“perfection”

Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Kilkenny
Ireland
“perfection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2009

Amazing I think is the word I'd use. Everytginh was lovely- food, room, atmosphere, staff, I could not find fault with it. the oasis spa was glorious!! HA dtwo treatments and the therapist was very professional and accommodating. I would highly reccommend it and will def be back for a return visit! Nicest place i have stayed in. A little pricey but well worth it.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (377)
kilkenny ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2009

I am from Kilkenny and a regular visitor to the oasis spa.I have always wanted to stay here,so for midterm booked a two night break with a friend.This hotel is amazing.The staff ,service and food are of the highest quality.The grounds are stunning.The facilities out of this world.the cocktail bar has the best strawberry dacs.The only critism I have is that the relaxation room in the spa should have a strict silence policy

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
tipperary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2009

We have recently returned from a one night stay in lyrath house hotel and i must say hotel exceeded my expectations and more.My wife had stayed before and kept raving about it and we decided for our anniversary to treat ourselves.We had to postpone first time and deferred it till now and i must say it was well worth the wait.The moment we arrived the staff could not be more friendly and helpful the check in was seamless and courteous the atmosphere and ambience in the hotel was peaceful and relaxed.We were offered to be shown to our room but declined as we set out to explore the hotel.Upon arrival at our room which was a suite i was more than impressed with the decor and room layout which was top class i was even more than surprised to find a bottle of sparkling wine in ice and box of chocolates awaiting us which i found when ringing reception was compliments of the hotel a lovely gesture especially after cancelling first time.The breakfast was buffet and suited us as have great variety and dining staff were exccellent.Top hotel top staff and must say for a man who is not easily impressed i was in spades load hopefully will return soon well worth the five stars and could get another few in my opinion.

Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2009

No other word to describe this place. Everything about it was amazing.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
co. cork ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2009

My husband and I are just home from a 3-night break in Lyrath and I felt that I had to commend the hotel again on a great experience in every way. I have stayed before with a friend and promised myself that I would return with my husband at a later date, and it was well justified. He was every bit as impressed as I was.
We really could not fault a single thing. It was so relaxing, warm, cosy, inviting and thoroughly professional without being "in your face".
The breakfast was excellent and provided a great start to the day. All staff we met were so professional and yet typically Irish and friendly.
This is one special place and if you get the chance - don't miss out! Superb value and worth every penny!
2 recent reviews describe this hotel as"disappointing" and for the life of me, I cannot understand what they are on about - sorry!

ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2009

my partner and i stayed in lyrath on a 2 night package 2 weeks ago and i must say we were not disappointed from start to finish. i must point out i work in the hotel industry and sumtimes i may have higher expectations of a hotel but nothing was too much or was inconvenient for the staff , The rooms were superb and the balcony for smokers was a lovely touch, there was a large convention on while we were staying and although alot of staff were designated to the convention we never felt at any time we were neglected. The food in tuppers bar was for me as a chef truely magnificent and when i see peoples previous reviews i must point out that it is a 5 star property and of course prices are gonna be higher so people should remember that !!!!!!. we met terry the bar manager on our first night and he is a true professional and an absolute gentleman , We both had treatments in the spa and it was definatly worth the money i still think about the thermal spa pool 2 weeks after im home. breakfast was superb with great choice and no waiting around which was good because im not a man for queues. i cannot praise lyrath highly enough for making our little break unforgetable and i will certainly become a regular visitor because once ure there u never want to leave so all in all well done to all the team at lyrath i look forward to returningsoon

dublin, ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2009

Stayed at the Lyrath Hotel for one night, my wife was attending a conference there the next day. We were not exactly sure what to be expecting when we arrived but were more than impressed! The driveway up to the hotel is lovely and then there were 3 lovely labradors near the hotel entrance like a pride of lions (but very friendly ones). We were welcomed at our car by the porter who opened the car door for my wife and offered to park the car for us (very unexpected)! At check-in again we were welcomed and the porter then helped us with our bags and brought us to our room. The room (322) was new and you could still smell the new carpet smell in the corridor. He offered to show us the facilities in the room and was most pleasant. The room had some lovely toiletries and the towels and robes were fresh and didnt seem at all tired (as mentioned by another reviewer). We went to the pool which although small, we had it to ourselves for the most part. Theres a jacuzzi, which if there had have been more than the two of us might have been a bit tight. The steam room is the same, but like i say, it wasn't busy. The decor thoughout the hotel is very nice and its all seems very new. We went to Yindees - the Thai restaurant, for a meal, and the staff were friendly enough and appropriately attentive (although it was a bit expensive - but then maybe not too much for 5 star). Breakfast was lovely and there was a huge variety of choice.
I could not recommened this hotel enough.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business