A stunning hotel situated a mere five minutes drive from Kilkenny City. The quality of the Lyrath is evident from the first moment you turn off the main road and begin to wind your way through the vast and pictureque grounds. The hotel iteself is based around the old Lyrath house which still fronts the building and maintains its old world charm with Morning Room, Lounge, and Snooker room. Behind it, the modern world begins with a beautifully designed reception area. Everything is clean, fresh and well-maintained. Our room was just their basic offering but it was neat and tidy with good space and good features. The bathroom in particular was well designed with mood lighting and wet-room shower.
The service of the room, which can be a nusiance in many hotels, was done quickly and without fuss, In fact, we were never once interrupted in our room with the work being done during our short absences, including nightly turndown service.
The food in the bar was exquisite and in particular the Fish & Chips was without question the tastiest I have ever eaten. The fish was like battered cream and the chips have rendered my appreciation of any other kind ruined. We ate in the hotel's Asia restaurant in the evening and the food was wonderful again.
The one limitation on the hotel is the somewhat below standard leisure centre. In a word everything is small, the pool, the steam room, and the changing rooms (the male one anyway) were virtually unuseable with more than two occupants. A strange oversight in a hotel of this quality and with no evident limitation on space.
However, that is a minor gripe in an otherwise faultless hotel that exhales peace and relaxation. It was while I was ambling to breakfast one morning, listing to the soft ambient music being played in the corridor, and looking out over the picturesque grounds that I realised I had discovered a true gem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 170 acres of parkland, Lyrath Estate Hotel is only 5 minutes from Kilkenny City. It offers luxurious air-conditioned rooms, an award winning spa, an outdoor infinity pool, and a selection of bars and restaurants. Guests can enjoy a peaceful night's sleep at Lyrath Estate Hotel as rooms are soundproofed with each having beautiful views overlooking the estate with not a car in sight. Each guest bedroom includes complimentary Wi-Fi and a 43 inch flat screen television. The Oasis Health Club boasts a gym, steam room, swimming pool and Jacuzzi. The Oasis Spa offers a thermal suite, sauna and steam room with a range of indulgent treatments, with advance booking recommended. Contemporary Irish cuisine is on the menu at La Perla restaurant using the finest local ingredients. Tupper's is a traditional Irish bar located at the heart of the hotel where you can enjoy a quiet drink & delicious bar food. Yindee's serves authentic oriental food whilst there is a range of beverages available at the sophisticated X Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa & Convention Centre Hotel Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa And Convention Centre
- Lyrath Hotel Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Kilkenny
- Lyrath Estate Hotel Convention Centre