2,995 results
All reviews la perla tuppers bar thai restaurant thermal suite oasis spa hydrotherapy pool yew restaurant executive room afternoon tea old house turn down service relaxation room lovely grounds beautiful hotel spa treatments main restaurant walk in shower
Selected filters
Reviewed May 28, 2018

Stayed for two nights and overall a lovely stay however for the price and the star rating would have expected a couple of things to be better. On the plus side, great facilities, great spa, had a lovely meal in the bar, room size good and the gluten free availability at breakfast great.

On the slightly negative side, the rooms were a little dated especially the bathroom, we were a couple and got a normal sized double bed plus a single, for over €300 a night would have expected a king, and the beds were not as comfy as I would have hoped. Also, a very minor first world problem but they didn’t serve any champagne by the glass, most places I stay of this quality do.

Date of stay: March 2018
4  Thank Suemas2014
Reviewed May 21, 2018 via mobile

The staff are brilliant,the spa is gorgeous and the food is so nice! We ate in the grill both nights and Susan who works there was so helpful and attentive! The rooms are so nice aswell. Nothing was a hassle to any of the staff we spoke to. We are back for a wedding in September but will defineately be back for another weekend aswell! The spa treatments we got were amazing. We got a couples massage and the girls who did them were brilliant aswell. The girls at the reception we dealt with couldn’t of been more helpful. Literally cannot fault one thing! Amazing hotel! Thanks so much to everyone for everything. James and Niamh x

Date of stay: May 2018
4  Thank Niamh L
Reviewed May 18, 2018

A beautiful hotel in lovely settings. Very nice staff, room gorgeous thanks to a complimentary update so was thoroughly spoilt. Didn't use the spa facilities but went out for walks instead.

Food in the restaurant upstairs was lovely and priced well too.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank RangeRoverBabe
Reviewed May 17, 2018

Patricia and I stayed for 2 nights in the Lyrath Estate Hotel in Kilkenny (14&15th)
We had two nights B&B and one evening meal and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.
Beds turned down for us in the evening was a real experience that we never had before.
Food fantastic morning and evening, also I had the chance to have a massage in the Spa which was really enjoyable. Jessica was the Person who gave me the Massage and she has a terrific pair of hands. No pain no gain. All the staff were very accommodating from the reception and all through our stay.

Room tip: Fourth floor was perfect for us.
Date of stay: May 2018
3  Thank falsenews
Reviewed May 17, 2018

I stayed there with my daughter 30/3 as a "special" treat for her. Reception service was excellent but thereafter....bedroom had no fridge, carpet badly faded with spotted stains. Went to bar for light snack, bottle of white wine was tepid, service slow, presented with frozen chips which were overlooked and no flavour, had to ask for condiments. Went to spa for booked treatments which were ok. The dressing gown was far too small, back massage good, facial very poor, in the relaxation area after treatments all flowers on display were dead, about 6 vases. Went for booked afternoon tea. The service was appalling, no fault of the waitress but understaffed. The quality and taste is of food was average. Reservation for dinner at 8.30 in The Grill. Extremely and uncomfortably hot upstairs. Service very slow, food was very good. No bathroom facilities in this large area, you had to go downstairs. After dinner went to Tuppers Bar. No table service provided, dirty tables with empty glasses, bar service very slow. During this time between 10.15 and 10.45 pm children were running around in the adjoining foyer making a lot of noise which was a common feature during our stay. Went to bed disgruntled, sleep was good. Next morning my daughter went to use the pool but only stayed a short while due to the noise and screaming of children. Breakfast, food was good, service poor. A lot of faults with service, noisy with clanging of delph and staff talking about upcoming holiday in Ibiza. Check out very efficient, we were glad to leave at 11.45. This was not a cheap break. Overall there was a lack of friendliness by staff, little smiling and did not appear happy in their work and seemed to lack supervision/leadership. I sent an email of complaint on 3/4 and was advised the relevant party would revert to me regarding the issues I had raised ( all of the above). I asked for the General Manager to respond to me. As I received no contact, I emailed the GM on 11/4 for a response to my email of 3/4 and again on 17/4. Following this I received a mail from him which by the way did not include any form of apology other than to say he had been on holidays for the last week and that "we" would revert in the coming days. On 19/4 I received an email from the Director of Operations not the GM. It was apologetic but didn't address the actual issues raised and I found it somewhat condescending when it stated "it is a great complement to us when our patrons take the time and trouble to comment" etc. I spent a long time considering whether to provide this review and the reason I decided to write such a lengthy review is to inform future guests of what to expect and to know this is certainly by no stretch and of the imagination a 5* hotel.

Date of stay: March 2018