean the staff were amazing, we did not mention that we were considering the hotel to host our wedding, so i feel we got a very relaistic view of the service.
i did find the odd faults, which is of course in evitable. those being, in our en-suite, there was marble everywhere,, so obviously no expense was spared but yet there was paint on it, and holes and such in the paint and woodwork. its probably a small thing to some people.
also breakfast was served only until 10am at the weekend, which i found a little unusual.
but to be honest and fair, there were my only 2 points of dissatisfaction.
personally i feel a lot of negative comments come from the fact that they are supposed to be 5 star, which ii am not sure they have atually been accredited yet. alot of people have watched the series
"5 star" and jumped on the bandwagon.
We spent our evening in the conservatory and garden, it was very quiet and peaceful and i liked the privacy as i read someone didn't appreciate earlier, but each to his own.
for me i felt that the hotel was comfortable, relaxing, stylish, friendly and i am sure it will be a great asset to Kilkenny.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 170 acres of parkland, Lyrath Estate Hotel is only 5 minutes from Kilkenny City. It offers luxurious air-conditioned rooms, an award winning spa, an outdoor infinity pool, and a selection of bars and restaurants. Guests can enjoy a peaceful night's sleep at Lyrath Estate Hotel as rooms are soundproofed with each having beautiful views overlooking the estate with not a car in sight. Each guest bedroom includes complimentary Wi-Fi and a 43 inch flat screen television. The Oasis Health Club boasts a gym, steam room, swimming pool and Jacuzzi. The Oasis Spa offers a thermal suite, sauna and steam room with a range of indulgent treatments, with advance booking recommended. Contemporary Irish cuisine is on the menu at La Perla restaurant using the finest local ingredients. Tupper's is a traditional Irish bar located at the heart of the hotel where you can enjoy a quiet drink & delicious bar food. Yindee's serves authentic oriental food whilst there is a range of beverages available at the sophisticated X Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HRS and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa & Convention Centre Hotel Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa And Convention Centre
- Lyrath Hotel Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Hotel Convention Centre